DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:59:02 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any other games? (Read 41491 times)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 05:57:10 PM »
Quote from: Radikal_Dreamer
I haven't decided whether to play Dragon Quest 8 yet, as I didn't like what I've heard or played of the series.

One word: Level-5. Totally the only reason I'm going to play it.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Radikal_Dreamer

View Profile Email
radikal_dreamer@hotmail.com
Radikal_Dreamer phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 06:12:09 PM »
Quote from: Raidou
One word: Level-5. Totally the only reason I'm going to play it.

I've only played the first Dark Cloud, and that did rock. I've yet to pick up DC2 despite how good some people say it is. I am, however, looking forward to Rogue Galaxy quite a lot.

Radikal_Dreamer has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 06:16:25 PM »
Quote from: Radikal_Dreamer
I've only played the first Dark Cloud, and that did rock. I've yet to pick up DC2 despite how good some people say it is. I am, however, looking forward to Rogue Galaxy quite a lot.

I hated Dark Cloud 2 -- the only thing I liked about it was the fact that items were Stacked in your inventory instead of item-item-item. That, and it had the best voices I've ever heard in a videogame. Pretty much it -- it's overrated, but I guess it's nice to know Level-5 is turning into quite the power house.

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: August 25, 2005, 11:31:34 AM »
Quote from: Argilla
I'm wondering, is that game just about rolling up random things you find on Earth or is there more to the gameplay and story than that? So far, I heard love-hate things about the first one. D:

You're the Prince of All Cosmos. Your dad, King of All Cosmos, got drunk one day and broke all the stars in the sky in his stupor. Your job is to roll things up so he can send them into the sky and form new stars and constellations. That's the bulk of the story element.

Basically, yeah, you roll around and pick things up. There's strategy to it, though. You need to have a large enough Katamari to pick up bigger things, but being bigger means you'll be locked out of smaller areas. It's give and take. There's also levels where you can to collect as many as you can of a certain item or find something specific.

The first one is cheap. You're not going to lose out on much by trying it out. I think it's an interesting concept and I found it to be a lot of fun, particularly when you get to the later stages. The soundtrack is amazing. Unfortunately, the game is rather short, but for $20 I could have done a lot worse.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Naomi
Lonely

View Profile Email
Angelic_Naomi@hotmail.com Arielg03
Naomi phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: August 25, 2005, 03:21:46 PM »
Xenosaga 3
Wild Arms: Alter Code F
DDS2

Yay I have DDS2 and the Soundtrack!

Naomi has 37 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
ParasiteMT@gmail.com COTMFreak parasitemt
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 08:53:40 PM »
Waiting for:
Castlevania: DoS/CoD
SMT:DDS2
Zelda: TW
Wild Arms: ACF
MMX Collection

Parasite has 65 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 03:58:08 AM »
Ah, thanks Tony! I'll have to try that one out then if I can find a copy here. I actually haven't seen a used one out in town. D: It's pretty cheap on eBay so I might just get it there.

The Katamari reminds me of of Willy Wonka's 'Everlasting Gobstopper' that was shown in the movie. ^^;

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
radiokill

View Profile Email
radiokill phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 05:20:30 PM »
Yea, it's quirkly style is what attracted me to the game but I wasn't sure if it was worth a play. A lot of people seem to love it and say it's quite addicting but then there are those who say it's nothing but you rolling up random objects. I think I'll be the judge of that though...

The rolling part made me so dizzy I couldn't pick the game up again after the first try. T^T

I'm awaiting DDS2, DS: Kuzunoha Raidou, and KH2.

axeman I thought this was a ninja, haha.

radiokill has 20 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 05:26:10 PM »
I hope it's bright colors and rolling up stuff don't get me dizzy. D: I hate games that tend to do that but I'll give Katamari a try.

As much as I hate KH...it has Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. XD; Gahaha~

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: August 26, 2005, 05:32:29 PM »
As much as I hate KH...it has Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. XD; Gahaha~

...Johnny Depp I can understand, but Orlando Bloom? Ew. Just. Ew.

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 09:51:01 AM »
I've never understood girls' fascination with Bloom. He's a decent actor (nothing amazing, however), but he looks slightly rat-ish in my opinion...

As for Kingdom Hearts 2... meh. They'd have to fix so many fundamental problems I have with the original before I'd be tricked into getting the sequel. I'm a huge Disney fan and not even that could force me to put up with that game and its poor usage of the franchises.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
ParasiteMT@gmail.com COTMFreak parasitemt
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: August 27, 2005, 01:21:26 PM »
Quote from: Tony
I've never understood girls' fascination with Bloom. He's a decent actor (nothing amazing, however), but he looks slightly rat-ish in my opinion...

As for Kingdom Hearts 2... meh. They'd have to fix so many fundamental problems I have with the original before I'd be tricked into getting the sequel. I'm a huge Disney fan and not even that could force me to put up with that game and its poor usage of the franchises.

I found the game rather enjoyable when I started thinking of the music, such as the orchestrated introduction when you leave the game on the title screen.  Other than that, I just found it was an RPG that could fufill my RPG thirst...for awhile.  I couldn't stand playing the game again on Expert.

Parasite has 65 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: August 28, 2005, 04:10:12 AM »
Hmm, a lot of girls seemed to fawn over him because of the LotR series(pretty boy? Er, elf?). D: I realy liked his role in PotC though and Troy(despite he was a wuss).

For KH, I got really tired and dizzy after playing about an hour of it. I have to agree with the camera angles but I heard they fixed that problem for KH2. (Still doesn't give me a reason to play it.) The story just didn't catch me at all.^^; I am really interested in the PotC part even though they look so out of...character.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #28 on: August 29, 2005, 02:59:29 AM »
Hmm, a lot of girls seemed to fawn over him because of the LotR series(pretty boy? Er, elf?). D: I realy liked his role in PotC though and Troy(despite he was a wuss).

For KH, I got really tired and dizzy after playing about an hour of it. I have to agree with the camera angles but I heard they fixed that problem for KH2. (Still doesn't give me a reason to play it.) The story just didn't catch me at all.^^; I am really interested in the PotC part even though they look so out of...character.

...Woah. I didn't know Orlando Bloom was Legolas. I liked Legolas, just because he wasn't loud and obnoxious like a lot of the other characters were. Plus, bow and arrows are awesome.

KH's camera got me sick -- I get motion sick extremely easy, so, I threw up around the first or so battle.

Early Archer
Crystalline water

View Profile Email
Early Archer phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: August 29, 2005, 09:15:54 PM »
Waiting for
The new Ys3 remake
Phantom Kingdom/Makai Kingdom
Gunstar Super Heroes
Gradius V (I should've gotten that already:smug: )
Sigma Star (shooter fanboy:nolaff: )

May fortune be with you.

Early Archer has 93 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: