DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:57:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: www.atlus.com/strangejourney/ North America gears up for a Strange Journe (Read 17995 times)
cj iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

MaleView Profile Email
cjiwakura@hotmail.com cjiwakurax
The Rhythm Rogue
cj iwakura phones it in,
 « on: January 07, 2010, 07:45:29 PM »
www.atlus.com/strangejourney

Probably worth a front page update. Still not sure how to go about doing that... but ideally it should include some images from the forthcoming US Version(March, 2010).

Quote from: www.atlus.com/strangejourney/  North America gears up for a Strange Journey
Atlus USA’s website for Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey is now online. SJ marks the series’ Nintendo DS debut and according to the website is slated for a March 23rd release.

Mark your calenders and cancel all engagements!!

Included are a handful of character bios, as well as some background info on the gameplay and general setting, and some series history.

Much like the old Super Famicom Shin Megaten games, Strange Journey consists primarily of immense first person dungeons. There will also be demon recruitment, endings that vary based on alignment, and cryptic white-haired characters who may or may not be fallen angels in disguise.

Don’t forget to visit www.atlus.com/strangejourney/ »

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:47:40 AM by yksehtniycul »

* smtsj.jpg (34.12 KB, 844x185 - viewed 1974 times.)

cj iwakura has 9 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »
I think the format that has developed for news posts is at least two paragraphs with an image sandwiched in between. We can/have accommodated different layouts but the amount of content should be comparable to that at least I think. Your call. You've made the topic (thread) in the forums, just need to bang out the content / hunt down a graphic.

If/when you make a habit of posting we will more and more lean on you to do as much of the process as possible yourself, but for new posters we'll take care of the technical stuff for you. Before we can publish you'll also at least need a WordPress user account (registration from the front page) which I'd prefer you setup yourself. That's so your name (Posted by) can be tacked on to the end of the post.

I will resize your image for you if necessary, but the max width is 450px, but if there is a larger version of the image we do a "lightbox" gallery setup so when you click on it the big version gets overlayed over the page. From now on I also want to insist on a copy of the image being attached somewhere in the NEWS: thread so we always have a backup.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:02:27 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:04:44 AM »
Here is another post about a website going up (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/archives/franchisers/atlus-usa/2009/04/atlus-usa-devil-survivor-site-comes-alive/) if that helps at all. Just be yourself. We don't do opinions (op-eds) but we encourage personality.

cj iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

MaleView Profile Email
cjiwakura@hotmail.com cjiwakurax
The Rhythm Rogue
cj iwakura phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 05:06:06 PM »
So I just make a post to a wordpress blog and link to it here? I'm not too familiar with the process, though I did just signup(cjiwakura.wordpress.com).

http://cjiwakura.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/smt-sj/

Did I do it right?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:25:39 PM by cj iwakura »

cj iwakura has 9 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »
Oh sorry, no (I tried to explain) there is a WordPress.com website, but there is also WordPress.org software (I'm assuming the same parties are involved) but anyway, DigitalDevilDb.com is built on the Wordpress software (like I explained) ...you can register with our WordPress interface here (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/wp-login.php?action=register) ...the process should be pretty similar if you just made that blog with WordPress.com.

If you want/have an outside blog for yourself we can link to your blog (syndication) like the way this post (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/archives/franchisers/atlus-usa/2009/06/you-have-been-officially-spoiled-persona-ost/) links to Emilio's nijiko blog.

I will try to get your post up asap, but you should also post the text into this forum topic/thread (preferably edit it in at the top) ...you'll get the hang of things eventually if you stick with it smug

I will try to copy what you have over to the website asap (been a little occupied lately) ...but in the meantime I want you to edit your post into the thread, and register with the website (digitaldevildb.com) ^

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »
I threw up a version of your post with some technical edits...

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/archives/franchisers/atlus-usa/2010/01/north-america-gears-up-for-a-strange-journey/

You really should change anything you like, but sometimes there are formatting concerns, especially with headlines. The caption on the image is not necessary, you should remove it or make it more personal unless you don't care.

The /fr in /franchisers make this page display as French. That's a really retarded bug in the translation plugin I guess should fix.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:12:38 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 12:48:35 AM »
Top post edited smokin

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: