DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:18:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now that the U.S. release is solidified... (Read 30497 times)
KaitoYamada

View Profile WWW Email
fireworksgoup
KaitoYamada phones it in,
 « on: September 12, 2008, 11:12:49 AM »
Anyone here moving over to the English/German version?

-Nolan

KaitoYamada has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:10:30 PM »
I haven't heard from the Aeria people yet since the licensing situation was publicized.

I don't intend to move as far as my game is concerned. I can imagine not playing altogether if everyone deserts the Japanese game. I'd love to feel at home playing full-time with Japanese players, but I just don't, and seeing as the game's setup is about as asocial as a social game can be, even if I were to really get my Japanese into gear someday, I'm not sure I would have the level of self deprecation required to get into it.

Frankly I begun playing IMAGINE for experience. At this point I'm more just playing for the hell of it I think.

Anyhow it will be a while until the game is ready. I was told CAVE/Atlus were doing the brunt of the translation, but the Superman GM over in the Aeria forums seems to be saying Aeria will be translating to some degree... as opposed to just editing. I'm pretty shocked and amazed that Aeria's business model seems to employ amateur volunteers to achieve all of their software requirements in exchange for in-game perks!

As a professional it rather blows my mind. I don't think I'd have the balls to buy a cross-continental license and hand it over to raving full-time game players, half of which migh even be teenagers. In my experience the people who seriously play games tend to be the last people you'd want on your studio's dev staff  biggrin

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:17:14 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
KaitoYamada

View Profile WWW Email
fireworksgoup
KaitoYamada phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 12:23:26 PM »
Are you talking about the GMs when you say volunteers? I believe they are actually employed by Aeria. It's the GS' (Game Sages) who are volunteers.

It would be nice if we got a DDDB Klan going on the Aeria server once the game is out. I'm not looking forward to potentially playing with a lot of younger players.

-Nolan

KaitoYamada has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 01:23:33 PM »
There should be enough players on an English server to not require a DDDB klan rainbow

As for GM vs GS, it doesn't appear any GMs will be dedicating time to transitioning IMAGINE/MegaTen from what I can tell. I don't know how much the license cost them -- however full time staffing can cost a bit too. Still seems like an odd arrangement nonetheless. Especially for an AAAA title like IMAGINE.

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:35:32 PM »
I'll definately be moving to the English server.

I mean,I don't have a problem with restarting all over again.
Not much to loose from my account on the Japanese server,a few outfits and weapons maybe...but I get the feeling I will see
those in shops or being dropped by demons in the dungeons;yes I'm feeling that lucky based on my experience.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 06:46:30 PM »
If changing to the English server means loosing all I have, then I will think twice about it  sick I don't play to much so I guess starting again will be another 8 months to reach Lv 21  eek

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
Maverynthia phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »
I will probably play on the English server if for no reason than just to understand what the item are and do and what everyone is saying to me.

I do think we should have a DDDB Klan, just so us here in the forums can play together, just because they speak English doesn't mean they aren't assholes. It'd also be nice to play with people that already know the Megaten universe somewhat rather than people that are playing it because it's a free game.

Maverynthia has 52 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »
The thing about a forum wide klan, is it needs to accommodate everyone... including the assholes biggrin

The English server should have a broad spectrum of klans available where everyone can surely find a place they fit in. Of course we encourage everyone to use our forums, though Aeria forums also exist for the English servers in this case.

We try to cater to the entire Megaten community.

I have been asked to make a new DDDB like klan on the Japanese servers. I'll only consider it because I was recently kicked out of Globe mysteriously, and it doesn't seem to be accidental or due to inactivity. Since the only available klans are demonstratively private interest klans! I will make a post to see if there is interest in a new public interest Japanese server klan. I plan on waiting until Aeria goes into open beta or a few months maybe, before making any commitments to form the klan (provided there is expressed/committed interest)

The wait is so we can clearly get an idea of who will be continuing their accounts on the Japanese server (Kerberos)

Wing

View Profile
wingosx@hotmail.com ZeRo8EvEr
Wing phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »
I'm reconsidering switching to the English server as I have understood the basic knowledge of Shin Megami Tensei Online.

If anyone wants to start "quickly" leveling with me in OB/CB you can get at me with Private Messages to discuss.

But beforehand, I'm still wondering how spot on the translations will be, and how Aeria will handle it.

Wing has 7 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »
I'm not getting good vibes about the translation. Seems like Aeria is trying to do it without spending any money, and without any kind of actual one-on-one coordination between translators. I'm sure there'll be a final editor to slap on a layer of consistency (probably one of the GMs)

But I get the feeling it will be a patch work quilt in the end, but basically not respectful of the medium as artful artifice -- again my vibes so far.

Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
 « Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 01:00:52 PM »
I have been asked to make a new DDDB like klan on the Japanese servers. I'll only consider it because I was recently kicked out of Globe mysteriously, and it doesn't seem to be accidental or due to inactivity. Since the only available klans are demonstratively private interest klans! I will make a post to see if there is interest in a new public interest Japanese server klan. I plan on waiting until Aeria goes into open beta or a few months maybe, before making any commitments to form the klan (provided there is expressed/committed interest)

The wait is so we can clearly get an idea of who will be continuing their accounts on the Japanese server (Kerberos)

Ouch :X I should probably leave to if they did that to you out of the blue.
I would join a JP DDDB Klan as I don't plat to delete my character or anything though I might be a bit more inert that usual.

As for the translation, I heard that Cave/Atlus is doing an initial translation so if it looks Engrishy then we can blame them first. I have a feeling afterwards it will be up to the fans to say do this or do that.
:/

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 04:21:51 PM »

Ouch :X I should probably leave to if they did that to you out of the blue.
I would join a JP DDDB Klan as I don't plat to delete my character or anything though I might be a bit more inert that usual.

As for the translation, I heard that Cave/Atlus is doing an initial translation so if it looks Engrishy then we can blame them first. I have a feeling afterwards it will be up to the fans to say do this or do that.
:/

I was told that by Spencer originally, but I don't see how that could possibly be the case open and shut at this point.

I don't know what the deal with Globe is. I haven't heard anything. I try to be an active member of the Megaten community, so I think there must be a lot of mean nerds with a hard on for me. I occasionally get wind of all manner of gossip and lies regarding my character behind my back. But I've always been a public persona, and deeds speak louder than words I think.

My only guess is someone hatched another wopper that got me kicked. I'm completely oblivious. But it is no way for what appears to be a public klan to behave (of course Globe really isn't public)

PS: I'm not sure what my IMAGINE plans are for a while. I'll likely login daily to kiss a devil or two, and try to catch each war. In the meantime, these are very uncertain times.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 04:26:22 PM by yksehtniycul »

Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
 « Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 04:40:15 AM »
PS: I'm not sure what my IMAGINE plans are for a while. I'll likely login daily to kiss a devil or two, and try to catch each war. In the meantime, these are very uncertain times.

Arg, I finally got halfway through the act 3 mission :x now I don't have anyone to help with the Talaka battle. ._. I don't know of any other English klans on that aren't the GameFAQs people :X

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 04:57:55 AM »
If you're on right now, maybe we can help you?

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »
I usually just go ahead and solo that mission myself when no one else is around.But of course there is a lot of dying involved,oh well.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: