DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:56:45 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona conversion to HERO system (Read 11537 times)
pointyman2000

View Profile WWW Email
pointyman2000 phones it in,
 « on: March 27, 2006, 04:33:11 AM »
Hi guys,

First time poster to the boards here.  If anyone here is interested, I put up some conversion notes for playing a pen and paper rpg version of Persona using the HERO system.

If anyone is interested, you can check it out in the HERO games website forum via this link.

Oh, while I'm here, I'm planning to run a Persona campaign for my gaming group using the system I linked to above.  Do you guys have any ideas for what might make a good scenario for it?

pointyman2000 has 4 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 04:37:55 PM »
Honestly, I never played a traditional pen and paper RPG in my life, but this caught my attention for obvious reasons. You certainly put a lot of work into it. I have to admit at certain points it kind of went over my head since I'm not familiar with this system, lol.

As for senarios, were you just thinking about sticking to something similar to the last few games? In the sense of, say, average students stuck in an extraordinary situation... or are you thinking about breaking out of that?

Sorry for the late reply on this. :buh:

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
pointyman2000

View Profile WWW Email
pointyman2000 phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 07:01:49 PM »
No problem. :)

I'm open to pretty much any scenario, really.  I was thinking of sticking to the ones presented in the last few games.  The idea of being adolescents or  young adults is a core part of the Persona premise of self-discovery.

I'd love to get any input on what would make good urban legends / rumors I could populate the setting with.

pointyman2000 has 4 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 11:51:54 AM »
Constrution site mishap during the building of a corporation. Serveral people died during a misfire of explosives. The foreman tried to sue but big business beat him by throwing around money.

With not only the guilt of losing his fellow friends and coworkers, having to explain the situation family by family drove home the fact the he really let them down or so he thought. During this he went through bouts with drinking, gambling and lewd crimes.

So much so that it eventually drove away his family. As his last resort he snuck into the building and decided that the ultimate sacrifice would be necessary to shut it down and avenge his friends' deaths. He hung himself in the main atrium in the hallway before the President of the corporations' office.

But while he had just jumped he did not know the president was there. Instead of showing pity the businessman began taunting him instead. Even going so far as telling him the reason behind the 'accident' which was that he did not feel like being bothered with expenses like healthcare and time management.

So if they were all dead it wouldn't be his responsibility and thanked him for 'finishing the job'. Furious the dying man tried to get at him but his own plan backfired against him. He died with the truth and the fury that had grown inside of him.

The experience was swept under rug publicly and it was said the foreman skipped town. You couldn't poke your nose into it without it being swung at. Time passed and the secret died with the president.

His kids had to take over the company even though they were still in high school. His son Kazeki and his daughter Tomiyu (strange name I know.) They had just came back from living in the states after hearing the news.

They enrolled in a private school called St.Hermelin High. Where they heard interesting and disturbing rumors of their fathers' business. Including one about a guy who hung himself in the building in order to get back at their father and that on the same day of the week that he hung himself the exact time the spirits surrounding that place grow violent and actually caused two deaths.

They blew these off as school digest until one night they were late going to a party and the clock struck at the rumored hour on that day. The room went chill and hot at the same time. Both of them were starting to get the idea that some rumors shouldn't be ignored.

Almost too late they barely escaped with their lives unsure of what happened but obviously afraid of it and then started looking into things. During this time they made another friend one who had a sad story. It was about how his dad had abandoned them. Behind a freak accident at his old job...

I borrowed a bit from the persona premise and I know it sounds a bit cornball. But... tell me what you think anyway ok?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 04:17:36 AM by Soulless_Beast »

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
granitor

View Profile Email
granitor phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 06:17:07 PM »
The story mentioned sounds workable.

Another alternative is to use the stories from SMT: 1, 2, or If (or some part thereof), which you can find in the walkthrus (e.g. on gamefaqs, although I guess they might be on he website for this forum too) as a base. You could also make up backstories for characters, for example, the Hero's Mother in SMT 1, or the Doctor Next Door (the Heroine's Father). I've always wondered why the doctor doesn't work a the hospital, for example (maybe he does... I've played very little of the game so far...).

granitor has 4 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Fenrir
Cherubim

View Profile Email
Fenrir phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 05:11:16 PM »
I normally hate P&P RPG's, but this sounds intriguing.

Fenrir has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:59:43 PM »
This one is for pointyman 2000!
I can help you with that, I'm making a manga of Persona right now, of course it has a lot of repeated things like te 7 Sisters HS, some demons, some personas, and some familiar characters, or some releated to them, but I guess is a good material.

But it is just my opinion!
Anyway, I will give you a little help, but I'll need that we talk each other in the messenger, if you are interested, you can talk with me, this is my mail:
personauser@hotmail.com

So if you are interested, or someone else in the bbs, about my manga or the story, you can talk with me. But let me tell you first, it is not finished yet, and probably you will not like it, but like they say: "If you dont try, you dont know!"

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
minotaurus
Persona User

View Profile Email
minotaurus phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »
Haha! Its funny i dont know anything of RPGs in paper and i know lots of persona. How inconvinient. If i knew i would join you pointyman2000.

minotaurus has 43 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: