DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:31:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 U.S. Press Release and Details (Read 139834 times)
Yama
Una brezza calma...

View Profile WWW Email
Yama phones it in,
 « on: April 24, 2007, 04:20:06 PM »
Locked away in the human psyche is power beyond imagination...
Now, the time has come for you to unleash that power!

Title: SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI®: PERSONA 3™ DELUXE EDITION (ペルソナ3)
Platform: PlayStation 2
Publisher: Atlus Co.
Developer: Atlus Co.
Genre: Role-Playing
Release Date: Summer 2007 (US)
July 13th, 2006 (JP)
April 19th, 2007 (JP) Fes
Official Website: ペルソナ3 公式サイト (Japanese)

In Persona 3, you’ll assume the role of a high school student, orphaned as a young boy, who’s recently transferred to Gekkoukan High School on Port Island. Shortly after his arrival, he is attacked by creatures of the night known as Shadows. The assault awakens his Persona, Orpheus, from the depths of his subconscious, enabling him to defeat the terrifying foes. He soon discovers that he shares this special ability with other students at his new school. From them, he learns of the Dark Hour, a hidden time that exists between one day and the next, swarming with Shadows. These monsters have been steadily claiming victims aptly nicknamed “The Lost”—people who’ve inexplicably become mindl-5(ess zombies. Under the supervision of school chairman Shuji Ikutsuki, he joins his new companions in confronting this threat to humanity…

With your school as the primary battlefield, you’ll be forced to jugg-2(le between two lives: student by day, defender against evil by night. And your greatest challenges await you on the eve of each full moon.

Key Features:

•  Engaging Social Link system lets you build intimate relationships with friends and love interests alike!
•  Unforgettable characters and professionally-acted dialogue bring the story to life!
•  Massive replay value with over 20 Social Links and a complex storyline encompassing a full school year.
•  Highly stylized designs grace the beautiful 2D character portraits, detailed 3D animations, and heart-pounding cut scenes!
•  Intense, strategic battle system; find and exploit enemy weaknesses with the help of your allies!

Bonus Materials:

•  A full-color, 52-page art book packed with character art, concept sketches, and more!
•  Soundtrack CD featuring the hip urban-techno music of Shoji Meguro, composer of the haunting and unforgettable scores for Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga!
•  A striking collector’s box to store your game and all the extra goodies!

Press release: http://www.atlus.com/prpdf/P3.pdf

Yama has 3 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 04:32:50 PM »
So, wait, they're going to include the absolutely atrocious Persona 3 OST, but they refused to include an OST with Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, which had, arguably, superior music?

Also, they shouldn't have included "Shin Megami Tensei" in the title. Long, unnecessary titles do not equal sales unless "Final Fantasy" is in it.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:21:59 PM »
Quote from: Yama;2801
Locked away in the human psyche is power beyond imagination...
Now, the time has come for you to unleash that power!

Thanks for the information! Now I can´t wait to buy Persona 3, with both the artbook and the OST. I guess this will be a good reason to save my money.

And about that sorry Heat! But like I say P3 is a good game, and with the Best comes the best!!!

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 05:25:21 PM »
Sadly they have been doing that with every game related to SMT,that comes over here.With Nocturne,I can understand...but adding SMT to Digital Devil Saga,Devil Summoner and now Persona 3.

...it is just getting annoying.But it can't be helped,they will probably continue to do this,regardless if it's annoying to us or not.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 05:41:05 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;2803
And about that sorry Heat! But like I say P3 is a good game, and with the Best comes the best!!!

That doesn't even make any sense.

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:07:09 PM »
Sadly they have been doing that with every game related to SMT,that comes over here.With Nocturne,I can understand...but adding SMT to Digital Devil Saga,Devil Summoner and now Persona 3.

This was brought to Atlus NA's attention during the release of DDS, but they are just going to keep going with it.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 07:55:15 PM »
Quote from: Kakizaki;2808
This was brought to Atlus NA's attention during the release of DDS, but they are just going to keep going with it.

Atlus USA is content with people feeling like complete fools when trying to buy their products. I don't know about you, but I find it embarrassing having to say "Shin Megami Tensei: [Insert Title]" 3 times before I'm asked to spell it out.

"What? Could you spell that... Is that all one word? We don't sell imports here.".

This is why I only buy their games online now.

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 09:38:43 PM »
I've had that done to me from before,when I was buying Nocturne for the first time,I think.

But I think most of the workers at Gamestop know what I'm talking about as of now,atleast I hope.I already preordered P3,and the only problem they had was just looking for the words "Persona 3",since Shin Megami Tensei was all they could find.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 09:45:39 PM »
Quote from: Enid;2810
I've had that done to me from before,when I was buying Nocturne for the first time,I think.

But I think most of the workers at Gamestop know what I'm talking about as of now,atleast I hope.I already preordered P3,and the only problem they had was just looking for the words "Persona 3",since Shin Megami Tensei was all they could find.

I didn't mind it with Shin Megami Tensei 3, since that's the actual title, but Atlus USA thinks they're creating some brand recognition by adding "Shin Megami Tensei" to every damn game they release, so you wind up with titles like "Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga" and "Shin Megami Tensei: Kuzunoha Raidou vs the Soulless Army". It's ridiculous.

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 10:10:49 PM »
It is a bit much, but from a marketing perspective it works. Unfortunately for them, the phrase isn't exactly English friendly.

I completely disagree about the soundtrack by the way, but to each their own. At the same time, it's obviously going to be truncated...

It's funny that they took this long to announce all of this. Someone brought to my attention a short time before I took the main site down (and I posted it) that EBGames and Gamestop have listed all of these items for weeks.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Yama
Una brezza calma...

View Profile WWW Email
Yama phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 10:38:43 PM »
Quote from: Enid

...it is just getting annoying.But it can't be helped,they will probably continue to do this,regardless if it's annoying to us or not.

I agree, it's a nuisance. I understand the marketing perspective, but being such niche titles (in the US) to begin with, I doubt it has a huge factor in sales. For the sake of being official I added it to the post, but will never refer to DDS or Persona as SMT. If anything, I wouldn't have minded seeing Revelations: Persona 3, but that was dropped by the second title.

As for the soundtrack, what is it comparable to? P2's trance-like soundtrack was among my favorites.

Yama has 3 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 10:59:57 PM »
I suppose I'd call it "experimental". It has techno moments, but it also has hip hop and other genres mixed in. People are probably going to love it or hate it. I'm in the former camp.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 11:12:03 PM »
Yes it does have a type of hip-hop theme to it.
Even in the Reincarnation OST adds more words in the lyrics to the remixed songs from P3,that remind me of some rap songs.

I'm not really a fan of rap or hip-hop myself.

aoritsuki

View Profile Email
aoritsuki phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 12:26:16 AM »
I thought the soundtrack was fine, though I'm partial to 'Blues in Velvet room' and 'Kimi no Kioku.'

aoritsuki has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 07:29:22 AM »
Quote from: aoritsuki;2822
I thought the soundtrack was fine, though I'm partial to 'Blues in Velvet room' and 'Kimi no Kioku.'

Yes they´re good ones, but another good one in my opinion is "Mass Desctruction" anyway! Does anyone of you here, have the lyrics for this song?

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: