DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:06:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo DS (Read 21398 times)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »
 rolleyes

I'm not arguing anything either. On my last post I was basically agreeing with you as to why someone would think that they may have a shot without knowing some of what has been said by Atlus elsewhere.

I'm not sure I can agree with you about the localization. Your rationale seems a tad elitist -- and I hate using that term. It kind of reminds me of the prevalent mentality around the old Haven prior to Nocturne being announced for a stateside release. 

Anyway (this is a tad off topic), I hope that this doesn't come off the wrong way as it isn't meant as an insult, but I wonder if some people are hesitant to come back or join here because the mood seems much more combative (maybe in a much more passive aggressive way than say the Haven) now than it did when I initially joined back in 2005.

I appreciate all of the work you have done to resurrect this place, but I can't help being put off by the tone of the conversation from time to time.....such as the time I supported some of your tinkering and I basically got lambasted. For what I still don't understand. Yeah, I know you have said it isn't personal or it isn't your intention, but it can still be quite grating. Blah.....anyway, dumb rant............

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 06:58:22 PM »
My position is I have the right to be myself and the administrator at the same time. As long as I do the job, there is no reason I have to pretend to be someone I'm not as some sort of PR stunt.

People probably aren't coming back because there just isn't a whole heck of a lot of interest. If people aren't coming back because of my personality, they're just being stupid and disrespectful of the community. I mean that in all seriousness, and I have a right to hold that opinion. And this after all a social institution.

I can also have an opinion about these games, while being objective about the handling of the website at the same time. I am an adult after all rolleyes

If you don't like the way the site is being developed/managed, then you need to involve yourself in the process.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:02:16 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 07:12:30 PM »
I appreciate all of the work you have done to resurrect this place, but I can't help being put off by the tone of the conversation from time to time.....such as the time I supported some of your tinkering and I basically got lambasted. For what I still don't understand. Yeah, I know you have said it isn't personal or it isn't your intention, but it can still be quite grating. Blah.....anyway, dumb rant............

You didn't get lambasted, you just never could tell whether I was referring to you or QBasic smug

As for the site tinkering, I don't do it for personal reasons. In fact I'm loathed to work on the site more less. But the site has a mess of very real technical issues, which just can't be addressed without spilling some milk.

PS: Give us some street cred and join the moderators ranks already cool

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:14:48 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: