DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:59:06 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The site is really slipping away in terms of popularity... (Read 11996 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: May 27, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »
The site is really slipping away in terms of popularity and I don't really know what to do about it.

It's still a fairly major spoke of the internet for web surfers looking for Megaten info. But it doesn't really have a dedicated following, and the ad revenue isn't enough to finance hosting the website. We still have virtually anonymous people letting the site sit on their host (and not at all responsible people I might add)

If the ads don't pickup the only chance of the website having a continued presence on the internet is if/when I have to lease a fairly beefy host for some other reason and can afford to just stick this website in some corner of it.

So let's just hope the website can keep floating in indefinite limbo and nothing happens with the domain name. Because if it did, even though I control the whole site now, I seem to have zero authority when it comes to the domain name. The name is currently on lease by the host provider (hostpapa.com) which I have no influence over.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 04:46:11 PM »
Btw, since the ads aren't bringing in enough money anyway, and we're all used to them by now, I removed the "The database is now ad supported! Please consider our sponsored links." from the front page banner... but it looked weird with all that empty space, so I put it back...

So I think it's time to change the banner message to something else. Right now the database needs new content most. So If anyone can writeup a new catchy message that is no longer than the old one asking for contributors that would be most helpful smokin

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 10:24:52 PM »
If the hits number is big enough, then something like: "Your #1 Megaten Source Site" razz

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 10:30:52 PM »
Saddly, we might be the "#1" exclusively dedicated to Megaten grand unified website dejour, but our track record atm is completely dysfunctional!! So no reason to start boasting... not to mention the website is so far from comprehensive it's sickening sick

I don't want to seem down... but anyway, if we're gonna replace that banner, it needs to say something like "We're a collectivist website now and need you to contribute content" ...only it has to be phrased very ergonomically and endearingly if it's going to cut mustard sweatdrop

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 10:47:23 PM »
Oh, fuck it...

Here's the new banner, "The database is a community effort. It needs help to survive and thrive!"

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »
Offtopic: What about Jose, btw?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:57:03 PM by Emilio Morales »

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
I probably haven't heard from Jose since 2008 rolleyes

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: