DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:15:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leader of the Gamespot SMT Union looking to pass the torch to D3? (Read 14244 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « on: January 23, 2009, 04:08:44 PM »
I was contacted via email by Sam Spiteri and he was telling me the following thing, regarding the ownership of the "Shin Megami Tensei Union" at Gamespot:

Dear Sir/Madame,

I am currently the leader of the only Gamespot Union related soley to Shin Megami Tensei and its spin off serieses.

For the past several months I have been trying to find a new leader to take over my union because I've been wanting to step down as leader since I've got other commitments that need addressing.

Your digitaldatabase site seems to be flourishing healthily. Would you be interested in one of your staff members to become leader of the Gamespot Shin Megami Tensei Union?

After I volunteer myself to help with this and asked what can I do, he said the following:

As I had said...are you or any of your other digitaldb staff interested in becoming leader of gamespot's smt union??

Thus you or one of your staff members would become the new leader and owner of gamespot's only smt union.

All you need to do is subscribe with gamespot, enter the union and than I'll select you to becoem leader.

I told him that I'm just a moderator of the site and why he was "choosing" me to take the lead, he said this:

Forgive me but from the digitaldb site I only found your email. To be honest i would prefer if the union would be in the hands of the owner of digitaldb. Do you have contact with him or her? maybe you can pass on this message to your superrior pls

So If anyone knows something regarding the ownership of such Megaten Union, please let us know! We can't agree to such things if we don't know all the background story.  rainbow

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
postmortemmt

View Profile Email
postmortemmt phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:01:49 PM »
Hey guys,

I just registered on the forum.

My name is Sam Spiteri and I have been the leader of Gamespot's only SMT union.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=SMTUnion

I have been the leader of this union for almost 3 years. Our aim was to deliver any shin megami tensei news, media, articles and anything else to the union's members and any gamespot fans who have stumbled upon the union.

For the past several months the union hasn't been updated as I ended up neglecting it due to other commitments.

I've been trying to find someone to pass on the union to and honestly I cannot think of anyone better than the staff of DDdatabase. I believe you guys can really brighten up the union and also use it to promote smt news and the ddDatabase.

There was a time when the original owner of the DDdatabase was one of our union members. Unfortunately I don't recall his real name but he went by the gamespot username: pinksandcocaine.

Well anyway, hopefully the union shall find a new home with Digital Devil Database :)

postmortemmt has 3 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »
edited: ^seems like the following post was a little late doh

There are just so many disparate beacons of Megaten fandom out there on this vast internet of ours rolleyes

Seems like nearly every remotely social mega-site has a niche for Megaten fans. I wish there was some way to focus all that energy on one dominant fansite again...

I found this via your link (not so hard to do)

Hey SMTU Members

I hope this message finds you all well and enjoying the weekend wonderfully. It has been ages that I last posted an update and I feel confident that quite a few of you have asked several times if the union is dead?

Rest assured no Mudo or Hama spells have been casted on the union but as Leader, I feel it is my responbility to tell you the reasons of my much delayed response.

Towards the end of the summer 2006. I had severely injured my right knee which resulted in my Cruciate Ligament being completely ripped apart. I needed an immediate operation which consisted of replacing the torn Cruciate Ligament with an Artificial Graft. The operation was a complete sucsess but I had to endure 7 months of isolation due to extensive psyiotherapy.

The 7 months were ate away video games, music albums, novels, movies, internet\chatting by the dozens and extensive psyiotherapy. In April 2007 finally I was free to enjoy life outside once more

From that time onwards, a lot of things happened by my hand and choice. I went abroad several times, enjoyed outside activities as often as I could, started writing fiction literature, left my full time job after 6 years being employed and currently continuing my education.

Having 7 months completely spent on eating away at my hobbies and enduring extensive psyiotherapy seem to have taken their toll on me and I had spent a LOT of time away from the internet\forums, spending much less time on my hobbies, and whatnot thus the reason why I lost contact with this union (alongside many other forums, messageboards etc.). Although the time consumed wasn't all negative. It gave me time to reflect on many areas I never made time before to think about and I made the necessary adjustments in order to lead a more productive life. One of the less important areas was spending too much time on profile sites, unecessary messageboards, blogs and whatnot. Thus I had decided to delete several accounts and spend time more productively.

The Shin Megami Tensei union was spared from this 'holocaust' but now I'm certain I wish to step down as leader. I am not making time for this union which is very unfortunate and also shameful for me that I hadn't chosen a sucsessor during all this time. As we all know, this is the only Shin Megami Tensei exclusive union on Gamespot and IT DESERVES much more respect.

Thus I am offering my place with immediate effect. All interested candidates please email me on coldandfast@gmail.com with the subject 'SMTU Leader Application' with your details, history with SMT games, why you feel you'll be a good leader for the union? and what plans do you have for the union's future? A candidate will be chosen and promoted to leader at a later date.

I also intend to discuss some plans with the current Officers of the union and post a few updates before stepping down as leader.

As a final word I'd like to say that although I am removing myself as leader I intend to be an OfficerModerator because I will still be giving support to this union in one form or another. I'm still an avid rpg gamer and my love for SMT has grown much more with the PAL release of Persona 3 and the soon to be Persona 3: Fes, Persona 4 and Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha VS. the King of Abaddon. Some things will never change

A big thank you to all of you for being so patient and loyal.

Regards,

Sam Spiteri A.K.A MetallisampostmortemMT

Which seems to layout the situation fairly plainly.

I'm not sure what we could do, other than syndicate some of our stuff over at this union...

Personally (though the administrator, I'm just a guy/gal like everyone else here) I'm not a huge fan of Gamefaqs (now Gamefaqs-Gamespot) primarily because it tends to create shallow communities which subtract from the possibility of real internet communities taking root. But also because text based faqs should've gone the way of the dinosaur back in the 90s if not for Gamefaqs tongue

Mostly I'm not a fan of the corporate friendly way Gamefaqs behaves. It's cool that it has a gameboard for every single game ever more or less, but people rely on it too much.

Either way, we here are all about resuscitating a core Megaten community if at all possible. So sure, I really don't have time to do this personally, but anyone who wants to do so on behalf of digitaldevildb.com can if you wanna take over leadership of this blog.

Just put a link to our site in each post from our website (or something) please biggrin

Also we welcome posters from the union to help us out with our blog as always smokin

Seeing as how both sites are blogs, I can't see a way to do this more directly, conflict of interest and all.

PS: Thanks for thanking about us postmortemmt rainbow

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 05:09:31 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
postmortemmt

View Profile Email
 « Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 05:37:13 PM »

Either way, we here are all about resuscitating a core Megaten community if at all possible. So sure, I really don't have time to do this personally, but anyone who wants to do so on behalf of digitaldevildb.com can if you wanna take over leadership of this blog.

Just put a link to our site in each post from our website (or something) please biggrin

Also we welcome posters from the union to help us out with our blog as always smokin

Seeing as how both sites are blogs, I can't see a way to do this more directly, conflict of interest and all.

PS: Thanks for thanking about us postmortemmt rainbow

It would be lovely to see one of your staff members becoming leader of the union and hopefully it will be used as a beacon to gather more SMT fans and also used for DDdatabase promotions.

I really just wish to leave the smt union in good hands and as I mentioned before. You guys have a goal in which the union can prosper in. Even I'd love to see a large concentration of megami fans instead of splinter groups world wide.

BTW its all free so no strings attached.  All you need is the free basic gamespot account and I'll promote you to leader of the union.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »
What is a Gamespot Union other than a blog? I know it must represent more?

I have a Gamespot account named "arcnet", but I set it up Armored Core games discussion really. If you just really want to be done with it in a hurry, you can transfer leadership to that account temporarily (I can join the union if necessary)

Or better yet we could wait and see what evolves I suppose.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 01:48:05 AM »
Have you tried contacting pinksandcocaine? Could that be Tony?

His profile is apparently active:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/pinksandcocaine/

edited:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24949390&union_id=1043

Must be Tony I guess...

Can anyone think of any reason we shouldn't ask him to come back to digitaldevildb.com in some capacity?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:53:42 AM by yksehtniycul »

postmortemmt

View Profile Email
 « Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 03:30:56 AM »
Have you tried contacting pinksandcocaine? Could that be Tony?

His profile is apparently active:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/pinksandcocaine/

edited:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24949390&union_id=1043

Must be Tony I guess...

Can anyone think of any reason we shouldn't ask him to come back to digitaldevildb.com in some capacity?

Yes it's Tony, thanks for reminding me his name. Despite his gamespot account being active he has long be offline and I sometimes think he doesn't game anymore.

I remember one day he had told me he's giving DigitalDB to someone else for reasons quite undisclosed.

I never got to know why he left digitalDB.

What is a Gamespot Union other than a blog? I know it must represent more?

I have a Gamespot account named "arcnet", but I set it up Armored Core games discussion really. If you just really want to be done with it in a hurry, you can transfer leadership to that account temporarily (I can join the union if necessary)

Or better yet we could wait and see what evolves I suppose.

I am currently in talks with your moderator Emilio regarding the union. We shall see from there on. Thanks for the offer though :)

EDIT: After browsing to some unions I've discovered a new SMT union >> http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=PX

You might want to get in contact with them for promotional reasons or establishing an alliance of sorts.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 04:58:25 AM by postmortemmt »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »
DigitalDevilDB wink rolleyes

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 09:19:17 PM »
So looks like you worked everything out?

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=SMTUnion

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »
I've sent this message to Tony's Gamefaqs/Gamespot account:

Yo!

I'm the poor sap that ended up having d3 dumped in my lap. We really wish we could get a hold of you somehow. It would be awesome if you could just login to the forums and send the administrator(me) a PM with an email address where I can reach you. We don't want to hassle you too much about coming back to the website in some capacity. But we would like to be able to at least have a way to contact you. Also there is the matter of who should own the domain name (before it slips thru the cracks!) ...and we'd like to be able to compensate you for all the content you've generated on the site should it ever really pick up some steam advertising wise.

I'm personally really overburdened. But I'll be happy to continue managing the site on the technical end. We could really desperately use some help with editing and publishing I'm afraid. If something doesn't happen soon staff wise, probably the site will just become a time capsule until something changes. On the plus side we are able to translate the website. It is now very much available in Spanish, thanks to Emilio, who has really done so much work for the website. I've mostly just shamelessly used it for hands on internet technology experience, but I've clock hundreds of hours doing purely content oriented work for the site as well I'm certain.

Please, if you're reading this. Don't be afraid to do the right thing! We need whatever support you can offer (especially we need to sort out the domain name thing)

Also, Traci wrote about supporting the website once, but never wrote back. It might help if you asked her to reconsider yourself. In general your presence would probably do much for morale. I realize how much work you must've done for the website, and I can see you didn't have any much help or too much praise. We're all kinda demoralized about the matter. Now would be a really good time to pay a visit to the website and forums~

He hasn't logged in for several weeks, so it could be he won't read this for a while... If anyone knows another way to get in touch. We really need to pull out all the stops to get to him one way or another asap smokin

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: