DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:10:21 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 4 for ps2 (Read 82760 times)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #60 on: March 20, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »
Whatever Lugn, I still see some lapse in logic there. Regardless of story, Persona 2 was released a year after, and I'm betting it was near normal retail price of a new game. Because they used the same system, same graphics etc. to make it I'm sure the price to create it was lesser than when making IS, so why weren't you angered when you learned about this? This would still qualify as a 'rushed' release, wouldn't it? After all, they didn't try anything new when doing it, they just did what fans asked(correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that a main factor for EP was because fans demanded it): A continuation of the story. And I said eight years as an indication to when it was made and how long the gap between when the same event occurred, although this occurrence is speculation because we don't truly know how Persona 4 will play. I didn't actually believe you waited eight years, anyway. I haven't even known about Megaten for half that length. After all, it's your choice to not buy subsequent releases from Atlus, not like it matters at all.

By the way, yksehtniycul, whose ass are megaten fans kissing? Can't really kiss an ass when it isn't there.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:52:10 PM by Neao »

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
deddo

View Profile Email
deddo phones it in,
 « Reply #61 on: March 21, 2008, 03:50:29 AM »
http://p4.atlusnet.jp/ is now aviable, but it only shows the persona 4 logo and tthe text coming soon

deddo has 3 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #62 on: March 21, 2008, 09:09:41 AM »
That's...mildly interesting. Nevermind, it isn't really. It's a pretty boring page for a game that's supposedly 85% done. Could've added some artwork or something.

Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #63 on: March 21, 2008, 09:38:24 AM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;7127
There hasn't been a remotely playable Megaten game released by Atlus since the first Persona (haven't got around to DS:SH) in my book. I have hopes for the new Soul Hackers title though. Even though I've had it laying around here for ages ever since Imagine grabbed my interest.

It is kinda funny to see people fawning over these games.

Wow. I don't know what to say.

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #64 on: March 21, 2008, 01:33:54 PM »
That's kind of ridiculous that I have to watch the preview on a monitor which then breaks down smaller into a streaming video window, which breaks down yet even SMALLER into an 80s tv screen...

Anyway I can't really make out most of the text on the magazine images, especially where the the pages curl into the binding and where the flash from the camera shows up.  It's cool that they're high resolution but that doesn't really help much with photographs as much as scans.  From what I can gather though it's pretty much as other people have said.  It isn't too clear about how time progresses in the game other than with the new weather system so I couldn't really tell you if you can skip school yet.

And I didn't think it was possible BUT the music seems almost worse...:beaten: It's not you're pappy's Persona anymore, kids.

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Himuro

View Profile Email
Himuro phones it in,
 « Reply #65 on: March 21, 2008, 04:33:49 PM »
The music sounds better to me, the song at the very end aside.

Himuro has 151 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #66 on: March 21, 2008, 04:41:15 PM »
That`s the final logo? Too simple I guess...

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Yvl

View Profile Email
Yvl phones it in,
 « Reply #67 on: March 21, 2008, 06:04:41 PM »
I'm going to have to fight all my instincts to ignore that troll.

I'd worry more about a game that's pushed back several times than one released early.  How do you know that it wasnt in production since shortly after P3's production began?  It's not like the FF series didnt manage to pull off rapid releases from 6 - 10.  Then 12 came out after having years of time (and a delayed release date) and it was the worst game SE ever came out with.

Incidentally, rapid fire releases like this could really put Atlus on the map as a first rate RPG publisher now that SE has shown vulnerability.

Yvl has 6 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #68 on: March 21, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »
I've become weary of thinking anything that doesn't have 'imo' stapled all over it is trying to be stated as fact, so I'll just point out the obvious subjectivity there. Even though I do not like FFXII too much, I cannot deny the fact that it is a well made game. It is a stable RPG with much to offer for what SE wanted it to do, regardless of how mediocre I think it is. Not much can be done to put JRPG developers 'on the map' aside from Square Enix, regardless of subjective opinions. The fact is that Final Fantasy XII was still praised by critics and a good number of fans. SE will be what most Americans who don't know much of other Japanese developers will think of when they here the term JRPG, that won't change for a while. Especially with American RPGs taking the forefront, I'd say that JRPGs as a whole are going to take the back burner for quite some time. Most American RPG fans want more Bioware RPGs akin to Mass Effect not a series called Shin Megami Tensei(Shin Magenta? Shin Magama?), though that name will probably not even reach their ears.

By the way, vulnerability? If anything most critics thought FFXII was ambitious, bringing them to a higher esteem than before. Remember, critics sway a good part of the sales. I can assure you Atlus won't be going too far on American shores other than the peak sales they saw with Persona 3, sadly.

Persona 4 note: I hope the soundtrack isn't a majority of pop and hip hop. But then again  it'd just be my opinion when I say that I'd prefer them to do a soundtrack in the vein of SMT III or DDS, so I'll just take what they give me for what it is.

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #69 on: March 21, 2008, 09:46:08 PM »
Quote from: Neao;7143

Persona 4 note: I hope the soundtrack isn't a majority of pop and hip hop. But then again  it'd just be my opinion when I say that I'd prefer them to do a soundtrack in the vein of SMT III or DDS, so I'll just take what they give me for what it is.

Heh,I agree.I feel the same way...I'm not a fan of the pop or hip hop P3 had,but it goes well with the atmosphere of the game,so I can't really argue or say it's horrible when I'm used to it already,and as Neao says about just taking it as it is.

I really loved the Norturne and DDS OSTs the most.

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #70 on: March 21, 2008, 10:59:16 PM »
This trend will come full circle once gaijin otakus are making music for NA produced games with japanese lyrics. Perhaps only then will Japan realize the pure evil of it's ways!

The real shame for me with these games is I really dig a lot about the presentation. Especially the fights look pretty fun. But there is just so much going on that is so incredibly unbelievable production values or director's competence wise, I've no urge at all to play this trailer. Have JRPG's become just a fetish in the states or am I missing something more?

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #71 on: March 22, 2008, 12:35:25 AM »
Quote from: Enid;7144
Heh,I agree.I feel the same way...I'm not a fan of the pop or hip hop P3 had,but it goes well with the atmosphere of the game,so I can't really argue or say it's horrible when I'm used to it already,and as Neao says about just taking it as it is.

I really loved the Norturne and DDS OSTs the most.

I agree!! The music it`s perfect for the game, people who likes this kind of JMusic really find a really cool soundtrack on P3, and I still wonder how does P3 would "sound" if it has music like Nocturne or Avatar Tuner, in it?

But what keep me intrigued is the story, I care much about the story and then about the music, and the rare "glasses" stuff updown

Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #72 on: March 22, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;7145
Have JRPG's become just a fetish in the states or am I missing something more?

You're definently missing something more. You seem to have this unflinching cynicism towards JRPGs, well Atlus specifically as I don't know much of what you like, and it seems to distort your enjoyment for the parts you like about the genre. At least, that's what I see. I haven't seen much praise for Atlus' games from you at all, aside from those pseudo praises you give out on occasion. It's fine that you don't like them, but calling them unplayable? Unless you meant that you yourself could not sit down and play the games for more than five minutes, I get what you mean. But they are certainly are 'playable' by general standards.  

About this 'fetish' thing: I understand JRPGs are catered to a specific crowd, but I do not think it's that bad. Sure, there are variations all around that are within the bounds of its genre. You could say the same towards any genre, they all do things to cater to a specific person. In light of a better word, because fetish is just a horrible word period, they're more obscure. I wouldn't call them a fetish because, as I said before, any game in any genre would focus on what their game is supposed to be. Therefore, if you want to play a shooter because you desire a shooter specifically for enjoyment, isn't that a fetish too? Awareness of a genre doesn't have much to do with it, since technically all of these games fall under the fetish classification.

Persona 4(Otherwise my post would be way off-topic): I have faith that Atlus will give me an enjoyable game. They haven't let me down since I first got into the series. Each subsequent game I've played has been great, and I hold high hopes for this one. This murder/mystery take is also a very intriguing one, I'll enjoy seeing where they take it.

DevilRy
陽神デビッライ

MaleView Profile
Being the most important can't be seen in the eyes
DevilRy phones it in,
 « Reply #73 on: March 22, 2008, 11:56:20 AM »
Most of the people who're complaining about the new direction the Persona series has taken are people who have been playing the games since it started (or soon afterwards) back in the late 90s.  Also, if you really want to get technical these releases are much different than the two P2s.  P3->FES->Persona 4 all released within a span of two years is a little rushed, no matter how you slice it.  Perhaps for you P4 will turn out to be a fun game, but for the people who didn't much care for P3 I think it's pretty safe to assume they won't like P4, even based sheerly on the small preview we've seen.

And finally:
but it goes well with the atmosphere of the game,

Explain this line of thinking.  Since when has bad Jpop EVER been synonymous with summoning creatures with Tarot cards?  Movethatbody movethatbody makesureyoudon'thurtnobody yeahyeahyeah is hardly atmospheric.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:01:45 PM by DevilRy »

DevilRy has 435 Posts (+23/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #74 on: March 22, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »
It´s just matter of tastes, for me the music of P3 was just "normal" since I like J-Music, but other people who don´t know to much or don´t like J-Music at all, find the soundtrack really annoying, and of course, its not that ALL the tracks are AMAZING.

Maybe when we refer to the "atmosphere of the game" we meant, about the teenage life that you take the role of, and not the "dark" or "occult" role of the game.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: