DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:05:23 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remake of Persona 1 for PSP (Read 29583 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « on: January 16, 2009, 03:06:46 PM »
Information was leaked from a Korean of videogame magazine, "GameWave" where they're talking about a possible remake of Persona 1 for PSP, since he magazine was the same that announce Disgaea 2 Portable and Mobile Suit Gundam: Bonds of the Battlefield days before their Japanese releases, probably this is a solid assumption.

But as far as I know, there will be news characters, scenarios, and a little bit of new story. So we can hope to see am official Japanese announcement soon. 

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:52:47 PM »
Remake? Or Re-release? It would be weird to see what Atlus would do to a remake, considering some interview I read a while back where Kazuma is saying Atlus wanted Persona to be a kind of cheery sugar coated gaiden, very distinct from the canon Megaten series (which Kazuma intended to stand by)

He also said in the same interview he doesn't do any of the production art used to promote games these days... presumably he just does the rough compositions that is -- though he admits he's shifting more to a directorial role (good or bad?? you decide)

Either way, I loves MIP, but my expectations are gonna have to hover about in the sub-zero dept. for now sweatdrop

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »
Remake? Or Re-release? It would be weird to see what Atlus would do to a remake, considering some interview I read a while back where Kazuma is saying Atlus wanted Persona to be a kind of cheery sugar coated gaiden, very distinct from the canon Megaten series (which Kazuma intended to stand by)

As far as I know, Remake.

He also said in the same interview he doesn't do any of the production art used to promote games these days... presumably he just does the rough compositions that is -- though he admits he's shifting more to a directorial role (good or bad?? you decide)

Now I'm curious, do you have the links for that interview? Too bad Kazuma stated that, I admire all of his work and if the art that is used to promote the games is no longer his... frown It's like he is planning his retirement. crying

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 01:04:59 PM »
Well I've always attested he doesn't do it, because I know it would be pretty impossible. However  I got the impression from the article he isn't necessarily involved in how they do all the production polishing of his stuff. At least he seemed to say he has no say, or actually he just lets them do what they want.

Scans of the article were posted in this livejournal:

http://community.livejournal.com/sumarucity/

Can't remember what I was searching for when it turned up in google...

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:17:12 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 01:15:38 PM »
I think this is based on the same interview:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9291

But the translations are very different. They seem to paint Kazuma in a more soft focus light.... but the thrust of the questions seem identical. I think this version completely misinterprets a lot of stuff. The original was in an English mag as well. This one is much shorter also.

I can't find that blog post with the magazine scans for the life of me, but if you dig thru the Sumaru City blog archives I'm sure you'll find it. It is noticeable because even though it was a Kazuma interview, only Persona 3 artwork was used to liven up the page layouts doh

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:19:10 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 02:32:07 PM »
Ok, thanks for the links! I'll look at them right now

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »
I'd be glad even if it was a port. I'd be even happier if it was brought over here with a new translation. Though I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Phoenix Gamma

View Profile WWW Email
CrazyGreg6
Phoenix Gamma phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 10:48:10 PM »
Hmm...if it's for PSP, I'd guess it's probably a port. Can't you buy PS1 games from the Playstation store? I feel like I should know this, what with me being a PSP owner...  sweatdrop

I'd prefer a remake, just because I'm the kind of shallow person who has a hard time going back to PS1 games.

Phoenix Gamma has 6 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 08:06:37 PM »
I'd be glad even if it was a port. I'd be even happier if it was brought over here with a new translation. Though I'm not going to get my hopes up.
He posts eek

I've been wondering if we should take you off the moderator roll or what? rolleyes

Btw, I'm not sure if DevilRy is good for moderation anymore either.... if nothing else his presence is pretty dodgy frown

Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
Maverynthia phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 04:20:57 AM »
I'll wait for the UNDUB version that will hopefully get made after Atlus horribly dubs the English version.

Maverynthia has 52 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
OdioOmnus

View Profile Email
OdioOmnus phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 09:35:12 PM »
There will only be VA for battle, like in the PSX version.

OdioOmnus has 5 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
Maverynthia phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »
There will only be VA for battle, like in the PSX version.

Still, copy paste my post. They won't keep the battle voices in Japanese.. >_<

Maverynthia has 52 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »
I'm kinda wondering what this will be myself (being a big fan of the original)

I'm thinking at least the 3D dungeon graphics will be zazzed up... and Kaneko will probably come up with some new production art... ala all the Super Famicom remakes a while back (some years ago)

I think it's ironic (but kinda predictable) MIP is being restored, while at the same time the Atlus people are giving all kinds of interviews saying that Persona will never look like MIP ever again (ie. dark, David Lynch style noir type stuff) because Kazuma doesn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole now.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 06:22:06 PM by yksehtniycul »

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 04:48:52 PM »
Some more information about it: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/02/24/atlus-relaunching-persona-on-psp-this-fall/

It's arriving domestically this fall, and I'm pretty excited. Though I feel a bit silly as I just recently bought the PS1 version for a hefty sum.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 04:30:14 AM »
Funny, I guess DevilRy has officially stolen my copy of MIP (imported - along with some PS2 memory cards I left in Portland) ...and my old Revelations game was half stolen buy some Megaten Haven forum goer in Belgium I think. Since it wasn't an ebay trade or anything I offered to split the risk with him, and he flagrantly did not honor the second half of the deal. So the fate of both of my Persona game sets was to end up in the hands of apparently morally depraved individuals frown

This one looks pretty slick, new additions aside. Though I worry that at least some of the accommodation of the wide screen appears to be accomplished by cropping off the top and bottoms of the game screens. Also hope you can disable the giant heads at the bottom of the battlescreen, because that just looks like it would get old. Ah the rub though is it is PSP! I didn't think I'd ever want a PSP. I don't think this title alone would convince me to buy one... but it's a chink in my armor. I wonder about how the PSP might integrate with the PS3 though. I've usually never liked portables, but lately I've had a craving to be able to just lay in bed and play something without all the accoutrements.

I'm guessing there will be an easy mode to replace the old Revelations hacks. One thing that could sell me on the game, is if the easy mode has been rebalanced so that it is humanly possible to obtain the high level Personae (without logging a literal million hours or whatever)

I really don't like the added content I've seen, other than the interface slicking up. The game was perfect for what it was, and I'm afraid the movies will just seem superfluous and ruin the vibe altogether when present. Surely options to play in "classic mode" would not be denied. More of a remake might've been interesting, but it mostly looks like the content is almost shamelessly unaltered.

Anyway, as soon as someone has a copy of this game, I'd really like to know all the differences for myself wink

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: