DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:25:32 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite game franchises outside of Megaten? (Read 85482 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #60 on: March 22, 2009, 07:59:04 PM »
Awesome, looks like maybe you can download it here for now (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22O0DH5X)

Got that here(http://snesorama.us/board/showpost.php?p=175708&postcount=1)

Google returns very few links for the English name. About the only good Japanese resource I can find is here:

http://park3.wakwak.com/~pierrot/est/ (a very good guide)

Official homepage(http://www.hudson.co.jp/gamenavi/gamedb/softinfo/est/)

I think this games is seeing an upsurge in attention due it being available on the Japanese Playstation Network (where I discovered it)

hearton hearton hearton hearton hearton hearton

edited: Was able to find these via that rom post:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:03:11 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #61 on: March 22, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »
More for Castlevania hooligans...

Found this whilst looking for a Castlevania guide on gamfaqs:

http://www.konami.jp/products/dracula_ac/

I love anything first person, and it's starting to look more like Devil May Cry which is a plus in my book (character designs are still goofball though)

This game has not hit Japanese arcades yet afaik.

Castlevania still hasn't really jumped beyond the 2D side scroller format. Maybe something like Mirror's Edge would work for Castlevania?? I think this one might be on rails though, I can't quite tell.

I think Mirror's Edge style play could really work if the game applied some kind of forgiving AI interpreter to your input that adjusted jumping to what it seems like you're aiming for. That way you could have your wild arcade style platforming without infinite frustration (well more than usual at least)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 09:26:03 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #62 on: March 23, 2009, 01:05:20 PM »
^Speaking of arcades, I'm a big fan of Silent Hill and I would love to play the arcade one:

eek

I'm currently playing SH Origins on the PSP and it's getting really good, not as scary as the previous ones (SH1 in special) but is really interesting to play at night! dazed

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 01:06:55 PM by Emilio Morales »

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #63 on: March 24, 2009, 08:47:48 PM »
I think maybe Konami has a bug for these novelty arcade booths eek

I wish I could understand the appeal of SH, but I just don't get what people see in meat-puppets and geometry-headed-men tongue

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #64 on: March 24, 2009, 09:31:57 PM »
^I don't what we see on those things but damn... It sures scares the shit out of me! I like the fear those games give us, the players (the first 3 were just awesome, origins and SH4 more or less and Home Coming really sucks >_>)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:15:05 AM by Emilio Morales »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #65 on: July 11, 2009, 05:56:47 PM »
Continuing with the Castlevania theme...

I've been digging thru a stash of game roms (DevilRy's actually) and I noticed a Megadrive Castlevania game I'd never heard of called "New Generation" ...so I fired up, and I gotta admit, this might be my favorite classic gameplay Castlevania. The reason I say it might be my favorite, is the controls are very intuitive, plays almost exactly as I expect it to (whereas most Castlevania games before SOTN usually don't control how I want them too -- even though I'm apparently a natural when it comes to palying the games) ...and second point is the monsters are way more interesting design wise than what we get in most games.

Anyway, turns out "New Generation" is actually "Bloodlines" (even though I think according to Wikipedia the game was called Vampire Killer in Japan -- or maybe the article should read Vampire Killer: Bloodlines??)

I have never played this one. Though even while Wikipedia says it's the only Mega Drive Castlevania ever, I swear I remember playing a Castlevania game on my Genesis as a kid. I rented it and wasn't crazy about it. The first level was a lot like the 2nd Super Nintendo game (as I recall it) so it's possible that was the game I actually remember, yet it seems different also. It started with a burning village type first level... I swear it was a Genesis game. I remember it mostly because I didn't like it, and resented paying money to rent it biggrin

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 05:58:51 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #66 on: July 11, 2009, 09:22:56 PM »
Yes it's really good and I do own that title for the Genesis, Bloodlines was really cool, it has some good tracks, the song of the second level was one of the best of the entire game and was even adapted to the "Circle of the Moon" game for the GBA. And about the "New Generation" thing, is that the Bloodlines was the uncut version of New Generation or it was the other way around confused well, something like that.

The only thing I don't like that much about Bloodlines, is that you don't get to play with a Belmont, but other than that, it was a really cool game for the Genesis.

An awesome cover if you ask me. wink

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #67 on: July 12, 2009, 04:20:33 AM »
The whipping boy's upper body is comically large, but playing with the spear really works better perhaps. I like how the invincibility actually lasts long enough to be useful, and the screen kill drop is always in a place where it can really save your ass (or some trouble) if dropped at the right time.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: