DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:07:50 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibility of a U.S. release! (Read 19935 times)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « on: August 27, 2008, 12:01:31 AM »
http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=165381

Check it out. Register and vote! Many of the people commenting know nothing about SMT and are kind of bashing it. If you want to see it localized, vote.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 07:46:49 AM »
Wow, someone really made a sales pitch post there. I've never seen characters that look that way in the face/hair. Those must be pre- or very early beta screenshots.

I've heard the game is making a killing with it's lottery gimick, but I just couldn't Imagine it catching on in the states  smug

I wouldn't be able to play on western servers if it did, unless there was no segregation at all within the game (however I'd have to stay on my starting server obviously)

It would be nice if a western release would mean other skin pigments (so racist) and the ability to buy CP with a foreign credit card.

I think it might not work as well as of yet in the states, as there isn't so many ways to casually spend pocket change on the internet. Which is where I'd guess a lot of it's revenue comes from.

The thing that sucks about the whole lottery thing, though not all bad... is I'd personally hate to actually win the lottery. You'd never have a real challenge again with all the free shit that is given away to lottery winners. It often breaks the whole concept of what a game is supposed to be. And the people buying the CP really aren't getting a true game experience, they're really more like mules working for CAVE to distribute new fashions.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:56:11 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:01:51 AM »
Or wait, I read some of the thread. Is this company actually thinking of localizing/producing the game in the states? I might go ahead and register and try to get a job with them if so ?p

In case anyone missed it, I made my bid somewhere around pg6 I think...

http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=165381&start=75

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:28:39 PM by yksehtniycul »

Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 12:05:52 PM »
^Yeah. They are thinking of localizing it.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
It's funny the promotional image in the top post refers to "Mashin" Tensei. If you lookup 魔神 on wwwjdic it lists Mashin as the first pronunciation, Majin second. However google returns virtually no hits for "Mashin Tensei". Makes you wonder which is right as far as the studio is concerned. Of course technically either is correct. I'm presuming the promotional image was prepared by Cave. Also funny Kanneko's name is spelled with two n's. That suggests a different pronunciation than you might guess otherwise.

edited: Ah noticed at the top, it is just Kaneko. Makes you wonder??

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 03:48:43 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 06:52:52 PM »
That would be great! =D Once I have the time, I'll vote  5innocent2

But if they localize it, what would happend with the accounts? The players will need to make a new one or they can still play with their account without problem?

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »

But if they localize it, what would happend with the accounts? The players will need to make a new one or they can still play with their account without problem?

Nothing would happen.

Ziabatsu

View Profile Email
Ziabatsu phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 02:39:35 PM »

If the game is brought to the states your Japanese characters would likely be useless. When a game is brought over they tend to have seperate servers for different countries. The one real exception I know to this is Final Fantasy 11.

Ziabatsu has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 06:17:56 PM »

If the game is brought to the states your Japanese characters would likely be useless. When a game is brought over they tend to have seperate servers for different countries. The one real exception I know to this is Final Fantasy 11.

I doubt this utterly. Of course if you wanna play on your Japanese account you'll have to keep using the Japanese client. Or at least that would be the worst conceivable inconvenience I could possibly imagine.

Ziabatsu

View Profile Email
Ziabatsu phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 07:18:37 PM »

I doubt this utterly. Of course if you wanna play on your Japanese account you'll have to keep using the Japanese client. Or at least that would be the worst conceivable inconvenience I could possibly imagine.

What to you doubt? You pretty much just said what I did. When I say the JP character would be useless I mean you won't have access to it using the English client and would need to make a new character.

Ziabatsu has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 08:16:02 PM »

What to you doubt? You pretty much just said what I did. When I say the JP character would be useless I mean you won't have access to it using the English client and would need to make a new character.

Technically your comment can be read to imply IP addresses not originating in Japan would be banned, or something of that nature.

I was just trying to clear things up. Maybe I shouldn't have replied so literally  redface

At any rate, glad to see you active on our bbs here  wink

Spread the word we're on our way back!

Wing

View Profile
wingosx@hotmail.com ZeRo8EvEr
Wing phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 09:33:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure there will be two different clients, and most likely they wont transfer your Japanese accounts to the English.

They wouldn't do that guaranteed.

So assuming if the other client happens to be the same as the Japanese one (the data) that means you have to change the host names to Aeria's in order for you to play the English.

It's just one method of getting in.

Wing has 7 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 09:29:48 AM »
From what I've been told (technically I probably shouldn't be repeating this)

There is a considerable chance the same clients might be used. If so there would still be separate servers of course, though you might not be corralled into one or the other (English players would be encouraged to join a particular server)

I only say that is possible, because apparently CAVE is developing the international client as well, and it would just be easier to manage if everything was in one place.

If that is not the case, I have a feeling this will mark the beginning of the end of my IMAGINE escapades.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 10:31:44 PM by yksehtniycul »

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 08:38:36 PM »
I'm not holding my breath on this...  face15

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
KaitoYamada

View Profile WWW Email
fireworksgoup
KaitoYamada phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »
I'm not holding my breath on this...  face15

Me either... but we can still hope.

-Nolan

KaitoYamada has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print