DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:47:21 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Devil Saga 2? (Read 82299 times)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 09:58:17 PM »
I'm going to have to pre-order it soon. I definitely want the soundtrack the most because it's something that the Japanese version never got. Well, there was no second volume to begin with anyway. What a shame really...the music is really good in the sequel. D:

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
ParasiteMT@gmail.com COTMFreak parasitemt
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Argilla
I'm going to have to pre-order it soon. I definitely want the soundtrack the most because it's something that the Japanese version never got. Well, there was no second volume to begin with anyway. What a shame really...the music is really good in the sequel. D:

You're telling me.  I was listening to the Battle Theme and the Last Battle Theme from DDS2.  I want to listen to them in a much better quality though D:.

EDIT: I can't wait to see all the battle actiony goodness DDS2 has to offer, the battle theme makes me wonder how much better it will be.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 11:19:35 PM by Parasite »

Parasite has 65 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 10:29:43 PM »
DDS2 has one of the best battle themes since the normal SMT1 battle theme. I hope the DDS2 Soundtrack will have "Alive".

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kaysper

View Profile Email
Kaysper phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 12:34:44 PM »
The other thing about this Gamespy preview that leaves me wondering is the claim "you can play through this game without ever playing the first and still be fine."  I heard something similar to Persona 2: Eternal Punishment when I picked it up.  Maybe I was able to finish it and enjoy it, but by the end I was still wishing for a translated copy of Innocent Sin.

But as for looking forward to the game?
Ohoho…It's a bit hard to describe how anxious I've been; I've almost reached the point where I'm frantically running around in circles waiting for new media or a release date.  
I don't think that I'll reach the point where I'll cut classes to pick up my copy, but I will try and grab it the day it comes out.  After that cliff hanger of an ending for the first one, I've been pretty impatient for the sequel.  ((Second and possibly third play throughs do not suffice!))

Kaysper has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 12:49:50 PM »
Quote from: Kaysper
The other thing about this Gamespy preview that leaves me wondering is the claim "you can play through this game without ever playing the first and still be fine."  I heard something similar to Persona 2: Eternal Punishment when I picked it up.  Maybe I was able to finish it and enjoy it, but by the end I was still wishing for a translated copy of Innocent Sin.

After finishing DDS, I don't know. Honestly, you get to know the characters and see a few situations and the backstory, but very little happens in it overall to what I'm told is coming up in DDS2. Despite spending many hours on that game, I could probably summarize most of it very quickly. It seems almost like a prologue to a major story than a prequel... Innocent Sin, by comparison, was a full on game that existed as its own entity before any sequel was even considered. But again, I'm only just reading these things. I've not played it lol.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 01:25:05 PM »
Well, that's because you don't need to play DDS1 to get an understanding of DDS2.^^; It's like Tony said, it's a prologue to the game. An introduction to the characters. You're not really missing out on anything really(story-wise). In DDS2, a lot of stuff from part 1 is explained in the first half of the game. I really do recommend people to play the first one though because you'll be missing out on a lot extra goods. D:

As for Innocent Sin, I see them both as two different games. I haven't finish IS nor do I want to(Radiokill wants it so I'm sending it to her ;D). Both games have different characters, a few different shops, and they *somewhat* don't lead the same way in their stories. They sort of do yet at the same time, they don't. Overall, I think IS wins at being the best game in it's series.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 04:25:50 PM »
Overall, I think IS wins at being the best game in it's series.

Agreed. It is the superior one.

Kaysper

View Profile Email
Kaysper phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 05:47:45 PM »
It's just that disregarding one game in a series, even if it is just prologue...It irks me, and quite badly.  I don't like the idea of playing through something, or reading a book series that are directly related to each other without going in order.  
Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive/obbsessive compulsive about this?  ((Then again, considering how DDS seems to be nigh impossible to find right now, maybe it's a good thing that it isn't considered essential.))

Kaysper has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 08:55:32 PM »
No, I don't think your being overly sensitive about the subject.^^ To be honest, it'd be nice that people play out the first one to get a sense of what'll be going on in the second one. Also makes it easy for you to already know how the battle system works since it's basically the same thing in the next game.

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 09:15:39 PM »
Heh, I've been considering ditching classes just to pick up this game.  I just don't want to see this game slip through my fingers like Nocturne and Persona 2 did.  If it wasnt' for Atlus making limited copies, I might not think of this.  I'm REALLY anxious for this game.  I almost know how those Halo 2 fans felt when it was coming out and some of my classmates were actually skipping school JUST to buy it and play it the first day it came out.

I always wondered how IS played out, some people said it was the first half of the game...though by the script that someone had hosted, it didn't sound like that.  So I'm very confused about it; I probably don't have to worry, though.

Heh, I'm getting a bit anxious typing this up right now.  The release date is getting ever so close (13th for US shores, correct?), it's like waiting for Golden Sun 2 all over again, except you can't get it a week or two earlier by the way of emulation. XD

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 09:18:43 PM »
...You can't just buy it...after school ends for the day? I seriously doubt people will be pouring into the store trying to get their hands on DDS, of all games.

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 09:20:12 PM »
Quote from: Heat
...You can't just buy it...after school ends for the day? I seriously doubt people will be pouring into the store trying to get their hands on DDS, of all games.

Actually, I don't think I can.  My ADHD will probably kick in that day and it will be hard to concentrate on anything the whole day.

If I could, I would wait, but I don't think I can.

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 09:53:28 PM »
Quote from: Parasite

The release date is getting ever so close (13th for US shores, correct?)

They changed it to the 27th.^^

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #28 on: September 01, 2005, 09:55:54 PM »
Christ, and they're asking $50 for it.

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: September 01, 2005, 10:13:18 PM »
They changed it to the 27th.^^

Oh well, there's a good reason why they delay games, correct?

Quote from: Heat
Christ, and they're asking $50 for it.

Isn't that the price for most games nowadays?  At least it isn't nearly $60 as DDS was, then again it was in a "deluxe box set".

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: