DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 17, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII (Read 43338 times)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 12:18:25 PM »
That's just how I see it...even the members on another forum I visit,enjoyed 12.So that's why I said,"one of the few",I don't see many who disliked 12.

I am interested in 13 though,this one looks to catch my interest than 12 did when it was first announced.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 12:27:59 PM »
FFXIII is the anti FFXII to me. It's full of itself, flashy for no reason, and looks stupid.

The FFXIII universe will last 10 years? Are you really serious, Square Enix? We don't even know if we're going to like FFXIII's universe and they're saying it's going to last 10 years. It's so silly. On top of that, it looks like Advent Chidlren in game form. Advent Children is horrible. I think the final straw that broke the camel's back was learning that Shiva turns into a MOTORBIKE.

This is what happens when you let Tetsuya Nomura make a game instead of being an art slave.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:30:27 PM by Himuro »

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 12:39:49 PM »
I had heard about that 10 year run of 13 a while back,it is...pretty ridiculous.

But it doesn't surprise me Square Enix would come up with a stupid idea like that.

aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 02:38:39 PM »
I thought Advent Children was cool. I haven't played XII yet, but it probably could've been better, the main guy behind it left in the middle of development.

XIII is flashy for no reason? Trailers are flashy so it'll attract attention and hype people up so they'll shell out $600 for a console.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 02:55:39 PM »
FF13 looks bloated. The trailers where more focused on the frothing fanboys (females doing somersaults in skimpy outfits - check) than actually showing some gameplay. It seems the more money SE gets, the lesser the quality of the games. FF12 sucked arse, FF11 was a catastrophe (made much less money than they expected) for SE and Advent Children was a waste of time. Sure it was nice, but why not remake FF7? It's what SE seems to like doing best - remaking things. FF7 has various holes in it anyway - it had numerous sidequests and the such taken out before release so why not make it for a next gen console? It'd make SE truckloads of dosh which seems to be the only thing they care about these days.

On another note - are you telling me the PS3 is $600 in the US? Over here, the PS3 retails for about £450 - thats nearly $900.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 03:41:20 PM »
It's 500, it just dropped price.

And we get how much you dislike SE already

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 03:47:11 PM »
Think that's what the FF7 Compilation is for...use FF7,then branch it out into different stories.

I'm all up for a FF7 remake,but it seems the FF7 side stories are to come first.I don't really see the point to it,besides the fact anything with FF7 slapped on there,means instant cash for them.

From what I can tell...and just by the fact that,SE picked FF7 out of all the other FF titles to expand the series,it would seem that FF7 made more of an impact than any other.

Whether you believe this to be fact,opinion,false or a load of crap..is all up to you;I'm just going by what has been shown to us.

Yes I do believe the PS3 was at 600,atleast when I bought mine at the beginning of this year.There was a recent price drop stated a while back.

Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 04:51:03 PM »
I agree. FF7 was pretty big back when it was released. But it was 10 years ago - to be honest, I'm a little tired of all the FF7 spin-offs and the like. I'd rather they focus all their attempts on FF13 or 14. If SE did that, then a truly amazing game would come about (hopefully). Square and Enix were both awesome companies as I've said, so I'm truly at a loss for why their latest games have been somewhat lacking.

Wow - PS3 has already had a price drop :corkysm17

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 05:03:28 PM »
The 60 gb bundle is $500, but it's expected to be phased out by the fall, with the $600 80gb Motorstorm bundle taking its place.

If SE remade FFVII for the PS3, it would give me the final boost needed to go out and pick a PS3 up.  

Quote from: Lycanthroat;4143
FF13 looks bloated. The trailers where more focused on the frothing fanboys (females doing somersaults in skimpy outfits - check) than actually showing some gameplay.

http://www.nivel22.com/wp-content/images/juegos/f/Final_Fantasy_XIII/reducidas/Final_Fantasy_XIII_Versus_mini__9_.jpg

Her clothing doesn't looked that skimpy to me (heh, by my standards) and the game barely made any progress when it was shown (it was only 13% done last time the media checked up on it), plus it was just a CG Trailer, so how can you expect them to show any final gameplay mechanics?

I agree that Square Enix games haven't been good (was very disappointed in KH2) but I usually reserve final judgment on all upcoming games until I've actually played them myself.

Stack Bundles
too dark to see tomorrow

View Profile Email
Stack Bundles phones it in,
 « Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 05:29:52 PM »
Quote from: Himuro;4134
Shiva turns into a MOTORBIKE.

LOL You serious?

[INDENT]Sunset glazed...[/INDENT]

Stack Bundles has 189 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 05:42:28 PM »
Yeah dude. She can turn into a motorcycle and aid the player.

Final Fantasy is done.

nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 03:55:29 PM »
I enjoyed FF-12 but I accept people are divided about that game. I liked the new battle system.license system, and the depature from angsty love sick teens, spikey haired guys with amnesia,mother obcessed villians,and the usual  "it is either completly good or completly evil!" approach. I'm not trashing FF 7 and FF 10. They were great rpgs but they didn't really hold my interest as long as FF4,FF6,FF tactics, and FF 12.

FF 13? Would it get me points docked if I said I'm not even remotely excited? I like girls in skimpy clothing doing somersaults sure but my interest of where FF is going as  a franchise has died out. Shiva turning into a motorcycle? WTF?! As if being a hot scantily clad ice woman summoned to do someone else's bidding isn't degrading enough...

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #42 on: August 10, 2007, 05:21:24 PM »
No. In fact, you get points added in my book.

FFXIII looks horrible. First FF I've ever not been excited for in my 10 years of being a fan. I think that's a sign!

aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: August 10, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »
I wonder if Bahamut turns into an airplane. >_>

nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #44 on: August 10, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »
Seems like they realized "Transformers" would hit it big again so tried modifying a similiar concept. Don't think I don't love transforming robots...but transforiming espers?! Er, that's far fetched even for my kooky imagination to grasp. By now I guess  it is all about trends and making money. I can't critique a company for wanting to make a profit but FF-13 seems to be the beginning of the end for square/enix now all their good  ideas are exhausted.

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: