DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:53:28 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow of the Colossus - Hard Mode Time Trial (Read 9264 times)
Camanche
Same shit, different style.

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « on: November 02, 2006, 01:42:07 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying for it right now. I've beat two so far, on the hard time trials. Yikes, they're tough if you don't plan each movement out right. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Also, I was wondering if anyone's discovered any 'secret' locations that are worth while. Places with lots of fruit trees, or white-tailed lizards, for example.

And last but not least, has anyone made it to that place at the top of the temple? You'll know what I mean if you've beat the game. I can't get up there yet, and wanted to know if there was a trick to it, or if you just needed a lot of grip stamina. (Can you grab onto a hawk and hawk-ride your way up there either? I tried this, but the hawk flew over an open canyon of water, and dropped me. -_-)

Though I love this game, sometimes I wish there was more in the land/more to do. So barren, but that's part of the whole story, I guess. Great game. :)

Camanche has 171 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Camanche

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 08:03:08 PM »
So... uh.. who else gave up on the hard mode time trial with this game? Me... lol

I didn't listen to the people who told me it wasn't for the faint of heart.

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:18:22 PM »
Honestly, I'm sad to admit that I've still not even played this game aside from the demo.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »
Neither have I. I still want to try it.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Camanche

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 05:08:33 PM »
OMG Tony! You have to at least beat the game once, which is very doable.

As for the hard mode, egad. Some of the stuff is ridiculous. I don't know how anyone does it...

Paradox
Traveler on the Edge

View Profile Email
Ignis Fatuus 6D
Paradox phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 01:29:34 AM »
Hard mode gives me nightmares D:. I can't help, but I can certainly share your pain.

Paradox has 21 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 12:52:02 AM »
Got to the top of the temple a couple of times.  The trick is to jump from side to side since for some reason that uses less stamina but you still gain distance vertically.  Personally I think it's more fun to walk across the bridge and check out the scenery (plus you can check out the impossibly small gap that your huge horse was supposed to have fit through) than dick around in the temple.  There really isn't a whole lot to explore aside from a huge hole in the floor.  I think one of the prizes in easy mode time trials maps out the locations of all the lizards so I didn't have much trouble tracking them down.  I think I could only get eight time trials in hard mode.  That stupid geyser one I could never get so I just gave up.  I only grabbed onto a hawk once because I read you can do that somewhere and its fun to ride standing up on your horse.  I rode a fair distance across the plains but it seemed to fly in the same pattern over and over so I jumped off.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: