DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:58:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou character info (Read 91177 times)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #45 on: September 09, 2005, 10:28:45 AM »
Haha, I was thinking the same thing, too. They also had a different main page(not for DS:KR) up but it looks like they went back to the old one. Guess they weren't done fixing it.^^;

Kaya seems like a mysterious character. I wonder what secret her family is holding about a certain incident? I like her look, too though it seems typical. She reminds me of Gimmel...o_o;

Raidou and Kaya also remind me of the hero and heroine from "Megami Tensei". Yay for high school teens battling out demons?

I was wondering why Gouto wasn't on there either...maybe the last character will be someone else? Kaya's father? Or maybe an enemy considering we haven't had really much information on them. There was also a man named Gouto/Goto in SMTI: here. But no, they're not the same people considering they're from different series and all. D:

Haha, did anyone notice the screen where Raidou just leaves one of the school girls to the monster?^^; And after looking through the magazine, looks like we'll have 2-D maps again. Not sure whether VAing will be put in or not(my guess is not) but the game is back to 65% so who knows what they'll do.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 10:32:22 AM by Argilla »

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Cho

View Profile Email
Cho phones it in,
 « Reply #46 on: September 09, 2005, 01:24:59 PM »
Incidentally, (NOTE: Purely speculative) [SPOILER]what are thoe things that Raidou has in his hands? They look like Naomi's weaponry, which allow her to use OMGWTFAWESOME MAGIC. Seriously, Demon King's War is AWESOME. Anyway, I imagine that's what Raidou uses those sticks for (maybe?)... so like yeah, there maybe something going on here.[/SPOILER]

Cho has 59 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #47 on: September 09, 2005, 03:08:26 PM »
Quote from: Argilla
There was also a man named Gouto/Goto in SMTI: here. But no, they're not the same people considering they're from different series and all. D:

No, his name is Goto/Gotou. Different name.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #48 on: September 09, 2005, 11:30:31 PM »
Pictures I took from the magazine, ugly quality but oh well:
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=devisumpic014xo.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=devisumpic023ud.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=devisumpic030kv.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=devisumpic044sk.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=devisumpic053el.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=devisumpic061wk.jpg

Kouli also had some information about Kaya and the battle system, too:
"She just kind of go in the Detective Office, and ask them to kill her :P Of course, the other guys took her away... Her father is sick and she is probably the one to inherit all that money. The special thing about the female in this family is, well, rumored to be that, devils can attach to them... Maybe she does got a devil within and those baddies interest in that ability.

As for system, god, you can get devils to gather information! As for elements, I am seeing Silver Ice element and Thunder&Lightnigh element... what the... Anyway, the battles, as like ever, still Raidou and the devils in the party only."

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #49 on: September 10, 2005, 12:27:49 AM »
Pictures I took from the magazine, ugly quality but oh well

They're not ugly quality o_O. Nice job.

That whore-ish looking girl in the second scan -- is she a fortune teller or something? Kind of get that feeling. Reminds me of Lilith.

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #50 on: September 13, 2005, 05:59:46 PM »
Bottom line. Will this ever come to the states? If so when, if not I just lost interest.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #51 on: September 13, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Soulless_Beast
Bottom line. Will this ever come to the states? If so when, if not I just lost interest.

It most likely will, as I've mentioned in another thread. And, what do you mean, "When"? It's not even out in Japan yet.

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
 « Reply #52 on: September 14, 2005, 07:37:25 PM »
axeman Then please excuse my premature statement I did not know.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #53 on: September 15, 2005, 02:54:22 AM »
I guess we'll all find out when it's released when the press goes to TGS tomorrow. D:

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #54 on: September 16, 2005, 05:57:57 AM »
Please excuse my double post but: http://www.atlus.co.jp/megaten-portal/tgs/index.html

Up to eight people can play DS:KR which is better than last year because they only had two or three stands for DDS2 demos. =P *wants to play* I doubt I will...long lines! ;o;

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #55 on: September 16, 2005, 12:46:20 PM »
Please excuse my double post but: http://www.atlus.co.jp/megaten-portal/tgs/index.html

Up to eight people can play DS:KR which is better than last year because they only had two or three stands for DDS2 demos. =P *wants to play* I doubt I will...long lines! ;o;

You're going to Tokyo Game Show this year, as well? Hope you have a good time. Maybe you'll get lucky and the lines won't be too long, so you'll get to play it, heh.

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #56 on: September 17, 2005, 04:56:37 AM »
I'll post some impression about the game laster you guys. It was fun despite the demo is really, really short.:( Still no release date announced either.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #57 on: September 17, 2005, 05:54:27 AM »
I'll post some impression about the game laster you guys. It was fun despite the demo is really, really short.:( Still no release date announced either.
It'll probably be released sometime in February or so, I would guess (or maybe December?). Too bad it was short -- at least it was fun you said, right?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 05:57:30 AM by Heat »

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
 « Reply #58 on: September 17, 2005, 10:02:07 AM »
Now I'm interested. What was the style of play? How did the characters react? What would you say the soundtrack was like if you heard any part of it? Was it good?
Sorry about asking so many questions I was in a hurry so I asked what I could. Thanks.

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #59 on: September 17, 2005, 06:49:22 PM »
I only played the boss gameplay so I'll talk about that. There was another mode, the story one but I didn't play it because so many other people did. Sad thing is, not a lot of people were at the Atlus Japan booth this year. I can't blame though, as this year the booth was really, really small. No stage and everything(*cough*Where were you Kaneko?! Yamai?!*cough*) Seems everyone anticipated DDS2 more than this one last year. Heck, a lot of people were anxious to play DS PSP(which I got bored of due to I had no clue what to do) than DS:KR.^^;

Music? I could *hardly* hear any music from the demo. Why? Because that big flat screen TV hanging up on the ceiling was really loud and well, a lot of people were talking. But the music from the new/longer trailer was good.^^ It's the same music on the short trailer on the official site except you know, longer.

From what else I remember, there's no VAing in this game(*sad*) so anyone who liked Nocturne silent well, there you go. Moving mouths but no actual words coming out. I guess it fits the atmosphere more? I just wonder how they're going to do the FMVs dialog(probably dialog windows or something).

Boss gameplay gives you a fight right away. If I remember, the menu will pop out if you click R1 but I'm not sure. I didn't bother to try out the buttons "square" and "triangle". You can walk around freely on the battle screen(no wait) and attack anytime you want. I used Raidou's gun and sword most of the time(haha, just don't point the gun in the wrong direction like I kept doing. You get limited amount of bullets.) You can summon out one demon at a time and they mostly just healed me or attacked the boss. I didn't bother to look on how you or your demon can cast spells and other stuff though. Uh, the demons you call out in battles can also talk to you. =P But I think they just growl or say random things. Once you killed the boss the demo is over.

As for the other mode, it starts off with Narumi talking and then is shows frames of the scene where Kaya(rich school girl) gets kidnapped by those men in red. Anyway, the sun is shining and you're out in town now. Time to talk to that detective outside the office. Not sure I remember but he gives you hints/info(the hints/info are in yellow) about finding a young girl(or was it girls?). After, Raidou will call out a demon and I'm sure whatever demon you called out cast a fire spell(or maybe it could just be Jack O'Lantern though some did call out Mokoi when that happened) on the detective. This is the part where you're suppose to laugh? Raidou's the only one who can see demons so I guess while he was screaming, he was clueless as to why he was on fire?

So you wander around town and get random battles while you're looking for these two girls(which aren't far). Talk to them and one gets mad. I think this is the part where Gouto suggest to summon out another demon. I remember the old lady(yes, grandmas and grandpas can get their game on, too) called out Mokoi and he'll cast a spell on the girl. She'll then tell you infos and you have to find another girl named Rin(popular name in games these days?). After you talked to her, the demo ends and it'll show two screens featuring shots of the game. Pretty nice. (Yes, Mokoi was the most popular demon to summon out. He walked like he had to go to the bathroom or something.)

Demo was pretty short considering the other ones shown at the game show. More stuff on other TGS sighting I posted over here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: