DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:16:28 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: nirvana.digitaldevildb.com (Read 14964 times)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « on: October 15, 2008, 12:46:00 AM »
It'll take me some time to wade through it all but this:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/nirvana/index.html

has quite a bit of inaccuracy.  It's looking like a large majority of it needs to be rewritten.  Much of it is completely speculative if not inaccurate and organized poorly.  I'm not entirely sure how that page is affiliated with us to begin with.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:55:54 PM by DevilRy »

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 12:56:09 AM »
I'm pretty certain this used to be accessible via: nirvana.digitaldevildb.com

I didn't even know you could get at it at that address, or that it even existed there. It was a time capsule of a site abandoned by a user named Argilla (sp?) from what I've noticed here and there.

I'll split posts about this soon obviously.

I think in a news post Tony claimed it should always be accessible at that address, but obviously it hasn't been sense Jose took over (presumably the same time the server was moved) because a subdomain hasn't been setup for it yet. I suppose Jose should take care of that (he's the only one that can)

For now, I'll move all that under tony/ when I get a chance...

PS: How'd you even find it confused

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 01:04:35 AM »
I was searching for any sort of art related to DDS, so Google.  For a minute there I was horrifying myself that that was all of our articles for DDS.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:22:33 AM »
I wonder how Google got there confused

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 07:28:35 PM »
I wouldn't necessarily say it's "abandoned" as I still link it from my personal domain(if I abandoned it, I wouldn't even care for it anymore). It's just not updated anymore and Tony allowed me to have it hosted on his site since I didn't want to throw it off from the face of the internet. Um, about the accuracy of information, it's mainly due to the fact I've played the JP version(but yes, some of it IS accurate, but like you said "poorly organized". A lot of the information was also taken from the JP guidebooks and weren't really elaborated in the game).

I actually plan to do something with it(new layout, revised information, better quality scans, etc.) and wanted it to be uh, a surprise? But since it was mentioned here, I felt I should speak out about it due to the confusion of why the site exist on DDDatebase. I'll get to fixing it eventually but eh, I'm busy with life/school atm.^^;

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »
I've only played the Japanese versions as well, there just is a lot of stuff in there that seemed off to me content-wise.  The more I read through it I do realize it's more organizationally off than inaccurate though, sorry for the misunderstanding.  sweatdrop 

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 08:39:06 PM »
It's alright, I hope I didn't come off as bitchy or anything. (But then again, I think the reason for that is over the stress of schoolwork.) Though I agree on how the site is organized. I started to show some interest in the series again and as I was checking the site, I did realize everything was pretty much everywhere(there's also some missing information that I should have put up).

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »
Shall I go through the trouble then to get nirvana.digitaldevildb.com back up? Or is the /nirvana address ok?

I only ask because it is like pulling teeth to get Jose to do something, and you're lucky if he ever answers mail, and it usually comes back months later doh

The normal way to setup an independent html subdomain might be too elaborate. But there might be an easy way to just have the name resolve to the nirvana directory.

PS: I guess I better not move it under the tony/ directory then.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:46:56 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 08:48:20 PM »
Question: Does anyone knows the reason why DDS has 7 strategy guides? They are all the same but with different cover? or do they are totally different one from another?

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 11:13:05 PM »
yksehtniycul, either way is alright. I'm just concerned whether or not the username and password to access my site on here is the same. I think since the sub-domain account is gone, it probably won't work. XD;

Emilio, the cover with Argilla only reads to a certain point of the first game, the cover with Cielo was concerning one dungeon plus the extra bosses(I think, I'll have to look again) for the first game, the cover with Heat and the other with Gale are two part master/complete guides for the first game, the cover with Roald(Roland) also reads to a certain point of the second game, the cover with Jenna is a complete guide for the second game, and the cover with Seraph is a fanbook(not a fanbook as in made by fans but an official one...if that made sense? Lol.)

All this game needs now is a freakin' artbook full of Kaneko's work as well as all the 3D models used in the game. D:

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 11:21:06 PM »

Emilio, the cover with Argilla only reads to a certain point of the first game, the cover with Cielo was concerning one dungeon plus the extra bosses(I think, I'll have to look again) for the first game, the cover with Heat and the other with Gale are two part master/complete guides for the first game, the cover with Roald(Roland) also reads to a certain point of the second game, the cover with Jenna is a complete guide for the second game, and the cover with Seraph is a fanbook(not a fanbook as in made by fans but an official one...if that made sense? Lol.)

Oh!!! I see, that's interesting! Now it makes sense. Thanks for letting me know, I was a little confused with all that. Just imagine that you will have 7 equal strategy guides it's ridiculous @_@

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 11:22:26 PM »
All this game needs now is a freakin' artbook full of Kaneko's work as well as all the 3D models used in the game. D:

So so so true!  It's like he's keeping the art for DDS a secret or something.

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 03:50:49 AM »
Emilio - Haha, if they were the same strategy but with different covers, I still would have gotten them. *loves DDS too much* XD;

DevilRy - I bet he is! I'm wondering what art the next Kaneko Works volume. I remember reading at some JP site a few years back that the Persona and Devil Summoner games would be featured before any of the DDS art would show up. Doesn't make sense though considering several of the Persona and DS art were released in his earlier books. Maybe there's new art we have yet to see?

cow cow cow cow cow cow cow cow cow cow

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »
DevilRy - I bet he is! I'm wondering what art the next Kaneko Works volume. I remember reading at some JP site a few years back that the Persona and Devil Summoner games would be featured before any of the DDS art would show up. Doesn't make sense though considering several of the Persona and DS art were released in his earlier books. Maybe there's new art we have yet to see?

Yeah, his wikipedia page says IV is going to be Devil Summoner stuff.   enemykd-tomato

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%87%91%E5%AD%90%E4%B8%80%E9%A6%AC

Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 03:34:57 AM »
Oh poo...!!!

Oh well, it's not like I dislike the art in Devil Summoner or anything. XD; I look forward to it and at least we'll get to see some new demon designs since the last book didn't include them all.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: