DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:37:22 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: SMT & Persona figures to be released! (Read 18564 times)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « on: June 21, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »
Atlus has been busy! There's a bunch of SMT and Persona related figures in the works to be released later this year.

First are the "Real Figure" [リアルフィギュア] series by FuRyu, a set of 2 demons, Shiva [ シヴァ] and Thor [トール]

These figures are 17cm [6.75"], and are available as a set, priced at 2,200Y, or individually for 1,100Y each.
Hobby Link Japan is taking pre-orders for both figures individually. To be released October 10th, 2010.

Next are the Game Characters Collection Mini series by MegaHouse, featuring these Persona 3 & Persona 4 characters: P3 protagonist, Aigis, Aigis (uniform), Orpheus, P4 protagonist, Teddie/Kuma, Shadow Teddie/Shadow Kuma, Izanagi, Naoto Shirogane, Rise Kujikawa and 2 secret figures.

They are only 3cm [1.25"] tall, and are currently available for pre-order in boxes of 12 [randomly assorted] figures at 4,788Y a box [or 399Y each]. To be released September 2010.
Many online shops have boxes stocked for pre-order, including Otacute.com and Animaxis.com.

And finally, a Jack Frost soft vinyl figure! Manufactured by ArtStorm:

It's 23cm [9"] tall, and no assembly or painting is required. No set release date yet, although it will be later this year. Here are a few sites still taking in pre-orders:
Otacute.com | AmiAmi.jp | HobbyFan.com

Info Sources: Tomopop.com: Real Figure / Jack Frost | fumuo.com | Animetsu blog

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:18:30 PM by Jessicat »

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:13:30 PM »
Ahhhh, and I thought this place was good as dead!! I have the bbs and comments feed in my bookmarks with extensions so I am able to see any activity at all here immediately smokin

I've been wondering myself if Megaten itself has gone cold lately. Other than the PSP rehashes I don't see anything happening. I looked for any current gen Megaten game in the works the other day and turned up nothing.

I have not been following Megaten, though it occurred to me the other day that Strange Journey's antarctic theme might have been inspired by H.P. Lovecrafts, "At the Mountains of Madness".

So anyway, I will try to add this news asap. Please help out if you remember how to work the WordPress stuff. Thanks for hanging in there ninja

EDITED: Cool new avatar...

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:41:37 PM »
Added to front page.

I should probably double check if there aren't any recent Spanish translations by Emilio which never got posted.

I'm assuming all of the Chinese comments are spam...

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 07:51:53 PM »
Ah, thanks for getting that up, full-time work means most of my daily surfing is done on a [crappy] mobile phone ^^;

As for other SMT-related news, I've only heard about Atlus supporting the 3DS with a couple SMT games announced at E3 a little while back; it's not stated if they're remakes or new stuff though [but it'll be in 3D!!1! lol]. Other than that, haven't heard much either sadly ^^;

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
wolfzau
Translator

MaleView Profile Email
Remember that you are mortal
wolfzau phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 12:14:22 PM »

I'm assuming all of the Chinese comments are spam...

You assume correct, and my Chinese is still pretty lousy.

Although I must say I'm glad to see that there's still life in the old girl after being away for so long.

P.S. That Thor figure looks awesome

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:17:52 PM by wolfzau »

wolfzau has 32 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 12:26:17 PM »
I'm now officially blaming the death of the web on social networking websites!! In the 90s people would build information rich websites about stuff people cared about. Now people just post about whatever mundane trivia they are doing when they they're not posting about the mundane trivia they are doing boring

On an up note. The PS1 "remake" of SMT has been on the PSN for a while. I expect II and If to follow. They are priced higher than the normal games (same as FF games) which kind of seems ridiculous, especially for remakes. I'll probably purchase If because I've never played too far into it. I'd rather have Devil Summoner games. I have a feeling Atlus might be remaking those for the PSP like they did MIP. I wish the MIP remake would be released as a PSN download, because I doubt the original MIP will be released because of the remake crying smug

EDITED: Err actually, as I recall DS I think may have been released on the PSP before MIP was. Was SH ever? I dunno ninja

PS: Is SMT games being released on PSN (Japan) news worthy?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:29:52 PM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: