DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:27:04 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DDDBジャンプ klan registration thread (Read 86687 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « on: December 04, 2007, 11:55:51 PM »
We've created a klan for new player orientation and mingling called DDDBジャンプ. We hope you will join us. Since the klan was created a few days ago, there are only a few members so far including the proprietor of these forums and website. We expected more interested granted the chatter lately surrounding Imagine. All of the current members are Sub Masters, so hopefully someone will be available for registration.

We believe there is a login event during this period. So there is a greater oppertunity for immediate registration through the next few days.

This thread supercedes the original proposal thread.

If you would like to join us. Please post your characters name. And we will add you asap.

Also, you should make your characters profile public, so we can more easily add you from any zone. To do so. Select the COMM button from the blue button window. From the popup menu, select the third menu item (フリンドリスト -- friendlist) now select (公開設定) and change the first radial, then hit (決定) and you are good. Now your friends can see where and what channel you are on when online. And this seems to effect whether you can accept a klan invite from any zone.

Please don't be shy. Anyone and everyone is welcome. It is not a real klan, as much as a facility to make getting started less daunting.

Users recruited are:
大輔輔 (Tony) *submaster
Drem (Drem)
無秩序 (blackmoore)
水夏希 (Enid)
石丸陸 (Increase)
温子 (Akai NatsunoYoru)
エミリオ-クン (Emilio Morales)
エライハス (Elihas)

Member total is: 12/100

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:35:03 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 09:54:53 AM »
So you only need my character name? And you do all the rest? If I got time (and the internet service goes well) I will play today at night, and do all that thing about the public profile.

My character name is: エミリオ-クン

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 02:34:44 PM »
Yes, it's a headache however that you must be online to be accepted I think. If you use the terminal in 3rdHome to petition for registration, this might not be the case.

There is probably a way to enter the name of the klan into the terminal and bring up the klan -- as opposed to browsing for it. And from there leave a petition for membership which can be filled while you are offline. But I will have to look into it.

The last time I tried the terminal interface graphics went haywire, because of a common somewhat random Vista video memory corruption bug which is most likely on Microsoft's onus.

All of the Submasters should look out for new members until I can verify the use of the terminal for offline registration, and post a tutorial.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »
So basically what I need to enter that klan, is just be online and do what you ask for?

But I have a question. Do I´ll need to leave the "Globe" klan to enter this new klan?

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 03:32:32 PM »
Yes, a character can only be a member of one klan at a time.

If you are online at the same time as a Submaster, you will just need to hit a confirm button, if your profile is public. As for whether you must technically leave your current klan first, I imagine your klan will just change, but it wouldn't hurt to do so via one of the few buttons available to a normal member from the klan window.

Btw, however you registered with the Globe klan. If you wish to join the DDDB klan, just do the same thing you did then. I will figure out the rest asap.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:37:22 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 04:29:13 PM »
Ok, if I need to do the same when I joined with the "Globe" klan, then count me in, but the problem is... I can´t remember well what do I did to join the Globe klan, doh if you can guide me , I´ll appreciate it. king

Sounds like fun this new klan. I just hope many people in the forum join as well. axeman

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:38:57 PM »
How was your experience with the Globe klan?

This clan isn't intended to be a real klan. It is geared toward encouraging everyone who plays Megaten to feel comfortable tryring Imagine. Hopefully they will stick with the game and eventually graduate out of the klan, or do so with another character, into more fraternal/collegial klans of their own. The DDDB klan is there to get your character started with minimal tediouisness and confusion and help everyone feel welcome.

From my interaction with the Globe klan originators/steering committee, they have the general notion that there should only be one klan for English speakers, and that Imagine will never catch on with mainstream English players. For some reason unless you are in their klan, they are also very exclusive, which only further alienates players from trying and adopting Imagine.

The Megaten community has a long tradition of playing Japanese only games. There is no reason we can't cooperate to help everyone enjoy Imagine.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 06:06:20 PM »
Ok, I looked into the terminal. You can't search for a klan by name, but apparently klans can assign a filter to themselves. Unfortunately both of my characters are in Shinjuku, and I'm guessing choosing the filter must be done by the Master in the klan city. So I've made my higher level character Master temporarily, and will make the trip to 3rdHome hopefully later tonight after I contract an Azumi in Nakano.

In the meantime, you can post after you login, and hopefully I will notice at some point and add you if you are still ingame.

Once I setup the filter -- mind you I've no idea what to expect terminal interface wise, I will choose the Klan For Begginers filter, which is 3rd or 4th in the list. I will post the Japanese title for it after everything is setup. If people have a hard time finding the klan, I might use one of hte more obscure filters, just so there are fewer klans to wade through.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 07:17:52 PM »
Well about my experience with the Globe klan, was really amazing, all the people there were willing to help at any time, they were really nice by helping me with all the quests I have been trough (only 4).

But of course if there is a klan for this forum, I want to be there, maybe I learn something new (of course I´ll do). Anyway, if I sign in today, I`ll post it so you can add me.

EDIT: Just one question, which is the "Handshake" button?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 07:38:36 PM by Emilio Morales »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 08:09:20 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;6015
EDIT: Just one question, which is the "Handshake" button?

Oh sorry, it is the COMM button! I just noticed they have names above them in the main tray :)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 08:26:24 PM »
Ok, the terminal should be setup now. At the moment however, I can't really coach on how to use it to register if possible . When I can, I will kick myself out of the klan, and try to register via the terminal.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 08:39:18 PM »
I dunno, the terminal recruitment system seems retarded. I set everything up, then changed the Master, and left the klan so I could try to use the terminal to rejoin. Now I can't find the klan advert. I guess it was removed, because I created it, then left the klan, or because the klan master changed.

The icons are not representative of the klan, they are only recruitment adverts you can create. And I'm not even sure you can even use them as a join mechanism. In any case, it looks like tonight is a maintanence period as usual per Wednesday.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 08:47:59 PM »
You can send a message to a klan leader via the terminal. I'm not sure if it can be used to confirm your membership or not.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 10:33:56 PM »
Ok, I will be playing soon, just give me time to enter the game and I`ll stay like 30 minutes. Thanks.

EDIT: Wait, maintenance? Oh sh**t!! When does it start? I guess I will not have time :(

EDIT2: I run out of time :( I will try tomorrow!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:58:41 PM by Emilio Morales »

Enid
Sadistic Desire

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 08:24:50 PM »
Taking a break from studying,was wondering if anyone from the klan is going to be on,so I can join?

in-game name: 水夏希

Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: