DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:59:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII (Read 42975 times)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #45 on: August 10, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »
Ark is a transforming summon...it changes from an airship to a mech!!!

Transform and rollout Espers!

I have a feeling this 10 year FFXIII thing is going be an Episodic Content deal.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #46 on: August 10, 2007, 11:35:51 PM »
Bahumut Prime here! Give up Sephy-tron! Sorry couldn't resist continuing the bad pun. lol. I can't believe this  present reality is going to last ten years and be  a series. Literally it'll be like episodes in one big movie and fans will have to keep buying new games to understand it all. No thanks square/enix. I'm smarter then you give me credit for. I liked times of old where each FF was a self contained  story and  you could enjoy each game on its individual merits.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #47 on: August 11, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »
Quote from: nightsavior;4354
I liked times of old where each FF was a self contained  story and  you could enjoy each game on its individual merits.

That sentence actually made me a little sad. This is one thing the FFs have always been famous for, and they're even changing that?

RIP

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #48 on: September 03, 2007, 08:36:10 PM »
Quote from: Lycanthroat;4368
That sentence actually made me a little sad. This is one thing the FFs have always been famous for, and they're even changing that?

RIP

Well they started doing away with that when they made a direct sequel to FF10, came out with Advent Children, and added to that pile with Dirge of Cerebus. I'm not trying to imply every sequel is bad but as I said each FF game used to be a complete self contained epic saga with no weird spin offs.

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #49 on: September 03, 2007, 08:52:08 PM »
They want to milk the cash cows

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #50 on: September 03, 2007, 09:32:54 PM »
Yeah. Not that I didn't think Advent Children was awesome eye candy mind you. I don't know  what to think of Dirge of Cerebus because I haven't played  it. Know if it is any good Neao?

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #51 on: September 03, 2007, 10:18:30 PM »
I've played DoC,even though it was short.I thought it was pretty good.

Nothing grand or "freakin' awesome",but it was decent,in my opinion.Everyone else disagrees,or thinks it was such a waste.Regardless,I still enjoyed it,even if it was short.

I'm more relieved with the fact,they didn't kill Vincent's image as a character,we got to learn more about him,they decided to expand his role even further than just being some "optional character",besides the fact of being the main character of his own game of course,there was also Chaos that helped his story to be expanded.

That's basically the good points I liked in this game,even if it was short...the way I see it,you can only do so much for a character who didn't have that much to do in the first game,without overdoing it in this one,y'know?

Other fans believe that the story could have been better or well written I guess some might say... ...overrall,I think it was put together nicely.I mean,it could have been the worse plot ever.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #52 on: September 04, 2007, 06:25:38 AM »
I figured as much Enid. DOC sounds much like Parasite Eve 2. I thought it was a great game but just because Square had taken a risk by doing a survival horror shooter/rpg hybrid a lot of the "hardcore fans" made a big stink about it. Some of the people that bitch SE does nothing but generic rpgs need to realize they're to blame. Why? Because each time the company tried doing something a bit different,innovative, or mature themed hardly anyone would support it. I even liked Bouncer though it would have been much cooler if there had been a two player co-op mode. However it did come out early on the system as a "first gen" PS 2 title before programmers knew how to do much with what they were given.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 06:43:16 AM by nightsavior »

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #53 on: September 04, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »
Personally,I think the controls and the gameplay could have been better in DoC,but trying something new never hurt.

Yeah I remember Bouncer,I watched my friend play it,she liked it.

Kryuzei

View Profile Email
Kryuzei phones it in,
 « Reply #54 on: September 05, 2007, 05:20:50 AM »
The bad thing about cerberus ---> Camera + Shooting mode #_#

So. . It is not an illusion after all. . It's. .Really. . Hurts. . . Isn't it. .?

Kryuzei has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
 « Reply #55 on: September 05, 2007, 11:43:02 AM »
Well SE has made rpgs so long jumping to something else out of the blue was  likely difficult on the programmers. No offense but to me the game looked like a Devil May Cry rip off. Not that I don't think Vincent is cool. He was one of my favorite characters from FF7.

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #56 on: September 05, 2007, 12:04:21 PM »
That's what a lot of people said when it first came out,it was a DMC ripoff.

I dunno...personally,I had more control with Dante than I did with Vincent.But for the camera,as Kryuzei stated,it wasn't fun trying to work with it while aiming.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: