DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:05:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripped it, now watch it! [SMTIII Documentary] (Read 90217 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 07:32:55 AM »
^A two second fix for the N/A biggrin

And a bug becomes a feature [*bows*]

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 07:58:33 AM »
I think I remember being warned against downloading Veoh's software. Also I remember the site telling me I could only watch so many hours at a time confused

Edited: Maybe I'm thinking about about a different website?? Wikipedia says Veoh is fairly straight-laced.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:01:34 AM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »
Oh! The subforum text now shows as a different colour for new replys.
I think that's the only new change I notice tho ^^;
As for veoh, when using their external uploader, there's no time or size limit for what you put up. No watch limits either that I know of [megavideo has that, its so annoying]. Or wait, I think you might get time limits for really long uploads [like full length movies] but I haven't encountered that limit lately, not sure if it's because of being logged in there or not.
I haven't checked out the main website yet, only because I have the forum bookmarked ^^;

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 08:16:37 AM »
It's such a habit from other furms I go to ^^; ANYways, more importantly, the main documentary parts are fully uploaded on Veoh. Check it out HERE. So far the 2 documentary part [history and making of nocturne] and some random other chapter [looks like a discussion/interview about nocturne with...some people. lol]. Should show up online to watch very soon if it isn't already ^^;
Working through ripping the small trailer/synopsis things still, might not get those viewable until later tomorrow ^^;
Enjoy! :3

Wait, WTF with this?

Quote from: Veoh
"Veoh is no longer available in GUATEMALA. If you are not in GUATEMALA or think you have received this message in error, please go to veoh.com and report the issue."

It's no longer in Guatemala? What a shit  xd I haven't had that kind of problem with any other site on the net.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 08:18:56 AM »
^Funny, I was just reading about this on Wikipedia tongue

The only plus for Veoh is long vids and downloads. It's kinda like a corporate service more than a website. It thinks of itself as a USA television channel on the internet rainbow

Two words: Michael Eisner

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 08:23:11 AM »
Oh! The subforum text now shows as a different colour for new replys.
I think that's the only new change I notice tho ^^;

I think that was always that way (I noticed it when I tried that Smart Phone simulator)

If you mean the fix I made... I fixed your posts that said N/A. Now they say something different (hint: it's cute and informational)

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »
Ohshit, I didn't know veoh discriminates against foreign IPs too -_- well, guess there's the catch; would anyone know other upload alternatives? ^^;
And yea, on my BB pearl browser, before anything was changed, there was no indicator for new topics [unless it was an image; I have those disabled by default ^^;]
Crap, one more problem to solve -_- I have a couple random chapters uploaded on veoh, just need to add the detail data before it finalizes that.
Then I'll try ripping the actual disc and see if I can find somewhere to upload that too

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 05:10:56 PM »
I definitely would not normally do so for just any videos, but I will download these via Veoh (or wait for an image rip one) to back them up until we can find something to do with them. These are fairly unique.

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »
Okay, I've finished adding the extra info for all the small pieces of documentary left and the trailer/synopsis things [ugh, the random bits of Kaneko interview should've been in the "making of" chapter, would've been easier to deal with XD] So if you take a look on my profile, it should be appearing as I type. Now, to rip and upload...I don't think I know any places that can host gigantic [4+GB] files, I might have to rar and spilt [blah, complications for something so easy...no wonder people don't bother doing this sort of thing XD] sorry Emilio! ^^; If you want to host some or all of the DVD on your blog or something, let me know and I'll try uploading the pieces too, they're smaller than the DVD, but not as complete.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »
It would be freaking awesome to post download links for that material of yours in my blog! :cheessy: For the sake of my blog, I'm interested rolleyes (I'm always interested xd). Thanks Jessicat! wink

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 10:24:14 PM »
lol, ok, it's a but late now, I'll try to get the video portions up somewhere other than veoh soon ^^;
And frigging hell, does anyone know of a dvd iso ripper/extractor/thing that works on "real" dvds? I swear, I have 2 programs with a 3oomb limit, the others wouldn't go for it because of copy-protected bs or something XD
It's a conspiracy! This is injustice! I don't know why this has to be so difficult for me, but it is ;>>

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 01:52:16 AM »
That's a feature length DVD eek

For a full quality 4GB dl, I will have to use a remote machine -- because I'm on satellite service. Usually I can do this by just about any means, except some download service providers make you go thru a verification process which I can't do remotely (though often I can do it, and figure out the location of the actual download, and hand that off to the remote machine -- if the service doesn't try to validate the session/IP etc.)

Any actual protocol like bittorrent or more standard stuff (ftp, etc -- as in "etcetera") is no prob.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:53:59 AM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 07:23:26 AM »
If I can ever find a way to actually rip this disc *headdesk* maybe I'll try making my first torrent ^^;
The weekend is coming, maybe I can get more accomplished after I get this wrapped up :p

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »
I don't think I've ever had much trouble with ripping/burning type stuff. Usually I have very nice software that came with the drive. But with this new portable I've been using ImgBurn (completely free ripping/burning suite I think) without any troubles.

PS: I've never started a torrent myself, but if you can point me to it, I will start downloading/seeding it for a while.

I wonder if it would be cool to setup a bittorrenting coordination campaign with this site for Megaten related stuff. We can't host the stuff directly, but if enough of our users could pitch in, we could "host" some pretty interesting stuff indefinitely.

I don't have a problem with encouraging game image bittorrents. Especially as long as CAVE is icing me out of my IMAGINE account mad

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:36:23 AM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 05:01:03 PM »
I don't think I've ever had much trouble with ripping/burning type stuff. Usually I have very nice software that came with the drive. But with this new portable I've been using ImgBurn (completely free ripping/burning suite I think) without any troubles....
Well crap, ImgBurn can't rip DVDs [well, not write protected ones anyways] *sigh* this is moronic. Guess I'll keep searching for something that works...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: