DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:54:13 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with your Demonary? (Read 106506 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #75 on: December 10, 2008, 12:46:26 AM »
I dunno, we don't actually have to finish this section before you can start on another -- just as long as you copy the Synonym sections over and design the new database to work with it.

I would prefer we kinda flesh out a database before moving onto others however.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #76 on: December 14, 2008, 08:16:33 AM »
I added skills to the Persona popups. Next I will need to make them change per presentation mode.

More importantly it half way proves the scheme I cooked up for encoding lists of terms in a single database cell. I'm still not sure how it will work in reverse, probably ok (reverse would be for instance looking up Personae with a particular skill or whatever)

For some reason it's a pain in the ass to store multiple values in a database (without making a new database!!)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #77 on: December 15, 2008, 05:00:43 AM »
I added an "advanced options" system to the Velvet Room page:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/demonary/velvet-room/persona/

The options themselves are pretty simple so far... but the system is in place at least!!

I've also dropped the Kali graphics, so the Persona gallery uses whatever graphics are available or nothing now. I uploaded a few backgrounds for some of the ones I could recognize off the top of my head.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:03:03 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #78 on: December 16, 2008, 05:06:23 AM »
I added a number of cool stuff to the popups... most of the stats visible from the in-game analyze screen.

edited: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/demonary/velvet-room/persona/lightbox/?presentation=English&persona=468

The typography tends to come out quite different on Firefox and Google Chrome (even though these two are generally very similar)

Eventually I'm going to use absolute coordinates based on font proportions. Should look much more consistent and scale better (lightbox and all)

PS: If anyone can find me a screenshot of the Revelations Persona analyze screen that would be useful (it spans more than one screen btw)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 05:16:33 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #79 on: December 17, 2008, 07:44:21 AM »
I've been up for 29hrs and I haven't felt tired all day long confused

Just been doing odd stuff... including this just now:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/demonary/velvet-room/persona/lightbox/?presentation=English&persona=13

Good news, translation between releases is in place... bad news, until someone fills in the spreadsheet the values will continue to be unknowable.

I'm sorry, but I'm not doing the data entry. I'll help with translation eventually, but I'm still working towards finishing the Persona names redface

edited: btw, you presently need a Meiryo font installed to view the japanese correctly. Meiryo is the Vista Japanese font of choice afaik.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:50:15 AM by yksehtniycul »

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #80 on: December 17, 2008, 03:56:22 PM »
On my sister's monitor the stats are clipped on the bottom when you open it up with the slimbox from the demonary page.

What happened to the Tarot Cards btw?  I guess I could resize them all but you'd have to give me a place to upload them to unless you want them stored on photobucket.  I feel like I definitely don't know enough about spreadsheets to be entirely useful, but I could probably help out at least in the graphics department. 

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #81 on: December 17, 2008, 06:54:26 PM »
On my sister's monitor the stats are clipped on the bottom when you open it up with the slimbox from the demonary page.

What happened to the Tarot Cards btw?  I guess I could resize them all but you'd have to give me a place to upload them to unless you want them stored on photobucket.  I feel like I definitely don't know enough about spreadsheets to be entirely useful, but I could probably help out at least in the graphics department. 

I'm not sure why it would be clipping. I guess I need to setup a Firefox2 install somewhere regardless. I'm going to completely overhaul the was the typography is generated sometime soon.

There never really were Tarot cards, just hte Kali one I mocked up. I'm not sure what to do with them at this point. I'm leaning towards just using the normal ones (small size) and eventually if someone resizes them have a double size popup showup when the mouse is over the small version. Not sure about positioning yet. It's likely there will be more than one page of information (probably it'll scroll down like in the game)

Now that I've setup a simple arcana based sort on the db page, I'm going to use that to finish renaming the background images. If you wanna help with graphics for a db. The way to do it is to just make a folder with all the graphics, and when you're finished zip them, then put the file somewhere I can download it. Sorry, but that's the best I can come up with for a while. It's probably the best way to go anyhow, unless google has an documents archive type thing similar to the spreadsheet app.

If you really wanna help with the db though, the absolute best thing you could do now is play with the spreadsheet, and add all the standard megaten skills to the second synonym area, agi, bufu, etcetera. They're sorted by romanji, so you don't have to worry about tracking down the Revelations parallel for now (someone else can do that anyway) ...if you wanna do that the last suggested link goes to a page with all the japanese magic in the game (though ordered by Persona -- perhaps you could find a better link)

Once the backgrounds are up and most of the Japanese/English skill names are in place, I'll make the Velvet room area easier to find for browsers.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #82 on: December 17, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
Oh, the skills that are unique to MIP go in the top synonym table which is sorted by Revelations titles. What to do with spells like Garu/Gal is discretionary at this point. If they appear in both areas, it shouldn't be a big deal. Priority goes to the first appearance of the term.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #83 on: December 17, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »
Freyr (Furei Frey = Flare) seems to be missing from your animation sprite catalogue (the card is there)

I'll let you know if I find any more holes (I've just started / am working thru the Magicians)

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #84 on: December 18, 2008, 09:13:26 AM »
Freyr (Furei Frey = Flare) seems to be missing from your animation sprite catalogue (the card is there)

I'll let you know if I find any more holes (I've just started / am working thru the Magicians)

The same happens with some characters pictures (at least in the collection of P2 Batsu), I guess the software I use to ripp the images from the CD is not capable of extract ALL the images and sometimes it displays a lot of repeated images.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #85 on: December 18, 2008, 11:39:08 AM »

The same happens with some characters pictures (at least in the collection of P2 Batsu), I guess the software I use to ripp the images from the CD is not capable of extract ALL the images and sometimes it displays a lot of repeated images.

Well we'll need them all, so figure it out please hearton

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #86 on: December 18, 2008, 07:21:27 PM »

Well we'll need them all, so figure it out please hearton

I'll see what I can do, but I don't promise you anything, like I told you, the software is not capable of extract ALL the images. But let's see what  happens now. geno

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:26:07 PM by Emilio Morales »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #87 on: December 19, 2008, 01:51:08 AM »
No offense, but it's up to you to figure it out. You've come this far, what's the point of maintaining the rips if they're not complete?? Jump on the internet and do your research. Find the sprites manually if you gotta rainbow

newtopic: Btw, is there a name for the two Personae used by bosses? We have the sprites, but no info. At least I'd like to know the name of the character's that used them, and their arcana if at all possible. It's too bad you couldn't obtain these Personae. I wonder if you could with a gameshark (wouldn't be surprised)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:21:01 AM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #88 on: December 19, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »
No offense, but it's up to you to figure it out. You've come this far, what's the point of maintaining the rips if they're not complete?? Jump on the internet and do your research. Find the sprites manually if you gotta rainbow

I'm doing what I can, I already did a lot with providing the whole sprites for the spells, Personas, demons, characters, etc. It's not my fault that the software doesn't display all the images, and right now I don't have time to sit and search for the 1 or 2 missing spell sprites in the net.

If you know of a software to ripp images from games, then let me know, but for now I can't spend the whole morning searching for a single image.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #89 on: December 19, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »
I haven't tried to do anything like that for Aeons.

As much as we appreciate the sprites, we can't really get away with using an incomplete set too easily.

We need Freyr's Persona animation sprite (not just a spell sprite)

That is pretty important in my book.

If you know how to comb the sprites, then tell us how so someone can find him...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: