DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:32:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STICKY: Playdates and trading in here! (Read 32392 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: October 27, 2007, 04:24:45 AM »
I figure a sticky thread for situational needs is in order. This way the thread can eventually be deleted and reincarnated once it is too big and by its nature outdated.

Of course this is a suggestion. The administration should probably create their own and subsequently delete this thread!

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:56:44 PM »
Anybody Japanese literate or learning playing? Or maybe thinking about giving it a try?

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 10:32:42 AM »
Or you can just post if you are playing Imagine.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 11:27:47 AM »
The only way, we´re having this forum´s section "active", is if you began to pass the voice on the other Megaten forums, or even on IMAGINE.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Raskol

View Profile Email
Raskykipz
Raskol phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
Oh hi.  I'm new to the boards and pretty much the SMT universe.  I've played the first one for SNES (haven't gotten around to two yet).  I don't know any Japanese (I'm hoping to teach myself some so I can enjoy the game more.  I only know English; some Spanish, French, and German).  My friend on the other hand knows basic Japanese so he tries his best to help when we play.

Him and I started a couple days ago and we're looking for some English speaking players (and English speaking guild/clan/klan) to play with since we barely know what the hell is going on (he's only played the SNES one too).

My in game name is 闇の印 (Yami no Shirushi.  It means Mark of Darkness or something like that).

I don't know what his in game name is, I'll tell him to join the boards so he can post it.

We usually play around 10:30 PM-11:00 PM Central/11:30-12:00 Eastern.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 03:29:16 PM by Raskol »

Raskol has 1 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »
Hi there! Welcome!! If you`re looking for an "English" Klan, there is one called "Globe" there a lot of english speakers gather, they usually play in channel 8. Why don`t you look for the klan and join!

If you don`t know where do you need to go, for joining a klan, just go to the girl on the Terminal, is the place where is a large green/black tube.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 10:12:39 AM »
Are there any ingame benefits to clan affiliation other than clan chat and solidarity name tags?

I'm considering helping to organize a much more exclusive English as a first language clan somewhere down the road, if we can rangle enough founding members. It will be fairly strict however in one way or another as long as I'm involved.

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 06:02:27 PM »
I've actually been considering redownloading this and giving it a shot again. I've gotten a new computer since the last time I tried it, so I figured why not. I'll try going in channel 8 and let you guys know what my name is when that's all set.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 06:08:57 PM »
I might give it a try later on...atleast when this college semester is finished.I haven't played since May...and my laptop can somewhat handle Imagine.

During the time I played,I only soloed...and I don't mind it,I do it in other MMOs,the english ones the most....but it would be nice to party with others,and be more familiar with the game....since it's all in japanese.

Still would be nice if they translated it....which brings me to ask,has anyone heard of any group translators or private servers maybe,who have attempted to translate Imagine?

I mean...I've seen translating groups translate RO1 in the past,thought maybe it would work for Imagine as well..but then again,I guess it depends if there is enough people interested,and if they are willing to help in translating.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 06:13:24 PM by Enid »

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 07:25:13 AM »
The game doesn't seem solo-able to me, unless you sacrifice a lot to make your char specialized to the task.

Still would be nice if they translated it....which brings me to ask,has anyone heard of any group translators or private servers maybe,who have attempted to translate Imagine?

The Globe clan has an impressive Wiki in English, which was coming along swimmingly until their people decided to be stingy and not share. I asked for a password, but was denied access. The Japanese wiki is quite nice. I have no problems using it being semi-fluent, but the Globe's wiki had much cleaner and larger resolution graphics, and was better organized and cross referenced in the usual wiki mold.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 07:27:30 AM by yksehtniycul »

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 11:58:41 AM »
Well, I'm wondering... this game seems like the best single thing to perhaps start out our own Wiki about. While I don't know that it's necessary for the main games like Persona 3, for example (particularly since the main site would be doubling up all the content), it does make sense for IMAGINE specifically. It's far more malleable than a normal game, obviously, since it's constantly being updated... It'd be hard to really keep the main site on top of its various setups; Wikis fit that a lot better. It just suits the game type more.

It depends on how seriously people here play the game, I suppose. We could do it from scratch or perhaps we can even see about working with the Japanese Wiki people and offering an English version of that (even for me, between playing it and reading a terrible Google translation I can figure out how to phrase things properly). They might be more friendly about it. Getting our own screens isn't much of an issue and I'm more than willing to host larger images... Part of the revamp of the main site is increasing the thumbnail size significantly as it is lol.

I'm sure we can get somewhere with it. After all, I did that whole setup guide seemingly before anyone else had really written an English anything about the title. And I don't know Japanese whatsoever.

If anyone is interested in it let me know. If not, that's obviously fine. This does seem like one case where making an alternate Wiki seems worthwhile since they are locking their information down.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 12:02:18 PM »
Quote from: Tony;5780
Well, I'm wondering... this game seems like the best single thing to perhaps start out our own Wiki about. While I don't know that it's necessary for the main games like Persona 3, for example (particularly since the main site would eventually be doubling up all the content), it does make sense for IMAGINE specifically. It's far more malleable than a normal game, obviously, since it's constantly being updated... It'd be hard to really keep the main site on top of its various setups; Wikis fit that a lot better. It just suits the game type more.

That´s a good idea. I think we need someone who really play this game a lot, and he / she can help us in here, about all the updates and all that.

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 12:34:44 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;5772
The game doesn't seem solo-able to me, unless you sacrifice a lot to make your char specialized to the task.

The Globe clan has an impressive Wiki in English, which was coming along swimmingly until their people decided to be stingy and not share. I asked for a password, but was denied access. The Japanese wiki is quite nice. I have no problems using it being semi-fluent, but the Globe's wiki had much cleaner and larger resolution graphics, and was better organized and cross referenced in the usual wiki mold.

Actually,from how I went through it...I managed just fine,Except for those bosses in the game.Yeah,even I know bosses are not meant for soloing...unless it's from my experience,where a private server like,RO,is numbed down to where you can solo it..but that's a differnet story.

Yeah,I really like the Japanese wiki,I remember using it to find where the other demons were and what items they drop.That really is a sad shame that Globe is being uptight about it...don't suppose you have a link to that place? Oh and the link for the japanese wiki too..I haven't used it in months,I can't remember the address at the moment.

I'm all up for the wiki of our own as well,if we only have enough support on it.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 05:19:24 PM »
The difficulty ramps up after the Bronze Suginami dungeon. The gameplay is fairly unforgiving for that matter. Being outnumbered is almost a certain death sentence. And retreat is rarely an option, and even when so a gamble. For some odd reason the speed attribute is very underutilized by the stat factoring system. It must do something for the demons, but the only clear benefit to having speed seems to be gun technique at this point. For players the reaction and cooldown time of skills is largely dependent upon skill leveling. And speed won't make you high tail it any quicker, any other effect of speed is again, nebulous at best. Demons seem to have their own hidden skill level system.

As for a wiki, it really seems a shame as ever to have a Megaten community divided over multiple wiki. But I would try to help foster an Imagine wiki where I can. I consider myself a casual player, but all said I play a good bit. About an hour a day on average, which to me is a lot for now, but nowhere near the spectacle of people living day in and out in an MMORPG universe :)

I didn't think I would ever play an MMORPG actually, especially being around people that do. But I haven't liked a Megaten game from Atlus in a long time. Incidentally this one is technically a Cave offering I suppose. But I reckon, if I'm ever to get a taste of the MMORPG experience, this one is the only boat for me in this lifetime.

editted: I don't think its a good idea to setup a conglomerate klan like the Globe. It is better for everyone to discuss the game publically in forums. Plus everyone should be free to arrange for their own klans amonst their close friends. Nevertheless, if anyone wants to party or tag along in a dungeon above or at their level, I don't mind helping people get into the game and get their char up and running now and then. It would probably be a good idea to pick times for socials at some spot in the game, so players can meet up and friend up, so players can at least see who is online whenever. A major update is coming btw before Christmas. Updates come every week for that matter. The game is really coming into its own. Other than the massive prevalence of oversized weapons and hokey outfits I have no real complaints.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 05:32:04 PM by yksehtniycul »

LostPerson

View Profile Email
LostPerson phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 05:31:59 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;5785
For some odd reason the speed attribute is very underutilized by the stat factoring system. It must do something for the demons, but the only clear benefit to having speed seems to be gun technique at this point. For players the reaction and cooldown time of skills is largely dependent upon skill leveling. And speed won't make you high tail it any quicker, any other effect of speed is again, nebulous at best. Demons seem to have their own hidden skill level system.

The speed stat only affects gun damage. If you wish to run faster, you'll need to gather the bell-shaped items from the boss rewards of various dungeons (Ichigaya is one of them). CAVE also sells CP items that boost the player/party's speed.

Increase the speed of you and your devil by 1.5x for 60 minutes. 10CP for 5

Increase the speed of your entire party by 1.5x for 60 minutes. 20CP for 5

These are the 30 minute variations. Prices are 10CP for 10 and 20CP for 10, respectively.

LostPerson has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: