DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:31:41 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Article Submissions (Read 9752 times)
kitschy

MaleView Profile
kitschy phones it in,
 « on: October 07, 2008, 04:50:19 PM »
Greetings,

It's great to see DDDB back in action.  It was a great source of information in the past when I was in college. 

I'd like to express my interest in acting as an editor for DDDB.  I have a degree in English with a focus in Comparative World Literature.  I graduated with honors, have experience as an editorial assistant for a major university publication, and have been published numerous times on respected video game websites. 

If you are no longer in need of an editor, then I could lend my skill as a contributing writer.  My background in literature has me considerably familiar with many of the literary, mythical, and religious figures and themes that that appear throughout the Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Digital Devil Saga, and Devil Summoner series.  I could, for example, do occasional articles exploring the source material of said figures and themes and how they appear and fit into a particular SMT game.  The Shakespearean character Oberon from A Midsummer Night's Dream could be explored regarding his representation as a Persona, for instance. 

If you would like to make use of my services in any capacity, please let me know.

Thanks! 

kitschy has 3 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:57:16 PM »
Wow! That sounds really professional! smokin Well of course, D3 is always in search of new users who want to lend their hands to the site. You can help us writing articles of the "missing news" on the front page if you like.

And thanks for volunteering! wink

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
kitschy

MaleView Profile
kitschy phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:16:57 PM »
Sounds crazy professional, I know, but it's all just from experience and trying to have as much fun as possible.  If I took my studying and my writing too seriously I probably would have blown my brains out by now. 

Oh, by "missing news" do you mean posting up news and events pertaining to the SMT series that occurred between late 2007 and the current revamp? 

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:19:24 PM »
Oh, by "missing news" do you mean posting up news and events pertaining to the SMT series that occurred between late 2007 and the current revamp? 

Yeah! We need to update the front page with all the news related to Megaten, since it's been without news since last year. Just let us know if you're willing to do it. wink

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
kitschy

MaleView Profile
kitschy phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 06:22:39 PM »
Yup, yup.

I'd be glad to help.  I'll just e-mail ya whatever I come up with.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
By all means biggrin

Please take on whatever you like. You can write articles, edit articles others write, and if it sounds like something to do... you can help us edit any articles already on the website wink

Once you accumulate some karma I'll look into giving you Wordpress privileges (a Wordpress Editor position is just beneath the administrator, so it would be a very risky position to give to someone casually -- in fact we might have to verify your identity one way or another if that is what you'd like to do)

In the meantime it shouldn't be difficult to post articles to the forums, either as posts or attachments. Please reserve this thread for nearly completed articles. Since you'd like to be an editor you can probably manage your own editing in advance smokin

edited: I went ahead and split this topic from the sticky submission thread. That thread isn't the place for casual posting ok rainbow

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:37:16 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 06:31:41 PM »
Sounds crazy professional, I know, but it's all just from experience and trying to have as much fun as possible.  If I took my studying and my writing too seriously I probably would have blown my brains out by now. 

Yes we do, however news is not the same thing as an article. News is more like blogging (very brief blogging) which can link to a longer article.

Technically news is kinda managed in the Find Your Voice forum. But this is the general site dev forum, so it's ok to discuss here. But if you have a news article, or a collection -- we actually have an official retro-news system setup now sort of... it is better you introduce it in the Find Your Voice forum.

As for announcing new articles via the news system, we haven't given much thought to that. More likely readers will have to visit the site to discover new articles (rather than watching the RSS feed)

PS: The articles are kinda in an odd limbo between the new site structure and the old. We will make all new articles visible from the front page however for now until I work everything out. Well in general new articles will always be visible on the front page I guess (until they become old articles)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:33:53 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »
Do you wanna help us migrate articles to the Wordpress database? It's not intellectual work, but it's a chance to demonstrate your commitment, and we will probably surely need the help doh

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: