DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:21:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 4 (Read 34832 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 03:06:57 PM »
Personally I'm thinking it might've been worse in English... but the translation job has been getting a lot of praise; but forgive me if I'm skeptical / totally used that semicolon in the wrong way razz

I think the fights were finished just by jamming the same button as moves along the dialogue. The one big boss seemed complicated, but I'm not sure the game would let you loose against him (I think I did resort to his weakpoint just to move the game along doh)

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Phoenix Gamma

View Profile WWW Email
CrazyGreg6
Phoenix Gamma phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 10:43:31 PM »
I'm on the final dungeon myself after 60 hours of playing.

I'm torn, though; on the one hand, the gameplay elements have been improved a lot; the way Down works is a nice change, jumping back into a dungeon from the floor you left off is great, and S-Links are definitely improved (choosing friend or lover, hanging out with multiple people at once, and unlocking new attacks and abilities in battle is superb) but...

...well, the story gets in the way. A lot. The two hour introduction is probably the worst offender, but there's plenty of times where you're just advancing text. It's good text (the translation can be too literal at times, like a fansub. I think P3 did a better job) and the voice acting is just as good as P3 (save for Chie and Teddie), but you're not playing a video game during those segments. You're just reading. It's like a visual novel until it remembers "oh yea, the gameplay!"

I think P3 is still more appealing, but it'll be hard to go back after the luxuries that P4 gave me for the past 60+ hours.

Phoenix Gamma has 6 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: