DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:59:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DDDBジャンプ klan registration thread (Read 86870 times)
The13thChyld
The Androgyne

View Profile Email
The13thChyld
The13thChyld phones it in,
 « Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »
Quote from: desertgecko96;6662
Please add me to the clan I cant find your name on the game.......?

No wonder you were having difficulty, I checked myself earlier this evening, our klan advert is gone!

Don't worry, we should have this sorted out relatively soon.

As for klan activity (or lack thereof), the pattern (without exception so far) has been that new members, after initially joining, are generally never seen nor heard from again. The founding members play regularly, the rest seem to have short attention spans and commitment issues~

Life is like an illusion, like a dream waiting to be awakened.

The13thChyld has 41 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #61 on: January 30, 2008, 10:41:53 AM »
Yeah, it's as if the first thing players do when they start playing is wanna join a klan. Apparently before they've decided whether they even like the game or not!

An IRC channel was setup for us at:

http://cgiirc.synirc.net/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi

The channel is #imagine

I'm not really sure what info you need to get in via an irc client atm. But you can probably figure it out from that javascript applet if you are a fan of irc.

Oh and, please don't register any Nicks until we decide what we are doing.

Hopefully this can eventually serve as a glue to tie all the klans out there together and facilitate offline synchronization of playdates.

We also have a real-time game clock ready for hosting on a server with PHP5.2+ support. You can PM me if you want, and I'll give you a link to my home server in the meantime.

We'd like to setup a page in the wiki with embedded IRC and put the clock on the front page with a moon age graphic. Jose has agreed to our demands, but I haven't heard back on any actual movements on his part!

Hopefully once everything is setup on his host, Jose should be able to wipe his hands of anymore intervention on behalf of Imagine.

PS: We should have a new recruitment poster up with the next weekend.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
desertgecko96

View Profile Email
desertgecko96
desertgecko96 phones it in,
 « Reply #62 on: January 30, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
well I play to keep playing I heard Globe had a wiki I thought about joining them but  you guys are the ones that helped my start if Drem didn't tell me about the game I would have never joined. I have been questing and playing online with my brother and my friend who have both joined the game I am still know and not sure if I'm doing my skills intelligently and I have been playing around with the creature combinations still new and still weak I think the game is fun. I like it more then Wow and linage 2(stole my money for months). Although by not being able to read Japanese I am at a disadvantage I still like the game quite a bit and i would recommend it for others. I plan to wait till you guys are done with the wiki and set the clan back up so I can play with you guys although there is probably a HUGE level gap between us. I think if I keep playing I make slowly be able to close it.

desertgecko96 has 13 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #63 on: January 30, 2008, 01:28:21 PM »
Thanks! I hope so :)

DDDB always really needs actual players to help set an example for incoming new players. I hope Drem ever logs in again as well :)

It sounds like you have plenty of people to interact with for a new player for now. You should do fine until we can setup a new recruitment advert between now and the weekend sometime.

We are trying to setup a safety net for new players with the DDDB klan. Its not a real klan as much as a starter klan. But we also need volunteers to be available for new players to help find their legs. We realize the game is intimidating enough inspite of the language barrier.

I hope you bring more friends into the klan as well.

It's unfortunate Imagine makes something that would seem so straight forward so unaccessible. Otherwise in most respects it is a really great game, and definitely more interesting than most if not all of the alternatives available tpo the MMORPG format.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #64 on: January 31, 2008, 08:26:07 AM »
Ok, the recruiter is up now :)

desertgecko96

View Profile Email
desertgecko96
 « Reply #65 on: January 31, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »
I will go online now and look for it to be added and try and get my brother and friend to join the clan also

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #66 on: February 01, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »
Quote from: desertgecko96;6693
I will go online now and look for it to be added and try and get my brother and friend to join the clan also

I tried repeatedly to Friend you last night before I logged. Your char was listed as online, but appeared to be offline when poked at.

At any rate, glad to have you'all aboard, and here's to hoping you make a habit of playing :)

PS: If your buddies join with decent levels, then we should get a klan herald anyday now :)

editted: Oh yes! We were informed the other night, after Act7 you can teleport between Shinjuku and 3rdHome once per day! This is great news, because in the future there should not be much difficulty renewing the recruiter poster :)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 04:41:26 PM by yksehtniycul »

desertgecko96

View Profile Email
desertgecko96
 « Reply #67 on: February 03, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »
well I'm level 13 my brother is also level 13 I think and my friend is probably either 9 or 10

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #68 on: February 03, 2008, 04:48:55 PM »
Three is the perfect party size for most dungeons unless  you are just into mindless grinding :)

Have you tried the Suginami Makai Mine dungeon yet? You shouldn't have too much trouble for the three of you leveling up there. Just be careful on the road (if you hug the right side there are some ledges you can take to avoid the demons on the main road)

Look for the D on the map outside 3rd Home, and good luck figuring out how to get your party inside. It can be tricky. If you have trouble try the irc channel/applet mentioned/linked above.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #69 on: February 11, 2008, 12:21:05 AM »
Quote from: desertgecko96;6714
well I'm level 13 my brother is also level 13 I think and my friend is probably either 9 or 10

Was there some reason you left/then came back? Four more points and we get an emblem. Are we ever going to get those other two recruits :)

desertgecko96

View Profile Email
desertgecko96
 « Reply #70 on: February 11, 2008, 12:41:15 PM »
No reason actually I was just exploring the buttons seeing how I don't know Japanese I just clicked on the wrong thing. As for my brother and friend they have started another game a week after joining this one (cobalt or something).  you guys could have died members if you want but my brother will probably keep playing ( I SHALL make it so)... 4 more point do you only get points from members joining or do you also get them from like doing missions and stuff together OH and I'm level 16 now.

desertgecko96

View Profile Email
desertgecko96
 « Reply #71 on: February 11, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;6715
Three is the perfect party size for most dungeons unless  you are just into mindless grinding :)

Have you tried the Suginami Makai Mine dungeon yet? You shouldn't have too much trouble for the three of you leveling up there. Just be careful on the road (if you hug the right side there are some ledges you can take to avoid the demons on the main road)

Look for the D on the map outside 3rd Home, and good luck figuring out how to get your party inside. It can be tricky. If you have trouble try the irc channel/applet mentioned/linked above.

Yeah I have beat the boss by myself a few times already I like questing with them its fun although my friend didnt set ANY skills at all or use any of his level points till level 11 I was wonder for so long why he sucked so hard.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #72 on: February 11, 2008, 04:19:46 PM »
The klan actually mysteriously received four points since I last logged on last night, so next point it will finally be getting an emblem!

Great Job!

editted: Actually, not so :/ (must've been a server communication glitch -- four more to go)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 04:22:56 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #73 on: February 19, 2008, 07:25:17 AM »
I'm told this klan finally has an emblem :) <(Congratulation!)

It seems to be stuck on the default emblem until I pickup a replacement graphics card in the morning and login to customize it.

Even those of you who never play helped out ;)

It is an interesting statistic that about only 1 out of 10 or less of English speakers playing Imagine have ever heard of Megaten/are enthusiasts. Everyone thinks its the best MMORPG going and will even wade through Japanese to play it. But Megaten players won't touch it. WTF guys? WTF indeed?

Sesmu

View Profile Email
Sesmu phones it in,
 « Reply #74 on: February 22, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »
山下正平 (Sesmu)

I just started. Can't seem to find your klan. I'm on Channel 1 not sure if thats affecting anything. :] Online right now. You can catch me on aim : Thamez0rs
if I am not online in IMAGINE

Sesmu has 1 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: