DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:53:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look and feel -- Split from: Help us advertise the new board! (Read 18146 times)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « on: September 16, 2008, 03:17:56 AM »
I'll advertise the board, if you put the avatars on the left side again, or at least give us an option to do so, it looks like shit right now.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »
I'll advertise the board, if you put the avatars on the left side again, or at least give us an option to do so, it looks like shit right now.
I'm a little stunned anyone honestly cares about this, but if you gotta, you should bring it up in the site dev forum, not here. This layout is designed to look as nice as possible on as many different displays as possible. It's not supposed to be the best for any one user. We are living in an age were people are using extremely high resolution wide screen displays, and extremely miniaturized mobile devices.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:49:34 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:00:08 PM »
What does that have to do with moving the avatars from left side to the right side? I think it looks like shit now, it's a personal preference, and I'd like it if there was option for users to switch back to the beta instead of having to use this one, not everybody is using extremely high resolution widescreen monitors yet, and like you said the site is suppose to cater to all users.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:03:15 PM by aerozero »

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 02:07:12 PM »
What does that have to do with moving the avatars from left side to the right side? I think it looks like shit now, it's a personal preference, and I'd like it if there was option for users to switch back to the beta instead of having to use this one. 

Again, this isn't the right thread for this ninja (they are better on the right really -- but the reason is a legacy Firefox bug)

Topic Split, more later....

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 02:57:41 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 02:25:13 PM »
I don't have time for this today. However I'll advise you extortion is not going to get you off the ground if you want a change around here. If you're serious, I suggest you begin by articulating what "shit" means to you as far as the post arrangement is presently implemented.

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 01:29:36 AM »
I don't have time for this today. However I'll advise you extortion is not going to get you off the ground if you want a change around here. If you're serious, I suggest you begin by articulating what "shit" means to you as far as the post arrangement is presently implemented.
And I think it's about time you start listening to the community.

You already tried this shit with me before, and made an ass of yourself.

This is not the way to run a website, mate.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 12:55:08 PM »
This isn't "shit". If you wanna make an argument, then do so. If you just wanna hoot and holler you're not going to get anywhere.

One or two people is not a community. Your objection is aired, if others are bothered, they'll support you.

Decisions affecting everyone will be made as they are in a modern free and fair society. I'd advise you to get used to it. This is basic highschool civics.

If you don't understand the situation regarding the post look and feel, then you should start asking questions. If something bothers you, you'll have to explain specifically what it is, and why it does.

As for simply moving the avatars to the left, unfortunately html is way more complicated than it might appear to be conceptually. When I get around to it, I'll put the builtin theme back in the theme selection list. Primarily so anyone complaining about this theme can try the alternative. I couldn't imagine anyone prefering to use the builtin theme other than out of contempt -- which isn't healthy.

Putting the builtin theme back isn't as easy as it sounds, because there is no options to hide other themes, so as soon as I enable optional themes, there'll be a lot of file shuffling I'll have to do, and I'm not in the mood.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 02:57:07 PM by yksehtniycul »

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »
Does this look like High School?  Do people WANT more High School?

Mate.  GET YOUR FUCKING PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!

We HAVE asked questions!  We HAVE explained our problems (at least me...), and all we still get is SHIT throw in our faces. 

This isn't you being a leader...this is your own fucking egotism flying out of control cause you suddenly found yourself heading up a site for the first time!  Not only do you have ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING clue what you're doing, but you're refusing to accept help from people who DO KNOW.

That's why this site isn't gonna lift itself back up.  Cause a complete jackass is heading it.

Get your tongue out of your asshole, and start WORKING WITH PEOPLE.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 10:37:48 PM »
For the record, I didn't read past your second line. ^This sort of posting is unworthy of administration time. You're asking me to give you my time -- and the entire sites time, please be more polite / to the point.

I said nothing about highschool. What I meant was this is no more complicated than a highschool civics textbook. If that is too much to wrap your head around, then don't involve yourself in administrative matters.

If you want a Lord of the Flies board, do it somewhere else...

PS: If you have more than one issue, air them one thread at a time if you want them redressed.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:44:50 PM by yksehtniycul »

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »
For the record, I didn't read past your second line. ^This sort of posting is unworthy of administration time. You're asking me to give you my time -- and the entire sites time, please be more polite / to the point.

I said nothing about highschool. What I meant was this is no more complicated than a highschool civics textbook. If that is too much to wrap your head around, then don't involve yourself in administrative matters.

If you want a Lord of the Flies board, do it somewhere else...

PS: If you have more than one issue, air them one thread at a time if you want them redressed.
First you bitch about me not "stating" my issues, and when I try to make them crystal clear...you refuse to read them.

You're a fucking moron.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 07:01:31 PM »
Bear in mind, you'd originally immediately protested the original SMF layout, which now you insist be put back.

Now do you see why "common sense" is no way to run a consensual enterprise?

If you want a specific change to the website, describe it in objective terms. If you wanna blast abstract obscenities then expect to not be taken seriously. Obviously I can't be everything everywhere. So that is that. Any questions?

If you just wanna blow off steam we're listening loud and clear. But if you really wanna effect change immediately, I suggest you conduct yourself more or less as you would within a court of law -- as best as you are able.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 11:49:34 PM by yksehtniycul »

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »
Bear in mind, you'd originally immediately protested the original SMF layout, which now you insist be put back.

Now do you see why "common sense" is no way to run a consensual enterprise.

If you want a specific change to the website, describe it in objective terms. If you wanna blast abstract obscenities then expect to not be taken seriously. Obviously I can't be everything everywhere. So that is that. Any questions?

If you just wanna blow off steam we're listening loud and clear. But if you really wanna effect change immediately, I suggest you conduct yourself more or less as you would within a court of law -- as best as you are able.
You're right.  I did object SMF at first.  Then you fucked up even more.  It's only normal I'd want back what's less shitty.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 12:07:39 AM »
Look, I know you're perma angry. If you don't want to be permanently ignored in the meta boards, then I suggest you give it a rest.

Besides the point you never explain what your problem with anything actually is... and please don't try to at this point! Try again in a week.

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 03:40:10 AM »
Look, I know you're perma angry. If you don't want to be permanently ignored in the meta boards, then I suggest you give it a rest.

Besides the point you never explain what your problem with anything actually is... and please don't try to at this point! Try again in a week.
Perma ignored...?  Excuse me...?  I ALREADY FUCKING AM!  Just like practically everyone else around here...

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »
Ignored, means I can't afford to read/reply your posts -- or more practically the website can't, as you're only putting it behind schedule.

This could have even been a constructive thread about the presentation of the bbs, but you've made it into another spectacle.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: