DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:52:34 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 4 for ps2 (Read 82532 times)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « on: December 18, 2007, 10:12:11 AM »
2008. Book it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=jpconewsstory&refer=jpconews&tkr=7866:JP&sid=a3cqmF.j765M

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:24:04 AM by Himuro »

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:20:34 AM »
I hope it´s true, they need to keep alive the PS2 with such great titles like Persona, but the question is, if they´re going to release it, it will be a different story from both Persona 3 and Persona Trinity Soul, or it will be a sequel of one of those?

Strange thing they say, "PS2" I thought the next megaten game was going to be on the new generation of consoles. But if they´re going to make it for the PS2, better for me.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:41:54 PM »
The PS2 really seems like a console that should never go out of production. I remember Famicoms being produced well near the end of the Super Famicom life cycle, and many games, most only released in Japan, were added to its catalog as well. The PS2 seems an even more extreme case, as people are completely uninterested in the PS3, and lets face it, the PS2 is like a car for games. Most people just need to get where they are going. The PS3 is a super car for enthusiasts -- at least until the programming monkeys can get their banannas in a row.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 12:52:52 PM »
I really find it strange as well that they decided for the PS2.Seeing as how,even Nippon Ichi jumped the band wagon and is making Dis3 for the PS3,yet the graphics really look like they belong on the PS2.

But anyways...either way,I'm not upset it's going to be on the PS2.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 02:07:07 PM »
Quote from: Himuro;6283
2008. Book it.

No. I'd rather wait for a game that actually has a chance of being good. They honestly need to ditch the Persona series because Atlus has proven they can no longer make decent Persona games. I'd rather have another Shin Megami Tensei game, as long as they don't screw it up as bad as they did Persona 3.

Quote from: Enid;6286
I really find it strange as well that they decided for the PS2.

My guess is because this generation really sucks so far. All three of the consoles are huge disappointments, especially when it comes to RPGs. I think it's also financially more practical to make it for the PlayStation 2, because it's safe to say most gamers own a PlayStation 2, whereas only a fraction own the other consoles.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »
Safe isn't the word, not crazy! is more like it. Any publisher Atlus' size has no business producing a PS3 game unless it is completely subsidized / insured (produced) by Sony.

But yeah, Atlus and Megaten in general are an odd couple in my book. Cave has out done Atlus at every turn in handling Imagine (once you adjust for the margin of retard-ness which plagues all contemporary JRPGs)

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 02:33:37 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6287

My guess is because this generation really sucks so far. All three of the consoles are huge disappointments, especially when it comes to RPGs. I think it's also financially more practical to make it for the PlayStation 2, because it's safe to say most gamers own a PlayStation 2, whereas only a fraction own the other consoles.

I agree,the PS2 has proven to support more RPG titles than the others...which is why I haven't bought a Wii or a Xbox at all.There just isn't enough RPGs to make me want to buy any of them,maybe like..3 or 4 titles at most? That I can only think of at the moment,that is really nothing,compared to how many RPG titles I have heard of or own myself.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 02:39:45 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;6288
Safe isn't the word, not crazy! is more like it. Any publisher Atlus' size has no business producing a PS3 game unless it is completely subsidized / insured (produced) by Sony.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that Shin Megami Tensei 4 will be on the PlayStation 3.

Quote from: Enid;6289
I agree,the PS2 has proven to support more RPG titles than the others...which is why I haven't bought a Wii or a Xbox at all.There just isn't enough RPGs to make me want to buy any of them,maybe like..3 or 4 titles at most? That I can only think of at the moment,that is really nothing,compared to how many RPG titles I have heard of or own myself.

The XBox 360 is getting some RPGs, but they're not all that good. It'll be getting Lost Odyssey, as well, next year [in the U.S.], but that game doesn't seem like it'll stand out all that much.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 03:15:26 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6291
I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that Shin Megami Tensei 4 will be on the PlayStation 3.

Me too! I think SMT 4 will be on the PS3, hope so, cause I don´t want to see a megaten game for the Xbox or the Wii (I don´t like at all those consoles).

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 03:37:01 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;6293
Me too! I think SMT 4 will be on the PS3, hope so, cause I don´t want to see a megaten game for the Xbox or the Wii (I don´t like at all those consoles).

I wouldn't mind it on the XBox 360, but I'm always paranoid the damn thing is going to die on me. Just a few days ago, I was playing Oblivion, and as I was about to shoot some fireballs at a rat, I got a "the disc is unreadable" error. What the hell the disc is unreadable? For $400, I expect the goddamn disc to be readable. If this kind of thing persists, I will cease my support of the XBox 360.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 03:44:05 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6297
I wouldn't mind it on the XBox 360, but I'm always paranoid the damn thing is going to die on me. Just a few days ago, I was playing Oblivion, and as I was about to shoot some fireballs at a rat, I got a "the disc is unreadable" error. What the hell the disc is unreadable? For $400, I expect the goddamn disc to be readable. If this kind of thing persists, I will cease my support of the XBox 360.

The Xbox sure is good, but not as good as the PS (in my opinion). And about Wii, I don´t have good experiences with the NINTENDO since the N64. So I rather want to see the next megaten game on the PS3, of course king

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 10:01:54 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;6298
The Xbox sure is good, but not as good as the PS (in my opinion). And about Wii, I don´t have good experiences with the NINTENDO since the N64. So I rather want to see the next megaten game on the PS3, of course king

I think Kaneko expressed interest in making a Megami Tensei game for the Revolution, but I have no idea where I read that. I don't know how that'd work out -- I don't think the Revolution is really the kind of console that developers should be putting RPGs on.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 10:35:18 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6300
I don't think the Revolution is really the kind of console that developers should be putting RPGs on.

Exactly! It´s good for sport and maybe fighting games, but I don´t see a good rpg for it. And I never want to see a Megaten game for the Wii.

Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 11:00:47 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6287
No. I'd rather wait for a game that actually has a chance of being good. They honestly need to ditch the Persona series because Atlus has proven they can no longer make decent Persona games. I'd rather have another Shin Megami Tensei game, as long as they don't screw it up as bad as they did Persona 3.

What? What is so bad about P3? The gameplay is way better than past Persona's.

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 11:14:32 PM »
Quote from: Himuro;6303
What? What is so bad about P3? The gameplay is way better than past Persona's.

They´re just matter of opinions, for example, for me you will always hear that all the megaten games are the best games ever made, but maybe for Heat, they´re probably the worst games ever made.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: