DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:22:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help making character (Read 12584 times)
ImmoralFlame

View Profile Email
ImmoralFlame phones it in,
 « on: December 07, 2007, 05:58:50 PM »
I downloaded the game a couple days ago and have been unable to make a character. I get to the character screen, set it up, and no name I put it can be accepted. The "Ok" box stays greyed out. I used the link in the play guide to get Japanese characters (Boxes on my screen >_<) and pasted them in, didn't work. Used lowercase letters, didn't work. Can someone help? Do I NEED Japanese installed on my comp for it to work? I installed East Asian Languages, but they didn't actually install...

ImmoralFlame has 5 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 06:13:15 PM »
The only problem you might be having that I know of, is you need to make sure there are no half-width characters in your name. These are skinnier than the normal full-width characters.

If you need help telling the difference feel free to ask. Or an easier tact, my be to just post what you want your name to be, and I will post back a full width version -- of course if some player's character is already using the name, you will have to come up with something different.

editted: By the way. While you are creating your character, can you confirm if there is new starting equipment. I think there are new green varieties of previous equipment -- or so I inferred from an advert on the website. If so, I will buy some off of your new character for a generous price. Well the only item I think I'm sure about is a new green Fleece top. I will buy one of those at least for a few thousand makka. There was already some green shoes, and drab pants.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:17:11 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
ImmoralFlame

View Profile Email
 « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 08:27:12 PM »
I was going to use the name immoralflame...I'm guessing i and l are half length?

No, there wasn't any green equipment, if I recall. I'll check again though later.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 10:57:14 PM »
You would want immoralflame then. You should be able to copy that into the game.

ImmoralFlame

View Profile Email
 « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 11:28:46 PM »
Okay, now I'm getting it to where It shows Japanese some places, but not others. Clickable things show right, others dont. I got this by manually installing fonts, I got MS Arial Unicode MS, MS Gothic, and Ms Mincho. What other fonts am I missing?

(Screenshot of char screen)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:22:31 AM by ImmoralFlame »

LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 12:31:39 AM »
Quote from: ImmoralFlame;6074
Still not working, is it 100% vital to have japanese languages installed on my comp?

Yes, your character name must be in full-width alphanumeric or Japanese.

LostPerson has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
ImmoralFlame

View Profile Email
 « Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 12:03:50 PM »
Quote from: LostPerson;6078
Yes, your character name must be in full-width alphanumeric or Japanese.

I copy pasted the FWA and it didn't work. I also copied Japanese characters and it didn't work.

The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
The13thChyld phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 01:54:06 AM »
Quote from: ImmoralFlame
Do I NEED Japanese installed on my comp for it to work? I installed East Asian Languages, but they didn't actually install...

Well, that is a problem. I don't know whether it is an absolute requirement for Imagine to function at all, but it is certainly a requirement for you to be able to -play- Imagine properly. Even if you have no intention of mentally processing any of the text at all for the most part, playing in gibberish would cripple your use of any (player made) guides, advice, wiki, etc. etc.

I installed East Asian Languages, but they didn't actually install...

What do you mean by that exactly...? Can you be more specific? What is your OS? XP, Vista...???

I copy pasted the FWA and it didn't work. I also copied Japanese characters and it didn't work.

It is possible that your name is taken by another player? Copy/pasting isn't something you should rely on. You should install the Microsoft IME (input method editor) or some equivalent.

Life is like an illusion, like a dream waiting to be awakened.

The13thChyld has 41 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
ImmoralFlame

View Profile Email
 « Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 10:09:51 PM »
Quote from: The13thChyld;6279
Well, that is a problem. I don't know whether it is an absolute requirement for Imagine to function at all, but it is certainly a requirement for you to be able to -play- Imagine properly. Even if you have no intention of mentally processing any of the text at all for the most part, playing in gibberish would cripple your use of any (player made) guides, advice, wiki, etc. etc.

What do you mean by that exactly...? Can you be more specific? What is your OS? XP, Vista...???

It is possible that your name is taken by another player? Copy/pasting isn't something you should rely on. You should install the Microsoft IME (input method editor) or some equivalent.

I'm using Tiny XP, a streamlined XP, and I tried to install East Asian Languages, and it said it worked, but my computer still didn't display them, so I manually installed japanese packs via .ttf files, such as "Arial Unicode MS". If you look at the screenshot I posted, some Japanese text displays, while others don't.

The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
The13thChyld phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 11:24:05 PM »
Quote from: ImmoralFlame;6301
I'm using Tiny XP, a streamlined XP, and I tried to install East Asian Languages, and it said it worked, but my computer still didn't display them, so I manually installed japanese packs via .ttf files, such as "Arial Unicode MS". If you look at the screenshot I posted, some Japanese text displays, while others don't.

Try setting the default language for non-unicode programs to Japanese.

Life is like an illusion, like a dream waiting to be awakened.

The13thChyld has 41 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 06:38:40 AM »
Well if using something called "Tiny XP", chances are all sorts of issues could arise!

There is no Microsoft product called TinyXP, so all non-essential features (Asian services/IME) are likely hacked out.

Why not call the thread Imagine and TinyXP, and let us know when you figure it out?

LucOhmsford

View Profile Email
LucOhmsford phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 02:27:44 AM »
Umm... im having the same problem I guess... running Office O7 on win XP... but it wont let me install jap lang pack so if someone could put both 藤原京四郎 and Daimonian in correct format I would really appreiciate it... or if someone is willing to make my character for me I would give them the character specifications and account information through AIM
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:41:18 PM by LucOhmsford »

LucOhmsford has 0 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: