DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:21:04 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with your Demonary? (Read 107033 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »
There is something up now at:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/demonary/velvet-room/persona/

The database is very small so far, but the links don't go anywhere atm anyway. I will try to add basic sorting options asap, but mostly I'd like to work on the full info popups.

I would setup a P2:Batsu database in the meantime, but we don't even have a P2 info section yet, so there would be nowhere to link to it from really. I will still do that asap anyway, just less of a priority for now...

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »
Looks good so far. And that's the reason why you want them by level smokin I hope I can get my hands with the P1 Demonary asap, but I have too much work in here sick

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
I prefer the spreadsheet be in order by level. The page itself is just a demo however. It will be sortable and able to display any information desired in time... but the default will likely be by level.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 03:59:28 PM »
Once you start filling in the P1 database, I will translate the names into the English columns (you can also just insert these translations http://www.sumarucity.com/megami/wiki/index.php?title=Persona_Name_Changes if you want, but I'll double check them each)

The translated names will be the names of the image files. So I'll also need you (or someone) to make an archive file (compressed directory) will all the card graphics as individual files (lossless gif or png is best -- make sure they look just like the bmp file) which should all have the same name as the English column on the spreadsheet.

I'm going to have to hack the slimbox/lightbox setup to show pages instead of images. Hopefully that will work out ok. In the meantime I'll probably just have the links go to a black background page.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »
Ok, got it! I'm not so sure, but I guess I have the tarot images for P1, I'll look for them in all the backups I've made until now sweatdrop

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 01:25:30 PM »
There, the demonary (only Personas) of Persona1 is like 75% completed. biggrin I just need to add the Japanese names, items, etc.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #51 on: December 04, 2008, 03:49:34 PM »
Awesome, I'll try to take care of the names today... or as many as I can. Thanks for being a trooper hearton

If these ads ever start pulling some weight you'll be sure to get a hefty cut. So far however there hasn't been a ton of clicking going on. Some clicks are worth at least 44cents USD, at most 88cents... many ads are worth nothing or at least 3cents (the no cents ones are public service announcements most likely -- which seem to receive more than half our clicks actually)

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »
Awesome, I'll try to take care of the names today... or as many as I can. Thanks for being a trooper hearton

Don't worry! It's good to be of help around here! firstmate  I will begin to gather all the info I need to begin working with the demonary of Soul Hacker and also I'll look for the tarot images of P1, so I'll let you know about it.  wink

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
Your going to have to correct a few things...

We need the numbers first in the Arcana column. The names don't actually do anything. Otherwise all the Persona are Fools:

http://www.digitaldevildb.com/demonary/velvet-room/persona/?presentation=Revelations&d3-perform=Perusona!

The Japanese you copied into the Non-Compat column is unfortunately just the type of the return item. We don't actually need that info in any columns. Try to match up the info I put in the first few columns with the Fool-est page. These are the skill affinities the Persona can't inherit under any circumstances.

The return items for Revelations should be in the gamefaqs page listed, but I'm not positive they are all there. If not you can use the Japanese items on the Fool-est page. They are the column with 閻魔帳 at the top.

It's not a huge deal now. But the Synonym listing section will eventually have to be filled in as well. This spreadsheet will actually be the master database which other databases (demons, spells, items) will use to synchronize themselves eventually -- in accordance with relational database theory.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 05:50:13 PM »
Ok, I'll take a look at it tomorrow! For now, let me rest 'cuase this thing is exhausting!  goodnight

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 09:43:10 AM »
Ok, the Arcana column has their own respective number and I typed the correct spells for the "Non-Compat" column. I guess you must do something with the configuration cause I don't think the demonary will update automatically by adding new stuff to the spreadsheet.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 02:19:25 PM »
Great! But one last detail... we're gonna need you to change lines like:

破魔・祝福・奇跡

into....

破魔; 祝福; 奇跡

Also the Recipe column is still empty... it is very important. But no big rush. Keep it up...

PS: Oh yes, I'm kinda got the lightbox style popups working, but there are still some kinks to work out, and the question of what to put in them (all info of course, but how??)

Getting a page to load in the lightbox box was an all evening programming job, as is a lot of stuff I do for the website. I don't mind so much as I'm learning state-of-the-art internet technologies along the way.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 03:39:40 PM »
Great! But one last detail... we're gonna need you to change lines like:

破魔・祝福・奇跡

into....

破魔; 祝福; 奇跡

Ok, I'll take care of that asap.

Also the Recipe column is still empty... it is very important. But no big rush. Keep it up...

I'll keep it in mind, but I'll be working on the semicolon thing for now, so this will have to wait.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 11:54:32 PM »
I have a system in place for graphics. Basically the Persona's graphic file should be the same as the "English" name, that is the unofficial translation. Except odd accented letters should be replaced with whatever letter from the alphabet they look most like, and spaces and apostrophes should be replaced with dashes, ie. Shōmen-kongō becomes Shomen-kongo, and Cú Chulaind becomes Cu-Chulaind. The file type is less important, whatever you have is fine, but they should all be the same. Eventually I'd like .png files however.

The popup system is working on supported browsers (edited: well IE is lagging behind as usual) ...but I haven't worked out the all info page yet. I still have to finish translating many of the names, and eventually all of the spells, items, and affinities, etcetera will have to be translated. Truthfully someone else is going to have to do the bulk of translation in the future, I just can't do it all... I can really only check it for accuracy once fully sourced.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 12:06:02 AM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #59 on: December 06, 2008, 01:01:46 AM »
Wow, it looks cool. I can bet you that once it has images and all the info in place, that thing will look just awesome!! aroused

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: