DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:43:07 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Italian (Italiano) (Read 12110 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: March 11, 2009, 06:32:56 PM »
Italian is setup at (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/maintenance/locales/it/)

We need Italian translators (VMee) to register with the front page however with the same name as you registered with the forums. Then I can give you Italian translation privileges so you can work on that page...

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/wp-login.php?action=register

You will need either Firefox3, Google Chrome, or probably Safari to work on this page. Otherwise it will look very wrong, and might not work (I haven't had time to back port it -- and since it's an admin page that is not a big priority)

For now, please work on this. We will try to get information on translating pages up asap. I'm also going to work on a special page to make that easier in the meantime. For translating news, please just follow the link from the news item that says "Forum Discussion" and post your translation in that forum thread. We will add it asap.

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/it/

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 06:40:20 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
VMee
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
viewtiful_mee@yahoo.it
VMee phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 05:55:08 AM »
Ok, I'm checking the site right now:)

Henshin a Go-Go, baby!!!!

VMee has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 04:45:35 PM »
Ok, you can writeup posts for review (which will be useful for translating pages) and you have permission to work on this page (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/maintenance/locales/it/)

You're the only Italian translator for now, so you can feel free to translate as many items on that page as you like, then finally choose to compile the revision (you can do that as often as you like -- it doesn't matter)

After you hit a "compile revision" button, you'll be shown your revision, and when you hit the "commit" button, there will be a new Italian translation file for the website. Webpages are cached, so if you definitely want to see you changes on the website immediately, add ?nocache to the url in your browsers address bar (if there is already a ? in the url, use & instead on the end of the url you want)

I always recommend starting on this page first. It translates the website itself, more so than the articles. Some phrases are obviously higher priority. So if you only have time to do a little at a time, it's better to look for phrases that you see commonly around the website.

Feel free to ask any questions. And especially let me know if there is some reason something can't be translated naturally, and I'll fix that.

PS: I'm going to work on a special page to help translators translate pages, then I will say more about that. But it is actually very easy if you know something about html. You just need to find a page you'd like to translate, and copy the source code for that page (just the unique/non-generated content) into the new post which will serve as the translation.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »
PS: I'm going to work on a special page to help translators translate pages, then I will say more about that. But it is actually very easy if you know something about html. You just need to find a page you'd like to translate, and copy the source code for that page (just the unique/non-generated content) into the new post which will serve as the translation.

This sounds interesting! smokin

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 05:50:33 PM »
^Well what I'm planning is just a page that will show the html source code for pages that can be translated. It might show some extra translation statistics as well, but not much else (well at least for now)

This way I won't ever have to try to explain to people how to copy the html code for a new translation page tongue

Just kidding... it really shouldn't be as tricky as it currently is.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »
Wow VMee! Good work translating everything so immediately smokin

You know we really appreciate it. And I hope our Italian readers and new comers will too rainbow

For the rest of the stuff you have not translated. We usually translate everything literally, except for company names, and products. Those we leave alone. Products does not include titles btw. Those we translate in a way that is a little more complicated to explain. Basically we try to translate as much as possible, but leave some words that don't go over well in phonetic Japanese.

You should feel free to translate everything in localization page that doesn't obviously look like a Company/Product name. I can fix anything that should be left alone (you don't have to know Italian to do that)

Thanks again! cool

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 10:05:27 PM »
We need Italian titles for the following news items (we have translations, but no titles)

*Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP) “Coming to America in 2009”
*Devil Survivor ready for North America come June
*Atlus Plans PSP Release for Megami Ibunroku Persona

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: