DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:24:17 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STICKY: Article Suggestions! (Read 9495 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: October 05, 2008, 07:53:08 PM »
This thread is for articles we'd like to see or feel are needed. Regular members should probably suggest articles in the Find Your Voice forum. If we like your suggestions there, we'll make sure it is added to this thread. In fact on second thought this thread will be locked biggrin

Of course if you'd like to contribute articles to the website and you're not dead set on a specific topic, this is a great place to look to get new ideas smug

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »
First up to bat, I feel like this article has got to be rewritten or edited:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/misc/digital_devil_story_anime_ova.php

To begin with the author insists the anime is, "bad. Really, really bad."

I for one feel the anime is fairly brilliant, whether the creators were aware of their genius at the time or not!

But the point is, this is simply unprofessional. Clearly you can't call a potentially non-camp cult piece of art, "bad. Really, really bad," without at least elucidating other opinions.

However someone would like to handle this article, it needs to be changed. I don't think I can personally do a very well measured objective job of it, but I'll certainly volunteer for editing purposes.

edited: It also bothers me the author seems to insist more contemporary anime has higher production values than older anime. I'd argue until I turned blue in the face the differ. So again, this article is awash with dubious biases.

PS: The point here is not to discuss my opinions. And if you wanna do that, make another thread (feel free to quote me -- and by all means do)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 08:10:16 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:39:15 PM »
I'd like to see this page reworked:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/about/

So that the Akemi graphic is up top around the Digital Devil Monogatari stuff, and the P2 Persona is down in Akemi's spot by Persona2 stuff.

Honestly they seem like they're in the polar opposite spots they should be. Could be just horizontally flipping the graphics and swapping them would work out.

edited: Flipped

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 05:13:40 AM by yksehtniycul »

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »
Friends, Romans, DDDB community!  Lend us your writing skills!

We are in dire need of more articles!  Our main games page is missing quite a lot of information regarding the games themselves which is why we need talented, motivated, and (most importantly) experienced individuals such as yourselves to help us fill in the blanks.

If you aren't already a contributor feel free to contact any of the moderators or site admin and we'll get you started down that process.  In the meantime, if you have anything you'd like to submit to the Games page, feel free to post your preliminary article as a new topic HERE, with "GAME ARTICLE: (game title goes here)" as the topic title.

The articles themselves need not be anything fancy.  All they really need to contain are:

1- a paragraph for plot set-up (not a summary - just a who's who, basically an introduction to the storyline),
2- a paragraph which describes a run down of the gameplay,
3- and a paragraph describing any other miscellaneous information that you think needs to be included. 

A couple of screenshots probably wouldn't hurt either.

Below is a list of games that we need articles for.  At this point it's really up to the author to decide which game to write an article for, but as we get more submissions we'll have to whittle it down.  We'll do what we can to expidite the editing process and have your article on the Games page as soon as we can.

NEEDED ARTICLES:
----------------

English Games
-------------
DemiKids: Light & Dark
Revelations: The Demon Slayer
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Japanese Games
--------------
Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei
Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei II
Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei