DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:47:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Screenshots! (Read 16287 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: December 03, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »
Here is a screenshot I snapped last night. Regrettably, it really isn't so easy to equip a stylish character in Imagine. So many of the equip looks like FisherPrice meets the PowerRanger monster maker crew. Too compound matters, the equipment is rarely ever accessorizable, favoring releases of complete outfits which don't mesh with other equip for the most part. Add CP to the mix, and it takes a certain level of creativity to make Imagine look good in the equip department. Other than that the game is really fabulous.

In any case, please share any character screenshots, or anything else that is cool/new!

Half of my inventory tends to be comprised of an entire wardrobe of equip at anytime. But lately I've been partial to this look, though normally I do not equip heavy armor outside of dungeons or weapons in towns.

[a screenshot is supposed to be here incase my lame internet provider's hosting service is not playing]

I also make a habit of matching my equip and nakama! I suppose Imagine is a sandbox, you have to make it work for you to get the most from it.

I like Onmoraki, but I can't really fuse one with interesting skills until lv40. Because the only way to fuse one, is to down fuse a Seirei with the next up Kyouchou, which is ~lv40. He is more like a mascot at the moment. He is unique to Imagine I think. So he is really Imagine's mascot perhaps.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:36:14 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:19:39 PM »
Here are two of the new devils they added last week:

Okuninushi

Tanki

The other two are Sati and Catoblepas. You can find wild Tanki and Catoblepas in Suginami Gold.

LostPerson has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:31:37 PM »
I've noticed both of them. A new Megami is another, but I haven't noticed the fourth. I would be interested to know, though I haven't really checked around for any news on the net.

editted: Oh, I noticed you posted the other's names. Do you know the race of the fourth?

LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 05:37:32 AM »
Catoblepas is in the Youjou/Wilder race along with Garm and Fenrir.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 02:47:34 PM »
Speaking of which, just to get it off my chest! It always bugs me the demon nametags do not include the race. It makes looking them up an unnecessary challenge, without even a minimal "analyze" functionality for hostiles.

Plus I've always thought of the race as part of the demons formal name.

I would know them all by name if not looks, however its been so long since I enjoyed a Megaten game I've forgotten a lot of them.

editted: Can someone recommend a free image hosting service with ftp? I honestly don't know why my service provider even provides hosting service, if it can't handle public referencing on an obscure bbs!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 02:51:52 PM by yksehtniycul »

LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 05:41:56 PM »
You can right click a player's devil and pick the "Analyze" function to view it's stats and skills. I believe it also displays the race they belong to.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 01:05:50 AM »
Quote from: LostPerson;6012
You can right click a player's devil and pick the "Analyze" function to view it's stats and skills. I believe it also displays the race they belong to.

Yes, but the same cannot be done for hostile demons. Some limited ammount of information for reference would be nice, as in every other Megaten game I've ever played.

LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 01:09:35 AM »
http://imagine.gkwiki.com/index.html

The Japanese wiki has them sorted by alignment and race.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 01:12:21 AM by LostPerson »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 01:33:15 AM »
Yes, but what good is it, if you know neither?

Demi-heat
Sony Is God

View Profile Email
Digital_Devil_Saga@hotmail.com
Demi-heat phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 12:16:21 AM »
T.T
i really want to play this game

[SIGPIC]Persona User[/SIGPIC]

Demi-heat has 83 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;6026
Yes, but what good is it, if you know neither?

For race translations:
Megaten Wiki

Easiest way is to just copy the kanji and do a search on the IMAGINE wiki. If you use Firefox, another way would be to use the Rikaichan plugin and highlight the race names and read the hiragana reading.

The races in IMAGINE are the exact same ones from previous games, so most of the devils are already categorized on the Megaten Wiki which should make things easier.

LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 12:15:33 PM »
Sorry for the double post, here are the two other devils that were added last week:

Catoblepas

Sati

And for those of you logged in at least once for a total of ten days from 11/22 until 12/6, you'll receive a ticket Monday that you can trade in for an immature version of one of five new devils or a Unicorn.

The five new devils are:

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 03:55:23 PM »
Quote from: LostPerson;6046
For race translations:
Megaten Wiki

Easiest way is to just copy the kanji and do a search on the IMAGINE wiki. If you use Firefox, another way would be to use the Rikaichan plugin and highlight the race names and read the hiragana reading.

The races in IMAGINE are the exact same ones from previous games, so most of the devils are already categorized on the Megaten Wiki which should make things easier.

I know the races, I just don't always know what race a demon I see belongs to, and since the race is unobtainable it makes looking them up like trying to find a word in an unalphabetized dictionary.

Of course, in reality I guess I tend to use the Wiki's area pages to triangulate demons, but when having to find a demon at random -- for instance say you have a Memory item and you don't know what demon it belongs to -- I suppose the easiest way is  to go to the Wiki's level page and key the demon's name into a search dialog.

Of course in this case, you are posting demon names in non-romanji ascii which may or may not correspond at all to the game's articulation, so I had no convenient way to find the demons.

PS: Perhaps the Memory example was poor as you can go to the memory page, otherwise it is still a suitable scenario.

editted: Are not some other new demons in higher up races being added / were added the other day? Uriel and another black skinned humanoid demon have been featured on the website with 12/3  new demon update beside their images, and the Wiki has added various races ie, Daitenshi, Maoh, Majin, with mystery templates setup for a single demon. Perhaps these are bosses only for now, like Heket I believe.

Parvarti looks like she should be popular -- stats withstanding. I wish I could fit her into my outfit, but alas, I suspect not :(

« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 04:15:42 PM by yksehtniycul »

LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 07:04:44 PM »
Uriel and Surt are reserved for the large game update we'll be recieving on 12/20. Uriel obviously belongs to Daitenshi (with Gabriel, Michael, and Raphael), Surt belongs to Maoh (with Abbadon I believe), and I can't remember who's listed as Majin, most likely Loki.

The 12/3 UP! notice was just the details about the ability to fuse three devils. Included is a video and a few of the new devils we'll be getting on 12/20. The other parts of the site will be unveiled on 12/10 and 12/17 with new information about the huge 12/20 update.

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »
Since I got to play a little last night,I wanted to see the christmas Jack Frost:

http://devil-heart.net/redemp/red_frost1.jpg

Also liked how they decorated the trees:

http://devil-heart.net/redemp/tree1.jpg

Did they add any decorations in Shinjuku?

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: