DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:22:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona PSP (Read 10257 times)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « on: August 23, 2005, 03:22:58 AM »
Has anyone found ANY information on this game? I know Atlus is working on the new Devil Summoner and re-releasing the first DS game on PSP...but I think there should of been information on this already released by now.

Unless sites were confused and the Devil Summoner released on PSP is suppose to be the Persona PSP game. D:

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 03:49:34 AM »
Quote from: Argilla
Has anyone found ANY information on this game? I know Atlus is working on the new Devil Summoner and re-releasing the first DS game on PSP...but I think there should of been information on this already released by now.

Unless sites were confused and the Devil Summoner released on PSP is suppose to be the Persona PSP game. D:

After hearing about the Devil Summoner PSP Remake, I had assumed that the DS Remake is what they were referring to. Though, I hope that's not true, as I'd like to see a Persona 1 remake, possibly, for PSP -- especially if there'll be a chance of us getting it. A decent Persona 1 localization would be awesome.

Though, I haven't really seen anything to prove or disprove anything, so, yeah.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 11:22:52 AM »
Original announcements for Persona PSP were so clear, though. Nothing said "Megaten Game" or anything general. It was always listed as specifically Persona. It seems weird for it to transform into a largely unrelated title.

We've heard nothing about it for so long, however, so I too wondered if that wound up turning into Devil Summoner PSP instead. At the same time, that announcement seemingly came out of nowhere to conincide with the original's 10 Anniversary. Even after that, you think they'd clarify some if it was infact replacing Persona PSP.

So, yeah, obviously none of us know... there's been absolutely no news on it that I've seen anywhere, in any language. Here's hoping we hear about it soon.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 04:00:25 AM »
I remember RPGamer announced 'Persona 3'(which made me laugh) but it was actually 'Shin Megami Tensei 3' so I'm wondering if this is just another assumption from gaming sites.

Philemon
Entity of Light

View Profile Email
Philemon phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 01:35:02 PM »
No, Persona PSP and SMT DS were announced in japan for development so it wasnt some dumb american site who made it up if thats what you were thinking ;)

"I, Philemon, and Nyarlathotep are the source of people's Selves--the personification of the Collective Unconsciousness. I lead those with strong hearts, and the Crawling Chaos seduces the weak to the Underworld."

Philemon has 30 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 02:16:36 PM »
LOL! Philemon, you can be so cruel but funny at times. I don't think RPGamer made up the whole Persona 3 thing though as it was really SMT3. I wasn't sure about Persona PSP as hardly anything has been released about it.

Does anyone know if there's any magazines that state it's announcement?

Philemon
Entity of Light

View Profile Email
Philemon phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 01:51:37 AM »
LOL sorry my bad XD Anyways I'll try to see if I can track down where it says it, but it was an online press release from ATLUS JAPAN of what it had in development one of which being "Persona for PSP (Tentative Title)" (except that was all in kana XD)

"I, Philemon, and Nyarlathotep are the source of people's Selves--the personification of the Collective Unconsciousness. I lead those with strong hearts, and the Crawling Chaos seduces the weak to the Underworld."

Philemon has 30 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 02:52:05 AM »
http://www.atlus.co.jp/megaten-portal/matomete/matomete001.html

Quote from: Megaten Portal
Q: 「ペルソナ」の続編は出ないの?
A: 前向きに検討中であります、軍曹殿! どんな続編だったらプレイしてくれますか?

Quote from: Megaten Portal (Translation)
Q: Isn't Persona supposed to have a sequel coming out?
A: Ah yes, you ask a hard question there! Would you play, if we did make a sequel?

Kind of weird. Proof that Persona PSP may be an actual sequel? On the page, he goes to say that he wishes he could say, and that "Summoner" (?) fans will get their wish [not sure if he's referring to Devil Summoner fans, or Persona fans]... I assume this could mean Persona PSP is in development already, and could be a "sequel" (another entry in the series would be a more accurate term, I think.)

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: