DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:37:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMT: Imagine (Read 231900 times)
Tsunehito
Addictive Epicurean

View Profile Email
mishinaeikichi mishina.eikichi
Tsunehito phones it in,
 « Reply #45 on: February 23, 2007, 02:47:47 PM »
Quote from: Jessicat
Nah, having Japanese gamers watch you get killed by a kodama while wearing no equipment (clothing) is pretty bad XD
XD Wow, that is more embarrassing (read: em-bare-ass-ing). Although yesterday I--accidentally--pissed off a giant Kodama and, in my frantic dash to safety, managed to lead it back to the entrance of Suginami where it began slaughtering new players. Quite an awkward moment when we respawned back in Third Home... >.>

Tsunehito has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Oblivious
Doll Rapist

View Profile Email
Oblivious phones it in,
 « Reply #46 on: February 23, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »
I have cobbled together a measly walkthrough here.
http://community.darkscribes.org/viewtopic.php?pid=272440
Use anything you like from the thread, just do not rape the images.chainsaw

« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:45:20 PM by Oblivious »

I will kill you till you are dead.

Oblivious has 13 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #47 on: February 24, 2007, 05:10:15 PM »
Quote from: Oblivious
I have cobbled together a measly walkthrough here.
http://community.darkscribes.org/viewtopic.php?pid=272440
Use anything you like from the thread, just do not rape the images.chainsaw

Of course. I'd particularly be interested in using some of the translations you provide, as I don't understand Japanese whatsoever. I'll see what I can do and of course I'll be sure you credit you within the section.

Thanks for offering that up. hearton

I should at least have the installation guide up today. Obviously you can figure out most of what to do yourself since it's the same process as for anything similar. I mostly just messed around and still figured out how to sign up, install and run the game... but I think this is still good to explain for people to speed up the process.

I'll do a translation of the specs too, since apparently that's a point of interest.

(Edit: I put up the first part of the guide I've been working on for the past few days. This portion just details signing up for an account, installation and set up. http://www.digitaldevildb.com/games/shin_megami_tensei_online_imagine/guide_part1.php If you have anything to add or expand upon, let me know... I'm kind of trying to keep it on the more basic end, when possible, as it'll essentially be useless after the beta anyway).

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Oblivious
Doll Rapist

View Profile Email
Oblivious phones it in,
 « Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 11:08:23 PM »
Though I am fluent with hiragana, katakana and some syntax, I actually know almost none of the kanji I translate beforehand. I use the ime pad and the online dictionary to look them up.

So basically, menus and stats are possible for me, but translating blocks of text full of kanji will be time consuming. I intend to at least do the beginning quest given to you by seneekuman(that eyepatch guy), but the visual cues given are quite sufficient imo.

I'll need someone to post screenies before I can do anything though, I've done the quest already. Maybe next time I'll try making a quest list, though I am not sure how many quests are ready in the beta.

PS: Registration accepts all lowercase usernames only. That caused me a headache for a while.

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #49 on: February 25, 2007, 11:19:45 AM »
Though I am fluent with hiragana, katakana and some syntax, I actually know almost none of the kanji I translate beforehand. I use the ime pad and the online dictionary to look them up.

So basically, menus and stats are possible for me, but translating blocks of text full of kanji will be time consuming. I intend to at least do the beginning quest given to you by seneekuman(that eyepatch guy), but the visual cues given are quite sufficient imo.

I'll need someone to post screenies before I can do anything though, I've done the quest already. Maybe next time I'll try making a quest list, though I am not sure how many quests are ready in the beta.

PS: Registration accepts all lowercase usernames only. That caused me a headache for a while.

Yeah, that lowercase thing was getting me for a while too. Finally I just kept trying different names and figured it out. What a pain.

"Seneekuman" (what a name) certainly gives you some useful ideas, but considering, like you mention, he shows you a bunch of numbered menu items and pictures of the moves, I think a lot of it winds up being fine.

The only one I couldn't figure out is the final one, where he tells you to use  that move that looks like 3 lines of fire going around in a circle. You apparently need it to defeath those onion-headed chicken demons (who I still cannot remember the name of).

I've never use the IME pad. I do have the language bar installed... is that part of that?

Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
Stack Bundles phones it in,
 « Reply #50 on: February 25, 2007, 07:12:31 PM »
A quest list would be the greatest. I've been meaning to get started on those but have no idea how to. I figure that's how all these other players are getting their armor while I'm still wearing that measly red outfit.

Also, good lookin' on that guide, Tony. Now I don't have to explain the process to others.

I have a question. I'm trying to learn support magic, but I have no idea how to go about doing that. Recovery magic sort of just happens(I think), but what about support? I have the arrow pointing up, but without any actual magic I can't build it's level.

[INDENT]Sunset glazed...[/INDENT]

Stack Bundles has 189 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #51 on: February 25, 2007, 08:38:55 PM »
One thing I'm unsure of is the skill system. Maybe one of you can help me out.

For example, is there a reason why you'd want to leave some on and some off?

Let's say if f whatever move you're doing can affect two skills at once, the points will be distributed between the individual skills. If you only want to learn one of those skills more quickly, simply enable just that one instead of both it can affect.

It would make sense to me if it worked this way, but I'm not really sure at this stage. I've spent more time writing up simple crap about it compared to time spent actually playing it lol.

Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
 « Reply #52 on: February 25, 2007, 09:52:36 PM »
From the looks of things, you can only gain up to 10,000 skill points, not enough to max out every category, so you have to pick and choose what you want to learn. Having them all checked would  probably end up giving you nothing but a bunch of low level skills that are useless later on and with no hope of getting anything good.

Another skill related question, anyone know what the skill you learn after Dia does? It's icon is the purple spark with rings around it. It appears to be a stat booster, but it's not support magic, it's recovery.

One other thing, found out last night that the blue icons next to enemy health bars means you can recruit them, red icons means you can't.

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #53 on: February 25, 2007, 10:41:05 PM »
I did notice that 10,000 point thing in the skills menu. I don't know why I didn't put that together. Thanks!

Oblivious
Doll Rapist

View Profile Email
Oblivious phones it in,
 « Reply #54 on: February 25, 2007, 11:15:01 PM »
Quote from: Stack Bundles
From the looks of things, you can only gain up to 10,000 skill points, not enough to max out every category, so you have to pick and choose what you want to learn. Having them all checked would  probably end up giving you nothing but a bunch of low level skills that are useless later on and with no hope of getting anything good.

Another skill related question, anyone know what the skill you learn after Dia does? It's icon is the purple spark with rings around it. It appears to be a stat booster, but it's not support magic, it's recovery.

One other thing, found out last night that the blue icons next to enemy health bars means you can recruit them, red icons means you can't.

This skill is posumudi (ポズムティ), cure poison spell. Useful in the forest east of Suginami, where those red wisps can cast poison on you. Pixie learns this I think.

The Red and Blue icons I think reflect whether or not the demon is higher level than you, because there are demons you cannot tame even though they are lower level than you. For instance, Slimes, since we can't speak their language. I think this is the same for the Garum and the Wisps. Their icons will be Blue but you cannot tame them unless you have the correct skill, which I do not know how to acquire yet.

Tony: Yes it is part of the language bar, under the drop down menu with the pencil cup icon, first option.

Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
 « Reply #55 on: February 25, 2007, 11:19:51 PM »
Aha, posumudi. After playing a bit tonight, I started to think it may be something for curing ailments. Alright, now I know for sure, though the red wisps never stay alive long enough to poison me. Thanks.

Oblivious
Doll Rapist

View Profile Email
Oblivious phones it in,
 « Reply #56 on: February 25, 2007, 11:30:33 PM »
I am playing now, it seems there is maintainance scheduled on monday at 1400hrs. 1.5 hours from now, lasting for 2.5 hours.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 06:19:02 AM by Oblivious »

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #57 on: February 26, 2007, 10:25:08 AM »
The Red and Blue icons I think reflect whether or not the demon is higher level than you, because there are demons you cannot tame even though they are lower level than you.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Even in the opening Virtual Battle area, you notice that the slimes have blue icons next to them.

Tony: Yes it is part of the language bar, under the drop down menu with the pencil cup icon, first option.

Interesting, thanks. I greatly appreciate your help here so far.

Oblivious
Doll Rapist

View Profile Email
Oblivious phones it in,
 « Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007, 11:54:38 AM »
Glad to help. Damn, studying Japanese for fandom really pays off, this has got to be one of the best ways to study a language.

We should get together one day and raid the dungeons. They appear as D on the map and require either a bronze or silver plate to get in. With the plate in your inventory, talk to the dungeon entrance (In Sugnami, this is a monolith with glowing words on it). And you'll enter the dungeon when you confirm you want to enter.

The Sugnami dungeon can be soloed at level 13. I just did that, but not without dying multiple times, and the demons weren't even overtly aggressive. They seem somewhat beefed up, so overall I gained quite a lot of experience. It is obviously a party endeavor though.

Raiding it felt much like dungeon crawling in SMT. The art style seemed very much alike for one, with maze like routes you have to navigate. It is also made easier since there are resupply points after you clear a map.

Everything in the dungeon shop is useful. That black mass of cubes is actually a town portal spell that teleports you back to your home point amala drum. Buy many of these.

The band aids and blue topped bottles are for you, but the coloured orbs are for healing your demon's hp and mp. Just look for 'HP' and 'MP' and '回復' you'll be fine.

自分(jibun) = Self
仲魔(nakama) = Your demon

A really interesting play on words here. nakama(仲間) actually means comrade, but they replaced 間 with 魔(ma) usage in the game. This is not common usage at all, but very appropriate and means exactly the same thing.

Oh yeah, I started translating the information regarding the various demon cards we get when we defeat stuff. You know those Jack Frost pictures we pick up? Yes those are demon cards. I think you can exchange them for rewards if you turn them in in a set. Like Jack Frost and Jack Lantern makes a certain combo you can turn in. I am not really sure what combos are possible though.

Tony
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #59 on: February 26, 2007, 12:46:11 PM »
Oh yeah, I started translating the information regarding the various demon cards we get when we defeat stuff. You know those Jack Frost pictures we pick up? Yes those are demon cards. I think you can exchange them for rewards if you turn them in in a set. Like Jack Frost and Jack Lantern makes a certain combo you can turn in. I am not really sure what combos are possible though.

Yeah, I was wondering what the deal with those was. I read a bit about them on the official site, but honestly what I could make out (I'm stuck with Google Translate lol) made no sense in any remote way.

Thanks for the dungeon info. I'm not sure when I'll pop on next (probably in the evening, Central Standard Time). My newer character (I deleted the last one) is only level 1, but I'll work on that. He's named 吉国.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: