DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:07:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (Read 83725 times)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #60 on: December 31, 2007, 11:47:03 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6361
You guys should've just bought it new when it came out.

I know ;_;

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Vamos

View Profile Email
Vamos phones it in,
 « Reply #61 on: January 02, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »
Reading these posts makes me very glad I found my copy going for £15 second hand. I should be fortunate I have a good game shop relatively near me; It's the same shop where I found Digital Devil Saga 1 going for roughly £20.

I named my protagonist Adrian Dolores >_>

Vamos has 1 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
CountDofChinatown
Crazed Petstore Owner

View Profile Email
CountDofChinatown phones it in,
 « Reply #62 on: January 02, 2008, 04:38:24 PM »
The price of Nocturne on ebay is pretty sickening. You should rent it from gamefly, and discreetly keep it forever.

CountDofChinatown has 56 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #63 on: January 02, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »
Quote from: CountDofChinatown;6420
The price of Nocturne on ebay is pretty sickening. You should rent it from gamefly, and discreetly keep it forever.

It seems to be going for as much, if not more, than Suikoden 2 on eBay. Though, at least with Shin Megami Tensei 3 you're getting your money's worth. Suikoden 2 is just awful, and totally not worth more than like, $25. I don't advise anyone pay more than $50 for Shin Megami Tensei 3, though. No video game is worth more than that. People on eBay are out of their goddamned minds.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
KoolestLoser
Harmonixer

View Profile Email
k00lestloser
KoolestLoser phones it in,
 « Reply #64 on: January 02, 2008, 10:46:44 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6421
It seems to be going for as much, if not more, than Suikoden 2 on eBay. Though, at least with Shin Megami Tensei 3 you're getting your money's worth. Suikoden 2 is just awful, and totally not worth more than like, $25. I don't advise anyone pay more than $50 for Shin Megami Tensei 3, though. No video game is worth more than that. People on eBay are out of their goddamned minds.

Makes me happy that I bought Nocturne when it first came out, I'm just sorry I didn't do the same with DDS 1 & 2.  Now I'm looking for a reasonable price, but I'm afraid I'll end up paying through the ears if I don't find it at local game stores.

Scratch four so far.  =/

KoolestLoser has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
CountDofChinatown
Crazed Petstore Owner

View Profile Email
CountDofChinatown phones it in,
 « Reply #65 on: January 03, 2008, 07:44:19 PM »
A friend of mine is a huge, wait H-U-G-E, Suikoden II fan. Back when he first beat it I listened to weeks of pre hype. So when he placed it in my paws I was super excited. But after an hour or so I turned off the ps1. I understand that rpg plots occassionally take hours for the story to kick in, but Suikoden IIs plot was so by the books. Main character and best friend fighting an empire. Check. Seperated from best friend later to become rival. Check. A mysterious girl. Check. It was a little too much for me. Rpgs for me dont have to be incredible original, see the standout Grandia, but do something different!

I havent found a copy of Nocturne yet, but I will eventually and at a low price. The only rpg I have been giddy enough to pay a high fee was Panzer Dragoon Saga. My saturn was getting no love and I had Dragoon 1 and Zwei so, yep. I bought it five years ago for around 80 bucks and have yet to regret it. Though it hasnt aged super well, ugh I hate the language the characters speak.  angry

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 07:46:21 PM by CountDofChinatown »

CountDofChinatown has 56 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #66 on: January 07, 2008, 08:13:06 PM »
Quote from: CountDofChinatown;6444
A friend of mine is a huge, wait H-U-G-E, Suikoden II fan. Back when he first beat it I listened to weeks of pre hype. So when he placed it in my paws I was super excited. But after an hour or so I turned off the ps1. I understand that rpg plots occassionally take hours for the story to kick in, but Suikoden IIs plot was so by the books. Main character and best friend fighting an empire. Check. Seperated from best friend later to become rival. Check. A mysterious girl. Check. It was a little too much for me. Rpgs for me dont have to be incredible original, see the standout Grandia, but do something different!

That's probably why Suikoden II felt like such a huge disappointment. I was expecting this epic adventure since everyone spoke of it as if it was the greatest RPG of all time, and what I got was something that couldn't even rival the first Suikoden game. It was boring. I kept waiting for the story to pick up, and it never did. It's too bad such an awesome villain like Luca Blight was wasted on such a boring and overrated video game. I also couldn't stand how homoerotic Jowy was. Konami was probably trying to appeal to the female crowd, but all it did was annoy the hell out of me.

Quote from: CountDofChinatown;6444
I havent found a copy of Nocturne yet, but I will eventually and at a low price. The only rpg I have been giddy enough to pay a high fee was Panzer Dragoon Saga. My saturn was getting no love and I had Dragoon 1 and Zwei so, yep. I bought it five years ago for around 80 bucks and have yet to regret it. Though it hasnt aged super well, ugh I hate the language the characters speak.  angry

Sega needs to figure out a way to get Panzer Dragoon Saga out to the [English-speaking] masses. Xbox Marketplace or the PlayStation Network is probably our best bet. Or, packing it in with a new Panzer Dragoon game, kind of like what they did with Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Also, I enjoy the fictional language. I like that the developer actually put some effort into creating the language, and that it's not just a bunch of gibberish. I'm glad Team ICO took the same route in using a fictional language for their fictional universe.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #67 on: January 07, 2008, 08:28:49 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6489
It's too bad such an awesome villain like Luca Blight was wasted on such a boring and overrated video game.

The battle with Luca Blight was awesome, just to prepare your 3 (3? I remember they were 3 teams, was long ago u.u) teams to attack him, I remember I spent the whole night training and gaining exp, so I can kick Luca Blight´s ass quicker. It was really coo, I enjoy the game smug.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #68 on: January 07, 2008, 08:59:45 PM »
Quote from: Heat;6489

Sega needs to figure out a way to get Panzer Dragoon Saga out to the [English-speaking] masses. Xbox Marketplace or the PlayStation Network is probably our best bet. Or, packing it in with a new Panzer Dragoon game, kind of like what they did with Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Heh,that's the one game I have been Dying to play....but couldn't get,due to how high it is on ebay.I remember it being up to 500,or probably more? Don't know what it ranges now.... ..but I have to agree,that would be a great idea if they actually went ahead with doing that.I haven't played Orta though,my last Panzer Dragoon game was Zwei.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Magoda Delacroix

View Profile
Magoda Delacroix phones it in,
 « Reply #69 on: February 06, 2008, 10:11:41 AM »
Amala really does make maniacs worth it. You get chased by Dante, fight Metatron, and talk to Lucifer. Whats not to like?

Magoda Delacroix has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Thanatos
The Blesser of Death

View Profile WWW Email
Thanatos phones it in,
 « Reply #70 on: February 25, 2008, 03:05:03 AM »
It is by far...the greatest RPG have in my collection..I played it the other day, my 5th play though. I was at the Tower of Kata 2 and I just pwned Noah, and then...a Throne instantly kills me. :bs:

Thanatos has 16 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Ashura Dakana

View Profile Email
Ashura Dakana phones it in,
 « Reply #71 on: March 27, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
Nocturne was the first megaten game i ever saw, and i loved it. ive been an rpg fan for years, and nocturne was finally a breath of fresh air from all the "nicey nice get a group of friends and save the world from the nasty man!" cliche you get in most of the famous rpgs like final fantasy and dragon quest. To me, megaten is to final fantasy what battlestar gallactica is to star trek. you thought you knew good, then this comes in and shows you just how wrong you are by showing just how gritty and dark the genre can get, and i loved it.

and my favourite demon has to be Kikuri Hime. i always loved her because i got Mediaramafrom fusing her REAL early in the game, so i could heal back to max in one spell. ahhhhh, the memories

Ashura Dakana has 11 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tapio

View Profile Email
Tapio phones it in,
 « Reply #72 on: April 12, 2008, 06:51:25 AM »
Surely my favorite Megami Tensei game and the only one to be translated into my native language.

I had some question about it, I am just after the Nihilo attack and I must go to the Kabukicho prison. But I tried to fight Daisoujou several times and I didn't manage to kill him. I know he is an optional boss and he has no weak spot, so can I leave him, go to Kabukicho and come back later to beat him??
thank you.

Tapio has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Aleph
Ahsiaor...

MaleView Profile
I dreamt music...
Aleph phones it in,
 « Reply #73 on: September 03, 2008, 05:55:39 AM »
Now, I remember one part of the game very well because it was probably the weirdest atmosphere in the videogame history ever. It's the part in (SPOILER) Mifunashiro where Chiaki and the Divines are slaying the Manikins (near the end of the game). (END SPOILER) I found that part of the game totally bizarre.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:33:11 AM by Aleph »

Aleph has 35 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Kakizaki
Hikaru's wingman

View Profile Email
Kakizaki phones it in,
 « Reply #74 on: September 06, 2008, 06:06:46 PM »
^I know a lot of us have played through this already, but maybe you should mark comments like that with spoiler tags for those that haven't.

Kakizaki has 312 Posts (+12/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: