DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:19:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Copies of Persona 2 Released (Read 21115 times)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « on: October 03, 2005, 12:24:23 PM »
I saw this in a few places but haven't gotten around to posting it yet. Gamequestdirect.com has wound up with new, sealed copies of Persona 2 and Rhapsody. Rhapsody quickly sold out, but Persona 2 is still available.

Atlus doesn't seem to be very forthcoming with information on how all of this happened. Some people seem to think it was a reprinting, some seem to think an old box of the games was found... who really knows.

If you're interested, here's the link: http://www.gamequestdirect.com/730865520190.html

It's $50 and the place is reputable. I know a few who have dealt with them before.

This also means that prices for the title have dropped rather substantially on eBay if you want to try that route out. I've also seen some new copies on there for as little as $30.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 02:00:27 PM »
I'd like to replace my old Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, as the disc isn't in that good a condition and the manual is all chewed up (that way when I bought it). But, I can't afford $50. I checked that site out, and they're pretty bad when it comes to prices. $40 for a Xena game?

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 04:53:30 PM »
Quote from: Heat
I'd like to replace my old Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, as the disc isn't in that good a condition and the manual is all chewed up (that way when I bought it). But, I can't afford $50. I checked that site out, and they're pretty bad when it comes to prices. $40 for a Xena game?

Yeah, don't ask me about some of it... They have a lot of games listed as normally priced at $60 and their great special price being $50. The games are $50 everywhere lol.

Either way, there's not an alternative to this right now aside from eBay and such. Gamestop, I believe, has used copies instock for $30 if someone wants to take that route.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 04:57:05 PM »
Quote from: Tony
Yeah, don't ask me about some of it... They have a lot of games listed as normally priced at $60 and their great special price being $50. The games are $50 everywhere lol.

Either way, there's not an alternative to this right now aside from eBay and such. Gamestop, I believe, has used copies instock for $30 if someone wants to take that route.

Eh, if I had some money, I'd totally buy Persona 2: EP from them, but I'm sure by the time I do get any, they'll be all sold out. Sucks for me, though. Oh well.

Sith Lord Illidan
Vicious Ranch Tooth

View Profile Email
hanumachine_R@yahoo.com
Sith Lord Illidan phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 01:49:46 PM »
Even Ebay has reasonable starting prices when it comes to bid Persona 2, but I expect those prices to increase in the future.

Sith Lord Illidan has 18 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 09:58:21 PM »
Quote from: Tony
Rhapsody quickly sold out, but Persona 2 is still available.

Persona 2 I have but I always wanted Rhapsody. I guess the game must have been pretty good if it sold out so quick. Even on eBay it's a bit pricy.

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 10:13:23 PM »
Quote from: Argilla
Persona 2 I have but I always wanted Rhapsody. I guess the game must have been pretty good if it sold out so quick. Even on eBay it's a bit pricy.
It usually has to do with rarity, not with how good it is. Rhapsody probably had an extremely limited pressing, and thus, is quite rare. I've played a bit of it, and I found it to be just "average". :\ I bet a lot of people bought Rhapsody and Persona 2 from that site just so they could auction it off... V_V; It's what I would do.

Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 05:50:01 PM »
Ah, this would explain the kajillion copies of Persona 2 that have been blocking up my ebay screen - some cheeky bastards are selling it has high as $100 though! Hopefully, this will increase my chances of getting it at a good price.

It's all very well re-releasing it on NTSC, Atlus, but what about us!? The poor little PAL gamers who never get anything! C'mon, we love you! Look at the reviews Lucifer's Call got, dammit!

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 11:49:54 PM »
Atlus doesn't publish in Europe.  Ghostlight published SMT Nocturne/Lucifer's Call in Europe.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 09:48:05 AM »
Also, it would seem that that game store is directly responsible for the reprint... not so much Atlus USA itself. Beyond that, reworking a PlayStation game to work properly in PAL territories is apparently not remotely easy.

I suppose the best thing to do would be get the game and run it on a PC emulator (which works remarkably well with Persona 2 on a decent computer).

Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
 « Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 11:53:51 AM »
I'm not to worried about the game not being released in Europe - I can get it on import, and my PS2's chipped, so it's all good - it just grates sometimes. The next SMT game will undoubtedly be released on PAL (Lu's Call and DDS1 are doing quite well, I hear) so I'll wait for that. In Square's absense with the Final Fantasy series, loads of other underground RPGs - Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, MegaTen - have almost taken over. FF12 is going to have to be pretty damn spectacular if Square want to keep their RPG crown.

If it's the shop responsible for the re-print, I guess I can't be mad at Atlus for that.

Mowf
A.K.A. The Living Radio

View Profile Email
mistamowf@hotmail.com
Mowf phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 06:31:51 AM »
OFFTOPIC: I have read that FFXII will actually be released earlier in Europe, then in NA. True?

If the shoe fits tie your laces and don't trip.

Mowf has 21 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
 « Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 11:34:02 AM »
Prolly not. I thought they wanted to release it on PAL/NTSC-US at the same time.

Code Age Commanders is the one that (I think) is only going to be released in Japan and Europe. I read that on eurogamers.

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 07:55:04 PM »
Quote from: Lycanthroat
Code Age Commanders is the one that (I think) is only going to be released in Japan and Europe. I read that on eurogamers.

Are you serious? *loved CAC* I'm glad it's getting a localization in Europe since it's a fun game(imo) but ah, I can't say much for the NA shore. S-E USA said they didn't want it...^^;

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
 « Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »
I'm glad CAC is being released on NTSC-US then (there's some real crap rumours on eurogamer every now and again). I'll be able to get it on shiny American import when it comes out :D

Imports are preferable to PAL copies. Often PAL copies are horrid transitions from NTSC to PAL (Atelier Iris, Lucifer's Call) have huge borders (FF10) or just plain aren't released (Why, Namco with Xenogears, why?!...plus every other 1995-1999 Jap RPG to date). 60HZ games look better and play faster.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: