DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:54:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (Read 11908 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « on: July 17, 2009, 09:03:25 AM »

Atlus has open a new site for the teaser of, what it seems to be the next Megaten game, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. Showing a picture of Earth with its South Pole imploding and showing messages like: "This is a soldier's hand. It's trustworthy.", "For us, it's 'hope'!", "Don't lose site of yourself!", "You came here from a rich country just to die?", "For the future of mankind, let's both hold our ground!", "South Pole".

A Japanese blog was able to grab what it seems to be the logo of the game, from the page's source code before Atlus removed it.

Atlus will reveal more about this game on July 24 and, supposedly, it will be released on October 8 for Japan. But most important, It will be a spinoff? a sequel? and for what console?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:08:45 AM by Emilio Morales »

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 09:08:02 AM »
NEWS: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (Spanish)

ATLUS ha habilitado un página donde anuncia la siguiente entrega de la franquicia de Megaten la cual porta el nombre "Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey". Una imagen en mosaico que muestra el planeta Tierra con una gran implosión en el Polo Sur y con las frases como: "Esta es la mano de un soldado. Es digna de confianza", "Para nosotros, es esperanza", "No se pierdan de sitio", "Has venido de un rico país solo para morir?", "Por el futuro de la humanidad, mantengamos en pie" y "Polo Sur".

Junto a eso, un blog Japonés, encontró dentro del código de la página una imagen que al parecer es el logo de esta entrega.

El juego será anunciado el 24 de Julio. Y al parecer el juego será lanzado para Japón el 8 de Octubre. Será una secuela? un spinoff? Para qué consola será? Espero que pronto lo sepamos.

My blog entry

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 09:17:16 AM »
I already sent for review the entry, just make sure to add the image and verify the entire post. Also, if Jessicat or any of the other editors wants to correct my post, I'll appreciate it.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
Strange Journey sounds sort of like an "if..." like subtitle... doesn't look like it might be a PS3 release, and I wouldn't expect a PS2 release at this point. Wii perhaps, if not DS or PSP??

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 01:48:55 PM »
Do you think it's too soon to translate Strange Journey in the post? Btw, is "strange journey" ever on the official website? Or just that logo the blogger supposedly pulled from the page?

Is Shin Megami Tensei even on the website?? I'm sort of thinking it's too early to put a title on this teaser (but I'm also feeling lazy and apathetic)

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »
Well, a lot of people  are taking about if this is a Megaten release. I really don't know what to think by now, a part of me believes it's a Megaten game but, with all that's been said about the Japanese blogger that supposedly retrieve the logo from the code, other part of me is starting to think this twice. There's no reference from Atlus about this being a Megaten game on that site though, but I don't know... sick

Anyway, the translation of "Strange Journey" is: "Viaje Extraño".

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 09:50:07 PM »
Dang, Emilio beat me to it~ :p
Well I want to know what's up with that font they chose to use XD It reminds me of a mix of the Jurassic Park and Star Wars font-types XD Here's hoping it's SMT for real and not another Devil Survivor/spin-off [though I would play another Devil Children game :p That's probably *only* just me though XD]

Oh, Emilio, your link to the game's website leads straight to the swf file on the site, not the site itself; not sure if that was intentional or not though ^^; I'll do a quick read through now and see if it needs any touch-ups :3

*edit* October 8th? not August 10th? XD [this is why I like months written out when writing the date, any days in them less than 13 confuses me XD]

*edit edit* that's it! It's an SMT game in space with dinosaurs! XD Okay, maybe not, but I think that could be cool if done right :p it's probably the ozone layer that's been depleted from all those old fridges leaking CFCs or something and now demons are invading XD

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:01:27 PM by Jessicat »

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 09:58:57 PM »

Atlus has revealed a new teaser website of what appears to be the next Megaten game, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. Showing a picture of Earth with the South Pole imploding and showing messages like: "This is a soldier's hand. It's trustworthy.", "For us, it's 'hope'!", "Don't lose sight of yourself!", "You came here from a rich country just to die?", "For the future of mankind, let's both hold our ground!", "South Pole".

A Japanese blogger was able to grab what seems to be the logo of the game, from the page's source code before Atlus removed it.

Atlus will reveal more about this game on July 24th, 2009 and, supposedly, it will be released on October 8th, 2009 for Japan. But the lack of the most important details have left us hanging; will it be a spin-off? a sequel? what genre? and for what console?

Just changed a couple things for "flow" and made the link go to the site instead of the swf ^^; Also, a person who "blogs" is a "blogger" right? XD

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »
I think the ambiguous date actually indicates that the SMT logo is bullshit. A corporation would be way more media conscious than to publish it that way, and it just doesn't look like an Atlus produced logo. Atlus is slick as shit (if little else) and that logo is just not doing it.

Truthfully my instinct is to pull the story, but I don't give a shit. It sounds like there's been enough speculation that Atlus would've released a statement somehow if people were off on the wrong track. But at the same time, putting this sort of really idiotic teaser up I think deserves this sort of negative attention.

PS: I mean there doesn't seem to be anything to connect this swf applet to any other game in Atlus' quiver. So why not just release a statement or have one of their people mention they have a new game. It would be about as effective.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:37:19 PM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »
Yea, there's is plenty of fake crap on the 'net, though the url http://new.atlusnet.jp/img/ gives a 403, not a 404 [but the actual picture url listed on the blogger's site does go 404]. Using something like "img" as your sub-folder is so...default XD at least add the game title abbreviation to it or something XD

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 11:18:26 PM »
Thanks for the revision Jessicat! wink

*edit edit* that's it! It's an SMT game in space with dinosaurs! XD Okay, maybe not, but I think that could be cool if done right :p it's probably the ozone layer that's been depleted from all those old fridges leaking CFCs or something and now demons are invading XD

xd

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: