DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:18:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3: The Night Before (Read 19257 times)
Lithium Orange
Diarama. :3

View Profile Email
Lithium Orange phones it in,
 « on: December 05, 2007, 01:07:36 AM »
On Atlus Net's website there's a game for Persona 3 called "The Night Before" (at the moment, the link is right underneath the SMT: Arcanum link, with the P3 logo on it).  I thought I'd go through and translate some of it, since it looks kind of neat. :3

First, the login screen:
A green screen like this will pop up - click the first blue button, like so:

The next page is an agreement, so yes, you've read and accepted the rules, okay... click confirm, like so:

Then, in the next page, in the two long boxes, type your e-mail twice.  I used my school e-mail, so your mileage may vary on which e-mails work and which ones don't.  Your e-mail and password should be sent to you, so once you get that, you log back in to the title screen...

And click the "Start Game" button.

Second, your name:
Once you log in, you'll see a box in the middle of the screen to type your character's name.  If you do it right, an ugly guy named Igor will pop up on screen! :D  When it first happened to me, I actually was surprised.  If it didn't work, it will present the box to you once more.

I'm really unsure what kind of name works - what it says is that it must be single byte characters in 3~8 characters in length, so I picked "Kaoru," and it let me through. :)

Third, the questions:
These may be different depending on your name.  They're all yes or no questions, and the Yes and No are written in English.  I'm unsure, but mine were...

1. If you were to keep either dogs or cats, you would choose a dog.
2. You are the type of person who speaks their opinions unabashedly.
3. When you're playing a game, using techniques is quite troublesome to you.
4. Doing one thing continuously is bothersome to you.

Fourth!  Getting Kicked off the Game (which just happened to me)
If you spend too much time with said questions, or your internet connection goes down, the game can boot you off.  When you click "Play Game" (the second blue button down), a white screen will show up and say, "you have logged in too many times.  Please delete your character and re-register."

Example:

More translations to be coming soon, if I'm not permanently kicked off the Persona 3 game... :<

Lithium Orange has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lithium Orange

View Profile Email
 « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 01:27:04 AM »
All right, I'm back in.  So, after those 4 questions that I answered...

Congrats!  I'm an Inugami!  They'll ask you to pick a side, either the S.E.E.S. or the Shadow side - honestly, since I've never played Persona 3 before, I decided on the Shadow...

The rest is, thankfully, quite self-explanatory, because the buttons have English on them. :D  You can quest, shop, make war with the other side, or Quit.

The grey boxes are actions you can't use yet, and right now, I'm just questing to see what's out there.  By the way - if you return to the main spot (where the last screenshot is) you'll recover all your health. :D  FYI.

Also, if you keep going 'down' you'll see a bunch of boxes with numbers on them.  This is the elevator, but it will only work with floors that you have already gone to, so pay attention to the number at the top of the screen!

The top number marked there is the floor number.  Those things on the bottom left-hand side of the screen are weapons, armour, and accessories, respectively.  Right now, I'm wearing an "Illusion Cape".

Your stats are Power, Magic, Stamina, and Luck, so when you level up you can raise those accordingly.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 01:38:20 AM by Lithium Orange »

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 02:07:03 AM »
Cool, big thanks for this. I'd like to post a bit about this on the news page, if you wouldn't mind?

I know when P3 originally came out there was a game extremely similar to this on their site. In fact, I signed up for it. I'm unsure as to whether or not this is the same came or yet another one, though. Do you know for sure?

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lithium Orange

View Profile Email
 « Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 02:52:01 AM »
No, I really don't know.  :\   Unfortunately the only games I've played with a passion are Nocturne, DDS, and Raidou Kuzunoha.  I just found this today, and I decided, heck, I should put my Japanese major to work and try to translate it, so... :)

LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 05:43:12 AM »
Yeah, I found this two months ago from randomly looking around the AtlusNet site. It's a pretty simple game, you're limited to 30 or so actions a day however. I managed to get to level 23 or so in a few days, but most players seem to be level 200+.

LostPerson has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 08:39:12 AM »
Thanks Lithium Orange for the screenshots and the translation, I wanted to play this game but I don´t have another e-mail to sign in. However, thanks!! :)

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 09:50:46 AM »
OK, cool, thanks to both of you for the information. Even if it's older, it's definitely worth posting about, I think. I know a lot of people aren't aware of it and they might find it fun to mess around with.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 12:33:41 PM »
I would have to agree,that is the very same game they made around the time of P3.

As you've noticed from the screen shots provided,it is a text-based game,going through Tartarus to level up,and visiting those shops in the mall.I liked the beginning part where they ask you questions,and they would give you a persona based on your personality.I got the Angel one,and I liked that.I remember taking a screen shot of her,I just can't remember where I put it since it's been a while...oh well.Overall,it's a fun game,if you just don't have anything else to play,and I think you get ranked on the P3 japanese site,for being the top player.

Think you can also go against other players as well,which is why the ranking is there,but I never tried it myself.

While looking through my e-mail accounts,I found the registration e-mail after you sign up for that..it seems,as Lithium stated,that you can't use regular e-mail addresses.For me,I used an e-mail address from my web host domain.

Example: "enid@yourdomain.com"

Thought this might be helpful for those still interested in registering and giving it a try.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:42:28 PM by Enid »

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Lithium Orange

View Profile Email
 « Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 05:05:10 PM »
Yeah, the turns are on a "minute" system, and 2 minutes will pass every time you do an action like climbing up or down, or checking things.  Your minutes re-set every day.

But Lost is right - you get to see a battle when you log on, and most of their HP is about 290,000 or higher.

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 09:04:46 PM »
Quote from: Lithium Orange;6010

But Lost is right - you get to see a battle when you log on, and most of their HP is about 290,000 or higher.

I think that's the reason I stopped playing; i cant bother clicking through all that x.x It was kind of a fun game to pass time though

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 09:11:59 PM »
So, you play versus other players? Ow, i mean at least they could consider levels...

minotaurus has 43 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kandori
Lost Soul

View Profile
Kandori phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »
hmm...

According to what I understood from this , it seems that "Persona 3 FES:The Night Before", is going to move from a simple mini game on Atlus's website to a full independent on-line game.

On 25/02/08 no less.

Anyway, this is what I understood from google translator, maybe someone who has a better understanding of Japanese could confirm or deny this.

Kandori has 19 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Persona TwiOrpheus
persona user

View Profile Email
Persona TwiOrpheus phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »
do u have the link...i cant find it???

Persona TwiOrpheus has 3 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
moncikoma

View Profile Email
moncikoma phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 01:56:35 AM »
https://p00.atlusnet.jp/
its called persona AIN SOPH

moncikoma has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: