DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:16:54 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revelations: Persona/女神異聞録ペルソナ OST (Read 25312 times)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « on: February 17, 2008, 04:05:16 PM »
Does anyone have/know where I can find the soundtrack to the first Persona?  I've been playing a little bit here and there and finding I quite like the moody, slightly creepy music.  I figured someone around here must of uploaded it somewhere.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 12:18:36 AM »
I added the soundtrack to a ticket once for five dollars. It was really bad (on its own/not what I vaguely remembered) so I think I trashed it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:23:14 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Claudio

View Profile Email
Claudio phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 07:11:59 AM »
Here http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/6590

there all the soundtracks of persona 3....
If yo go to the mainpage you can find all persona soundtracks

Claudio has 10 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 11:24:03 AM »
Quote from: Claudio;6775
Here http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/6590

there all the soundtracks of persona 3....
If yo go to the mainpage you can find all persona soundtracks

I checked just out of fascination and MIP isn't in the lineup (just to save anyone the hassle)

I really can't comprehend thosee who listen to video game soundtracks -- or movie scores for that matter. If you go for the moody feel of Persona's soundtrack, or ever wondered what David Bowie on estrogen would be like -- I'd recommend Kate Bush's work.

The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
The13thChyld phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;6776
I checked just out of fascination and MIP isn't in the lineup (just to save anyone the hassle)

Someone's blind; look again.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1642

Quote from: yksehtniycul
I really can't comprehend thosee who listen to video game soundtracks -- or movie scores for that matter. If you go for the moody feel of Persona's soundtrack, or ever wondered what David Bowie on estrogen would be like -- I'd recommend Kate Bush's work.

Some game soundtracks fare better as a stand-alone than others. I don't personally see much resemblance between MIP's soundtrack and Kate Bush, sure you aren't just shamelessly plugging a favorite artist~? ;)

Life is like an illusion, like a dream waiting to be awakened.

The13thChyld has 41 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;6776

Did you seriously just recommend Kate Bush??? updown

Be running up that road, running up that heeel, be running up that building...

You know she's pretty much famous for making some of the most unlistenable records in music history.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 01:35:35 AM »
double posted
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:41:13 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 01:39:46 AM »
Quote from: The13thChyld;6784
Someone's blind; look again.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1642

Yeah, but where did you link to there from? There was a section with every P2 game ever released OSTs, so I looked for Revelations and found nothing there then gave up.

Some game soundtracks fare better as a stand-alone than others. I don't personally see much resemblance between MIP's soundtrack and Kate Bush, sure you aren't just shamelessly plugging a favorite artist~? ;)

I dunno about favorite artists, but I can't imagine another corpus of work that comes closer to vibe P1 is giving off. If you took Kate Bush and New Order mixed it altogether that would sound a lot like P1 does/feels. Of course you probably won't see the resemblence if all you are only familiar with these acts Mtv singles.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 01:52:46 AM »
Quote from: DevilRy;6785
You know she's pretty much famous for making some of the most unlistenable records in music history.

Compared to what is playing on your myspace page atm? king

Unlistenable? Her work is admirably brave -- people's minds come in all shapes and sizes I guess :rollers:

editted: Friendly abuse aside, I've never witnessed negative critique of Bush's work anywhere. There are always people that will say... omg, this looks too much like fine art. But yeah, Bush is like Bowie's twin sister to the last detail. So if you like Bowie, I'm recommending her to anyone, and if you like the Persona theme, you're gonna like Bush's repertoire.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 02:43:42 AM by yksehtniycul »

The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
 « Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 02:01:20 AM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;6791
Yeah, but where did you link to there from? There was a section with every P2 game ever released OSTs, so I looked for Revelations and found nothing there then gave up.
(emphasis mine)

Ahem, MIP.
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/m

Why would you look under Revelations? Of course there was no US release for the OST.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 02:30:40 AM »
I dunno, the links I saw on the P page all seemed English name oriented. I wasn't exactly on a mission atm.

The only cool thing for me in the OST was it had printing's of the final Persona cards in it. All except Kali and maybe one other.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 02:46:20 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 04:38:38 AM »
Quote from: DevilRy;6785

Be running up that road, running up that heeel, be running up that building...

I just realized you haven't a clue what your mouthing / how embarrassed you'll be when this blows over. I'm about to head off on a bent, this forum needs some serious shaking up...

First off, I can't believe we've never had this conversation before. To begin with Running Up That Hill was probably Bush's biggest single commercial success, and by no stretch is it unlistenible, nor does it go anything like your rendition there.

Kate Bush was signed by EMI at the behest of David Gilmore presumably on the back of her impossible vocal talent/training. Like David Bowie, her background was vocals/theatre/dance/pantomime (well scratch dance for Bowie)  

She followed in the foot steps of Pink Floyd and the likes subject matter wise, but as an ardent feminist she manages to be way headier than the Floyd's best pre-sans-Syd flare. Off stage and lyrically it seems almost unavoidable she could've skirted the Thelemite/OTD periphery scene. I don't recall reading about coccaine/heroin addiction plaguing her career, but its always thinly veiled here or there amidst her generally ecstatic compositions / she's payed her Rock'n'roll dues.

editted: Hell here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Bush

I really don't know why more people are unfamiliar with Kate's body of work, other than her low profile lifestyle and it would be very difficult to shoe horn any of her work into a television commercial, or generally dance to. Its really theatre music. She has a cult following whose devotion is virtually unprecedented really.

editted: Wikipedia says she just recorded an end credits theme for The Golden Compass.

Finally I'm totally shocked you are unfamiliar with Bush, because stylistically she is probably more akin to David Lynch than any other popular artist. To bo honest, I really wasn't even addressing you when I suggested Bush. As for Lynch, I'd be shocked were he not a real fan/admirer -- Bowie as I recall listed her amongst his top favorite/respected artists. She is so much like Lynch in her uncompromising artistic bravery, and technically I'm sure she is far Lynch's superior when it comes to the raw stuff of artistry. Not even to mention, thematically you can find all of Lynch's favorite's throughout her catologue of work. But the point I'm working on her is only that calling Bush unlistenible is about as cool as falling into that crowd who would decree Lynch unwatchible.  

Furthermore if I had to guess -- I would say the unique direction of Persona (the original) was more inspired by Lynch's work beyond anything else. If nothing else the similarities should be undenidable.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 04:59:23 AM by yksehtniycul »

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
Erm....

Wow, so you really like Kate Bush, eh?  The British press hasn't been particularly kind to her though and my comment was really more of an aside.  To me Kate Bush is like the pre-Tori Amos, Tori Amos... Nothing I've heard seems to particularly stand out (except of course Running Up That Hill) except for the terrible tracks, which I am more apt to pay attention to and cast judgment on for some reason..

I wish I had more time to get into this, but I have to go to work.  I don't really see the similarity to p1/Kate Bush though.  It does have some vintage synth work in it (my guess is a Jupiter 8 or something similar) but I'd say it has more in common with Kraftwerk or Neu!.  Both bands Bowie and maybe Bush have been accused to stealing from (aesthetic/sound, etc.)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:08:32 PM by DevilRy »

The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
 « Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 09:54:18 PM »
I've (mildly) enjoyed what I've heard of her work, which for me, amounts only to the Never For Ever album, and a few tracks outside that. From what little I have heard, I would not agree as to it being similar to MIP's music. If you can name  an album (or a few tracks) that does have a similar feel to MIP, I'll check it out later this week.

As for radio/television, I haven't listened to/watched either in years.

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 05:56:57 AM »
Just to clear a few things up I couldn't get to earlier (then again I probably shouldn't be hanging out on the office computers so I'll make it brief):

I am somewhat familiar with Kate Bush's work, though not apparently as well as you.  And I also know that Running Up That Hill/Deal With God is her major single which is why I quoted it; kinda a stream-of-consciousness kind of thing.  My comment was referring to the fact that she's been handed all these record deals from major distributors ever since David Gilmour (or whomever) discovered her but she ends up making these fairly whacked out records that make almost no sense musically, seemingly to goad poor criticism.  I do stand by my Tori Amos comparison though.  She's like Amos & Annie Lennox.  That would make a killer sitcom methinks.

I do agree with you about the Lynch comment though.  Persona 1 has Twin Peaks written all over it.  Velvet Room pretty much = Black/White Lodge.  I wonder if Peaks ever made it over to Japan?  If it did I'm sure it was probably serialized around 96, the year that MIP came out over there I believe.  I seem to also recall a kind of X-Filesish show centered around the first Persona as well... Maybe I saw the opening credits on youtube or something?  My memory isn't what it used to be apparently.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: