DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:03:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with your Demonary? (Read 107038 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #90 on: December 19, 2008, 01:47:26 PM »
If you know how to comb the sprites, then tell us how so someone can find him...

"Combine"? Sorry, I don't understand "comb".

Anyway, If you want I can redo the image search once again, maybe I didn't save that specific sprite you're asking for.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #91 on: December 19, 2008, 05:00:38 PM »
Comb just means like combing your hair, only not aroused

Just do whatever you can do, and then do some more if you don't mind wink

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #92 on: December 19, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »
Comb just means like combing your hair, only not aroused

Just do whatever you can do, and then do some more if you don't mind wink

Ok, I'll see what I can do wink

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #93 on: December 19, 2008, 09:51:06 PM »
This time I did something a little bit different, I save ALL the images that the software displayed, not just the spell sprites, one by one or something like that, but in response to that I have a folder of 104 MB approximately, you will find A LOT of repeated images in there but maybe you'll end up finding the image you're looking for.

Give me a little bit of time, because I will upload the folder as a 2 or 3 parts file, once I finish uploading it, I'll post the link.  smug

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #94 on: December 20, 2008, 12:49:35 AM »
why don't you try combing thru it. Freyr is the Persona in the Red toga outfit holding a tree branch or something. At any rate, I have the card from your stuff, but not the animation sprites.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #95 on: December 20, 2008, 01:31:42 AM »
I've been driving myself completely insane trying to match this persona up with any conceivable known figure:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/demonary/velvet-room/persona/lightbox/?presentation=English&persona=147

I swear if such a thing exists, it is undocumented on the internet. The only loose lead is this entry here:

フウタイ(Futai)  出身地:中国
 風泰。河南省にある首陽山に住むと伝えられる吉祥神。虎の尾を持った人の姿をしており、天地を動かし暴風雨を起こす能力を持つ

But best I can figure is this is pure bullshit. If such a description exists in some old chinese book, it isn't yet on the internet. There are similar concepts in Thai Himmapan mythology... the Rajasri (lions) and there is even a Liger, but the stuff doesn't match this guy conceptually at all.

The only remaining lead is really my first guess... based on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Tigers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Duties_Unit
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDU

These guys are known in Japan as the Feifuutai, based on the Chinese Fei Hu (flying tiger) + Japanese Tai (force) ...and it's funny if you just clip it to FuuTai, you get the contraction from Fuuraingu Taigazu (the Japanese never let a good contraction go to waste)

The Persona looks like a tiger, jumps around, even double jumping around invisible walls, and seems to be wearing more modern pants which happen to appear identical to the ones on teh Honk Kong home page:

http://www.specialoperations.com/Foreign/Hong_Kong/Default.htm

It's hard to draw a conclusion... but it seems as close as anything. So I'm basically wondering if this is enough to translate the Persona's name as Flying Tiger? Or perhaps more artfully as Fei Hu? (fitting alongside Bai Hu I suppose)

I found some Japanese chat pages with people wondering what the hell the persona could be. But that's about it.

If I can't find an official identity for it, I'm tempted to call it futai in quotes, or just leave it officially as unknown.

Fei Hu seems acceptable to me, otherwise all my sleuthing about is for not crying

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:35:01 AM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #96 on: December 20, 2008, 08:04:41 AM »
Is this the one?

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #97 on: December 20, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »
Yeah, looks like it hearton

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #98 on: December 22, 2008, 10:56:44 AM »
The database is here for now:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/construction/persona/

There is now a new top level page called "Under Construction" where interesting but incomplete pages like this can be found.

I have all the names translated save fore the Fools, which I'll probably do today sometime. We can try to work out some sort of graphics uploading system now that the names are all known.

I will probably next focus on making the Popup switch personae quicker. For some reason it's really slow, even though it's not generally downloading anything. There is probably definitely a way to make it move faster. Unfortunately at the moment it's a bit more of a burden to use than it is nifty.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:59:02 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #99 on: December 22, 2008, 04:04:25 PM »
On my sister's monitor the stats are clipped on the bottom when you open it up with the slimbox from the demonary page.

What happened to the Tarot Cards btw?  I guess I could resize them all but you'd have to give me a place to upload them to unless you want them stored on photobucket.  I feel like I definitely don't know enough about spreadsheets to be entirely useful, but I could probably help out at least in the graphics department. 

I see what you mean now... FF2 is kicking the left side way down in the middle of the screen (not so much cutting it off) for no reason.... I'll have to figure out what the hell it's thinking. Most likely there is a typo in the html somewhere.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #100 on: December 22, 2008, 04:51:57 PM »
^Ok, fixed... I guess what it was is the older browsers though recognizing divs of partial width, still won't allow them to float to the left or right independently (because the concept of a div intrinsically implies (or did) a vertical divide. I could've changed the divs to tables, but I went ahead and divided everything into two halves, which is a good damage minification measure just in case one side started pushing into the other.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #101 on: December 25, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »
It took me what seemed like a few hours on xmas eve to work it all out... but I happy to announce the Persona popups should now be nearly instantaneous while browsing (depending on your connection speed)

I also fixed a caching bug that would make you sometimes end up on the wrong Persona if you left the popup then opened another.

Lucifer (the last Persona) is broken now popup wise, but I'll have to look into that another day....

There are still a number of interface conveniences I'd like to program in just as soon as I can get around to it.

It's setup to start pre-loading the next Persona asap. So you're more likely to see a loading screen if you try to click thru fast. That should still be up to your connection speed. I'm not positive but it seems like the background/images don't start loading until they're visible. That is logical, but I'll have to see if you can't force them to do otherwise. Also there needs to be a way to manually refresh the Persona info from the popup screen if possible. And there are other more involved prefetching strategies that would speed up browsing.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #102 on: December 29, 2008, 08:42:11 AM »
I hate to say it Emilio, but I'm gonna need you to make all the spells in the Persona spreadsheet match the spell names on this page:

http://www.sumarucity.com/megami/wiki/index.php?title=Persona_Name_Changes#Fire

I looked into it, and those names are the correct ones. I'm sorry there are so many different translations on the internet that don't respect the actual names. It isn't just a matter of correctness, but it won't work if the names are wrong (inconsistent)

You can see the actual spell names in these pages:

http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/mirrors/thegia/sites/www.thegia.com/psx/pers/persmedia3a.html

As you can see, basically there are no spaces ever. And Abbreviated names look like MAGUp, DEFDrop, POWReturn, etcetera.

I got frustrated with no one working on the terminology spreadsheet, which is when I noticed. I went ahead and started filling it in:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=piKSlpkg0llAny-VoXNRkKQ&hl=en

Others could do this however. It would make more sense if I spent my time doing stuff others can't doh

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #103 on: December 31, 2008, 06:48:01 AM »
Can I count on you to take the spaces out of the skill names Emilio? It's very important ninja

You could try exporting to .xls, then import it back as a new spreadsheet (to make sure nothing is lost)

If you could isolate those columns, you'd just have to replace all spaces with no spaces, then replace semicolons with a semicolon and a space.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #104 on: December 31, 2008, 10:57:34 AM »
Can I count on you to take the spaces out of the skill names Emilio? It's very important ninja

Yeah! of course! Just give me some time, maybe tomorrow I'll start correcting the names. I will play P4 in a while cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: