DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:01:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been gone for so long... (Read 12876 times)
Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
ParasiteMT@gmail.com COTMFreak parasitemt
Parasite phones it in,
 « on: October 20, 2005, 11:48:01 PM »
One day, Firefox decides to have a brain fart, causing me to lose all my bookmarks and my extensions.  So I have to install them all over again, which in turn caused me to forget about some of my forums I go to.

It's been awhile, glad to be back. ^_^  How've you all been in my absence?

I've made a new avatar/signature combo of Cielo, what do you think of it?  I had a hard time doing the signature, but I think I did okay.  Not my best works, but still it's good.

Hope I can post this here, because it well...doesn't fit in anywhere else.

Parasite has 65 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 04:29:24 AM »
Eep, sorry to hear about your Firefox problem but glad to have you back at the board! :)

By the way, really like the ava and signature!^^

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 04:06:38 PM »
Quote from: Argilla
Eep, sorry to hear about your Firefox problem but glad to have you back at the board! :)

By the way, really like the ava and signature!^^

Thanks. ^_^

By the way, you run Nirvana don't you?  Do you still host the official dds fan listing, because I can't find it on your site.   And before I forget, I really like your new layout. ^_^

Well new from when I first saw it, which was a couple days ago.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 04:10:11 PM »
Do you still host the official dds fan listing, because I can't find it on your site.
She removed the fanlisting for some reason. I think she got all pissed off when TFL was whining about her SMT3 listing (I think) because she wasn't showing the updates on the main page, but rather using an update journal. All her fanlistings are, currently, dead. I think she killed off some sites with the fanlistings, as well. Of course, I'm not exactly "in the know" with her, so I could be wrong.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Argilla
the family's best

View Profile WWW Email
xharu@hotmail.com
Argilla phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 05:37:37 PM »
Yup, I run the site.^^ Glad to hear the layout is still liked. I'm thinking about just keeping that one up there for a while longer.

And no, I didn't close my fanlistings due to what TFL had to say. I closed all my fanlistings because I never have time to update them(that and I realized how lame they are). I closed some of my fan sites because I never have time to update them(or lost interest). I'm beginning to think I hardly have time for anything web-related considering the lack of updates I give since usually I have one about every week.

"I'll grab the stars if you want them..."

Argilla has 291 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 06:45:42 PM »
That other pic you did Parasite. Not the avatar but the other one you did that in both photoshop and illustrator didn't you? I mean the picture itself looks vector but the color sheme is to accurate to be done in illustrator either way it looks cool. Did you draw the Cielo and Dyaus yourself or did you find images and angularly manipulate them? As a person studying Graphic Arts you have my respect. Keep up the good work.

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 11:32:16 PM »
Quote from: Soulless_Beast
That other pic you did Parasite. Not the avatar but the other one you did that in both photoshop and illustrator didn't you? I mean the picture itself looks vector but the color sheme is to accurate to be done in illustrator either way it looks cool. Did you draw the Cielo and Dyaus yourself or did you find images and angularly manipulate them? As a person studying Graphic Arts you have my respect. Keep up the good work.

Angerly manipulate them. :P I can't draw at all.

And to tell the truth, I only used Photoshop.  Messing around with the Color Balance setting can really help bring out the background.  And after now realizing this, I want to thank Argilla for hosting the pictures so I could use them.  Now that I know she runs Nirvana. ^_^

And sorry to hear you're very busy Argilla, I liked the fan listing, somewhat.  But at least you didn't bring down the site itself. :D

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
 « Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 10:55:59 AM »
I meant did you manipulate the angles or just roll with what you had. Either way where did you find the pics I like to give it a shot too. BTW how do you like my avatar customized it myself.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 10:59:50 AM by Soulless_Beast »

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 01:40:30 PM »
I probably rolled with what I had.

Click Here for the Images, thanks Argilla.

I like you're avatar a lot, especially the effect of the woman in it.  What does the text say inside your avatar?

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
 « Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 02:44:28 PM »
On the left it says 'Altered by Kyoujin' Kyoujin is the studio handle that I'm going to use as a graphic artist. It means 'lunatic' in Japanese. I was taught to always display the extent of what I do to someone else's work that's why it's there. But the Kanji on the right I think is her name 'Quebele' I got the original from the 'artwork section' in this site. But thanks a lot it was my first custom I'll try to do more.

Sorry 'bout this but I forgot to say, thanks Parasite for the link.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 01:19:58 PM by Argilla »

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 04:54:44 PM »
On the left it says 'Altered by Kyoujin' Kyoujin is the studio handle that I'm going to use as a graphic artist. It means 'lunatic' in Japanese. I was taught to always display the extent of what I do to someone else's work that's why it's there. But the Kanji on the right I think is her name 'Quebele' I got the original from the 'artwork section' in this site. But thanks a lot it was my first custom I'll try to do more.

Oh I see it now, that's pretty cool.  I'd definiatly like to see some more of your customs.  

Sorry 'bout this but I forgot to say, thanks Parasite for the link.

No problem, it's probably the best collection you're going to find on DDS1/2 artwork. ^_^

Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
 « Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 03:25:23 AM »
Hey Parasite have you been tohttp://dafont.com before? It's pretty cool there and you get a lot of free fonts to download. It makes it more fun to play around in photoshop as well. the font I used in that avatar I got from there it's called 'Hobbitron something or other. I forget but eitherway check it out it if you feel like it.

Parasite
Shining Force ftw!

View Profile WWW Email
Parasite phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 12:10:46 PM »
Hey Parasite have you been tohttp://dafont.com before? It's pretty cool there and you get a lot of free fonts to download. It makes it more fun to play around in photoshop as well. the font I used in that avatar I got from there it's called 'Hobbitron something or other. I forget but eitherway check it out it if you feel like it.

Yeah I go there, but only if I need a new font.  Maybe I'll just download a ton one of these days and play around with them.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: