DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:25:57 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CP from a USA perspective (Read 14085 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: November 27, 2007, 05:04:35 PM »
I noticed a bunch of CP items I wouldn't mind having are half price lately. I'm not sure how long the sell will last. I could've found out if I payed more attention to hte frontpage adverts, but I didn't think there would be any need to. Because I figured it was time to pony up, and pass some financial support onto Imagine.

So I went to sink some money into CP, and first found out, the Japanese apparently don't want to honor US credit cards directly. I could figure out if there is some authorization process which would permit the transaction to take place, but I don't know if I'm all that gungho really in the first place. That discovered, I figure the internet banking option is out for the same reason.

So the remaining options other than WebMoney are all Japanese native only afaik. So onto WebMoney, to find out, apparently WebMoney does everything but take money from your credit card! There was no way to put money in it, other than a wire, which is expensive, or best I could figure using third party paypal to webmoney services, which all demand absurd commisions in the 15% ballpark.

So I dunno. If anyone out there has figured this out. I think there is a CP gift option via the website. I would be happy to exchange paypal with other players for CP at the moment. I'll pay a fair commission in makka :)

editted: At least now, I don't feel so guilty about playing for free. I guess you can say, every player brings something to the game in any case :}

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 05:09:47 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 05:10:21 PM »
I was just wondering... Does is really do that good to spend money on CP? For bad luck to me, I don´t have large quantities of money, but I don´t know if is really worth it. Of course you can buy the CP items if other players sell them, but they are too expensive, and another question, where I can gather big quantities of macca? Or do I began doing the dungeons and sell the items that I gather?

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »
You can purchase CP with an American credit card.

LostPerson has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 05:36:07 PM »
Quote from: LostPerson;5786
You can purchase CP with an American credit card.

I surely thought so. Perhaps I should try again. But I've heard stories of international cards not being accepted in Japan. I tried an Mastercard just for the record.

editted: I get an error message. Says I should contact the card's company.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 05:42:20 PM by yksehtniycul »

LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 05:40:30 PM »
You shouldn't have any trouble, I used a VISA card and received my CP within minutes of my purchase going through.

LostPerson has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:10:36 PM »
Quote from: LostPerson;5790
You shouldn't have any trouble, I used a VISA card and received my CP within minutes of my purchase going through.

I intend to look into it tomorrow during banking hours. Cards can be finicky. If successful, there is still a fair chance I'll miss the end the sell which is in less than two days Japanese time. It is a platinum card, the likelyhood is it tends to reject any unusual purchases without intervention now and then. Unfortunately the automated internet transaction dialog has no way to cope.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 01:46:56 PM »
Well, I tried three different credit cards. They all failed to process in the same fashion. One Mastercard and two Visas. Apparently obtaining CP is more difficult than it seems for cardholders in the USA.

editted: I was hoping to purchase the purple suit and Longinus spear and the +5 lucky tanto in Shinjuku for half price. If anyone wants to snatch them up for me, I'll reimburse you in advance via Paypal, and be your best friend forever. Sell ends in less than 20hrs.

PS: I could be a useful person to be in good with, toot toot!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:18:10 PM by yksehtniycul »

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 01:53:25 PM »
I'm slightly surprised they don't have a Paypal option of any sort.

Like you mentioned, it might just be denying weird purchases. Buying something on a really obscure Japanese site like this isn't terribly common. Maybe if you called the credit card company they might be able to OK it?

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 02:07:11 PM »
I'm retisent to think so. I wanted to donate more than anything. Having CP was secondary, though I wouldn't mind being able to create another char on the same account. But in the end Cave just made it too difficult, so I'm finished putting myself out until something changes. There is no reason why the other two cards I tried should've been denied the same way. They were not platinum cards, they should go through for anything. Plus I was able to go through an elaborate verification process for the Visa cards, so there was no reason for them to be denied by the creditor.

I wasn't able to get ahold of the platinum card holder today, and the support wanted voice verification. Also the balance report had no record of denied charges. The Visa cards did appear to pass verification, but were ultimately denied in a way that looked more towards the vendor end. Perhaps CP has been denied to non-Japanese card holders more recently. It is not uncommon for Japanese financial services to exclude foreigners. If business from foreigners was desired, very likely Paypal would be an option. Webmoney is virtually impossible/unlucratice to utilize outside of Asia it appears. It is a service offered by Russians.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:16:54 PM by yksehtniycul »

Ali
The Protagonist

View Profile Email
Ali phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 12:52:30 AM »
CAVE had disabled CP purchase from foriegn CC's last week, however after this weeks update they had restored the system back that foreign cards can now be accepted to purchase CP.

should work without much issue now.

Ali has 15 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 01:14:12 PM »
Thanks for the info. Too bad I missed out on that half off sell. I doubt they'll ever have a half off lineup that good again :/

Kyouji

View Profile Email
Kyouji phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 04:07:22 PM »
So yksehtniycul, were you able to purchase your CP in the end?  I've been trying to get some CP with a Canadian VISA card with no luck so far.  Got to the "Verified by VISA" screen, but right after that, it gave me the same old error.  It's like CAVE doesn't want my money.

Kyouji has 1 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 07:10:23 PM »
I haven't tried. I'm still bummed about missing the sale I guess. It would probably be a good idea to have some CP in stock, in case something comes up and the buying mechanism is locked out again. But I just haven't felt like checking into it after my initial effort.

It sounds like you are experiencing the same pattern I was however. So in the meantime, I hope anyone who does successfully nab some CP with a CC will post about their experience.

Sadly, your experience just leaves me even less encouraged to bother with it at the moment :/

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 07:13:29 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 08:09:29 AM »
CP still appears unavailable to US cardholders. Has anyone been able to purchase CP with a Non-Japanese card over the last month or two?

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: