DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:51:04 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Sponsored Kerberos Klan 「DDDBバベル」 (Read 59500 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: September 27, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »
Seeing as my main character is without a klan atm! I'm going to go ahead and setup a new DDDB klan. My thinking is this one will be called DDDBバベル. The Japanese characters mean Babel, same as Shinjuku Babel, which is where the hometown will be. The "Babel" part is also a play on words of such, referring to the klan chat channel! Basically this will be a no bullshit open chat klan, so Babel seems appropriate (Babel is also a verb, look it up if you don't know it)

Anyone from anywhere is welcome, and free to speak in whatever language they like. Though for now only Japanese and a minimum number of English/Latin characters seem to be available fonts wise (well last I checked)

I'm also planning to make everyone who joins a Sub Master. This way any klan mate can add a player they know / come across to the klan on the spot. Sub Masters can also kick members I think (honestly they shouldn't be able to in my opinion) ...so the only downside is you might get accidentally kicked now and then by a careless Sub Master. If so we'll add you back asap, but please try not to kick players because it momentarily lowers the klan level. No player will be officially kicked for any other reason than spamming complete nonsense into the klan channel at rapid fire speeds for long durations of time. Possibly Sub Masters can't kick other Subs, so we may be all set, but If some player takes it upon themselves to delete everyone but the Master some day, I will have to reconsider the all Sub policy (there wouldn't likely be a way of knowing which player did it afaik)

Finally, this isn't necessarily a temporary klan, but it isn't the DDDBジャンプ(Jump) klan. If there is large demand at some point I'll make the Jump klan again home-towned in 3rd for beginner support. Spill overs from Jump will then have to join Babel (if it ever got to be that popular)

So in conclusion, you'll have to make the journey to Babel in order to join the klan via the Babel Terminals. If someone can see you online (in their friendlist for example) you won't have to. This isn't so hard these days. Around Act 3 or 4 you'll get 5 sample Ariadne's Threads... at that point I recommend homepointing in Babel and using the threads to teleport back to 3rd (they only go to places around 3rd -- 'cause they're samples) ...You might also make the journey before completing Act 3... you're half way there by the time you finish up in the Inugami/Shikigami pass. On the plus side, there are very few Babel klans, so finding the advert should be easy. Also it's much less of a burden to the Master to keep an advert posted in Babel.

I won't be able to make it to Shinjuku until the war event resets itself after Midnight tonight. The Babel klan key is pretty expensive, but I'm pretty well loaded these days, so it shouldn't hurt too much.

In the meantime, please discuss these terms, and let me know how you feel.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 06:16:12 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 06:07:27 PM »
The "Babel" part is also a play on words of such, referring to the klan chat channel! Basically this will be a no bullshit open chat klan, so Babel seems appropriate (Babel is also a verb, look it up if you don't know it)

The Language Arts Nazi in me wont let me let this go...   face15 When spelled "babel," it can only be a noun.  "Babble" is the verb-form, though both spellings can be used to denote idle chatter/talking, but in this case Babel is just a homophone to "babble," though "Babel" is usually pronounced "bay-ble."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?babel002.wav=Babel

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 06:12:05 PM »
But isn't the old trope about the Tower of Babel and all. I think babble is more like baby babbling. I still think babel makes sense... so call it a pun if you prefer (despite the fact the Babel part is in kana so it can swing either way technically!)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 08:42:17 PM »
I pulled five armor tops from the Ueno war lottery. That'll pay for the klan key. The god's smile upon us I guess smokin

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 05:56:46 AM »
Ok, klan is all set... That's about all I can do for now smokin

* DDDBバベル.png (293.54 KB, 801x508 - viewed 1746 times.)

Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
Maverynthia phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 11:06:38 PM »
It'll take me a while to join since I don't think I can make it to Babel yet..much less know where it is...

Maverynthia has 52 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 01:23:44 AM »
Nothing is ever too far away from Babel in IMAGINE. That's why it's an ideal place to park your klan. To get there from 3rd, you just take the only exit out of Suginami into Nakano. Then once in Nakano take the only exit out, and now your in Shinjuku Babel razz

ShinByakki
Persona User

View Profile
ShinByakki phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 06:33:36 AM »
I've been seriously considering joining this Klan but only if there are any active European members or at least members that can play with someone in that timezone.

Thanks. smile

ShinByakki has 110 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 07:07:56 AM »
Well I play during all times wink

I'm just not a super clock puncher player though sweatdrop

The truth is all impromptu klans take a little while to get the ball rolling. I'd bet in the long run of things this klan will end up being tops for players who wanna play on the Japanese servers but also be able to talk to people in English or their close friends in their own language.

So far a handful of people have expressed interest to me about joining and even asked me to set the klan up. But technically the current roster is just me myself and I (spread across a number of alternate characters :)

That said the klan level just feeding off my alts is decent enough to get the core klan bonuses stats wise. Some players will just have to read our klan charter and decide for themselves if it sounds right for them. And be some of the first to step out on the limb and seed the new klan.

I'm happy to play with anyone in the klan if you install gtalk on your computer and just let me know when you feel like playing (I'm available more often than not) ...just PM me your gmail address and I'll add you to my gtalk contacts.

Right now players with alternate characters should consider joining the klan. And if you're already in a klan, I recommend friendlisting as many players that you play with as you can. Then when you change klans you won't loose the people you play with.

If one mid level player joins we should have a klan emblem any day. If two the emblem should be available immediately. I still have one mid-level alt in Globe I might pull out soon to boost the klan's level some more.

Bottom line, unless you have a very close allegiance to the top tier players of a particular klan or have your own small close knit klan, there is no reason you shouldn't join this klan. It's in your best interest hearton

I'd really like to see as many international players as possible. The only problem with the old DDDB klan was it was a little too North American top heavy rainbow

In other words... it's still a little early, but please by all means jump in smokin

You'd be surprised how many will follow once one or two others do smug

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:17:37 AM by yksehtniycul »

Throdax

View Profile
Throdax phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 07:21:05 AM »
Good Morning

Well, I tried to join DDDB just now, but I always get mixed up with the buttons -_- so no ideia if the app whent thru.

Can you check if it whent thru?

Throdax has 11 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 07:22:25 AM »
I'll login just for you and see if you win the first member prize biggrin

Throdax

View Profile
Throdax phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 07:24:36 AM »
Does that imply whining cookies or something of the likes?  biggrin

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
Sorry, try again smug

Don't be embarrassed to send a message with both buttons wink

Or if you hurry and post your game name I'll add you directly!

PS: I'll come up with a prize -- for real...

Throdax

View Profile
Throdax phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 07:26:24 AM »
If I could write kanji (is it kanji?) I would post my name. :)

We could arrange a meeting place in the babel if you are there.

ShinByakki
Persona User

View Profile
ShinByakki phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 07:37:03 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!
I'm sure to look into it, I'm getting really tired of logging everyday and having no one to do dungeon runs with. doh

ShinByakki has 110 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: