DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:30:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staff Updates (Read 41664 times)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « on: November 18, 2007, 07:00:31 PM »
Hey everyone. Sorry about the lack of updates as of late, but I have to admit that I'm finding it harder and harder to work on the site. As such, you will begin to see more updates from our only other staff member, Traci. Traci has remained the only person who has ever contacted me about helping with the site who has seen anything through. As such, I'm happy to be passing a lot of this on over to her. In a sense, she's basically taking over Digital Devil Database (although I will be around).

So, please give her a nice welcome as she gets used to all of this and we finish up the transition.

If anyone else is interested in giving her a hand with news updates or whatever else, feel free to let us know. Thanks!

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:45:24 PM »
I'll help out.  I managed to squeeze some free time out of it, so I can work on the site for a while.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 09:19:02 PM »
I can lend a hand if you need help Tony. The only web editing software I have some experience in, is Dreamweaver though.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 03:18:37 PM »
If anyone wants to help with website content I'm getting ready to add definitions to the lexicon for P3 and Raidou(updating SMT2 a bit too).    I will post my list below and if anyone wants to recommend any other terms or even provide a definition that help would be greatly appreciate.

-SMt 2
Thousand year kingdom - completed
Arcadia - completed
necroma - completed

-Devil Summoner
Super Soldier Project
Vials - completed
Yomi kugutsu  (I forget what this means :-\ Even an informal definition would help)
Dark Realm - completed
Magnetite
Herald of Yagutasu - completed
Konnou yah - completed
Dark summoner - completed
Amatsu kanagi  - completed
Shimi No Kage  - completed

-P3
The dark hour - completed
Orgia mode
Velvet room - completed
Elizabeth - completed
Apathy Syndrome
Paulowina Mall
Pharos - completed
The lost - completed
Innocent Sin One  - completed
Strega
Tartarus - completed
Shadows
Transmogrify - completed
SEES - completed

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 08:57:37 PM by traci »

traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 05:15:43 PM »
Cool!! Just give some time to arrive at my home, and I began searching deffinitions!!

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 07:44:48 PM »
Ok, here is what I found and another couple of words that sounds interesting to me (sorry if some of those words repit themselves with the original Lexicon):

Shin Megami Tensei 2:

Thousand Years Kingdom (PLACE): The paradise that Aleph`s (or Hawk, can`t remember well) will create, to save mankind. He is told by the Bishop of the Messiah religion that he is the Messiah that carries this task.

Tokyo Millenium (PLACE):  A city created by the Messiahns so that they can live without breeting the infected air from outside.

Necroma (SPELL): A new spell aded to this game, that was used to revive a dead demon as an undead one.

Devil Summoner KR:

Vials (OBJECT): Little metal tubes, were Raidou stores the demons he catches. He can obtain more as he progress in the game, and as he increase its Devil Summoner Rank at the Nameless Shrine.

Nameless Shrine (PLACE): The place that is hidden deep heart of the mountains. Is in here where the Herald of Yatagarasu resides, and the connection to the Dark Realm.

Dark Realm (PLACE): The dark side of the world, where all the demons take home.

Herald of Yatagarasu (PERSON):  The person who claims to be the real boss of Raidou, she have helped a whole lineage of Kuzunohas on they`re quests. She can lead Raidou to the Dark Realm and increase the Devil Summoner Ranks too.

Konnou-Ya (PLACE): Antique shop near Narumi´s place. The place where you can replinish of items. The basement plays host to Victor´s Gouma-Den.

Gouma-Den (PLACE): Is in the basement of Konnou-Ya, and is the secret laboratory of Victor. This is the place where Raidou can fuse his demons.

Dark Summoner (PERSON): (Can`t remember well) Is the dark side of Raidou Kuzunoha, he appears on the Dark Realm and Raidou uses an spell to bind him.

Shikimi no Kage (DEMON): A mist-form demon that is weak aggaints some type of Spells or bullets, anyhow these demons aren´t affected againts human attacks. These demons block the path to some areas.  "Shiki" means barrier. These barriers are created by the demons "Ippon-Datara" as a safe guard to some areas.

Amatsu Kanagi (ITEM): Is the secret treasure that holds the Herald of Yatagarasu, (not quite sure) is the artifact that helps Raido, return from the Dark Realm, when the Dark Summoner appears, is like a scroll that he uses to seal him.

Persona 3:

The Dark Hour (EVENT): A certain hour of day, 12:00 p.m. where all the city become devoured by darkness and the Tartarus rises.

Velvet Room (PLACE): The place where the time does not mean anything, is where Igor and he`s crew resides. A place where the characters can summon different Personas, and fuse them.

Elizabeth (PERSON): A client stands beside Igor who will reward you with nice item if you do complete her quest.

Tartarus (PLACE): In classic Greek mythology, below Heaven, Earth, and Pontus. It is either a deep, gloomy place, a pit or abyss used as a dungeon of torment and suffering that resides within Hades or the entire underworld with Hades being the hellish component. In P3, is the place that rises at the Dark Hour, and the scenario of battles, that rises from the school.

S.E.E.S. (ORGANIZATION): Stands for "Special Extracurricular Execute Sector", is the organization formed by the main characters, that are the Persona Users that battles the shadows.

That was all for now, sorry if I repeat some of them. If I find more I`ll post them, and also if you need more, just tell me.

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 08:06:56 PM »
wow, thank-you so much emilio!

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 08:26:10 PM »
Quote from: traci;5697
wow, thank-you so much emilio!

No prob! Glad to be of some help in here.

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 07:46:58 PM »
Wow!  Niiiiice Emilio, you got a pat on the back!  Real trooper!

Hey, Traci.  :3  When Tony is done upgrading, maybe it ought to be a better idea to give a real proper thanks to Emilio for doing all this work.  One reason why this site isn't as good as it is, is because there's only one person running the show. :3  So, if you all don't mind, I'll vouch for a nice staff position for Emilio.

Also, since its regular in every SMT game, it might be a good idea to add an ability/spell lexicon.  I wont mind helping out with that one. :3

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

traci

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
Quote from: QBasic;5716

Hey, Traci.  :3  When Tony is done upgrading, maybe it ought to be a better idea to give a real proper thanks to Emilio for doing all this work.  One reason why this site isn't as good as it is, is because there's only one person running the show. :3  So, if you all don't mind, I'll vouch for a nice staff position for Emilio.

Also, since its regular in every SMT game, it might be a good idea to add an ability/spell lexicon.  I wont mind helping out with that one. :3

Yeah I planned on giving him credit on the site- also I was thinking about doing adding stuff to the lexicon for spells... but when adding terms it's so confusing because it's like "I should add Chagall Cafe, wait! If I do that then I will need to add every location that increases one of your stats in P3...is it worth it at this point?"

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 08:23:42 PM »
Quote from: QBasic;5716

Thanks!! I really appreciate your words. :thanks:
And the reason why I want to help this site and never leave it, is because this was my first forum, and is really cool to hang in here, and since I love so much Megaten.

Quote from: traci;5717
Yeah I planned on giving him credit on the site- also I was thinking about doing adding stuff to the lexicon for spells... but when adding terms it's so confusing because it's like "I should add Chagall Cafe, wait! If I do that then I will need to add every location that increases one of your stats in P3...is it worth it at this point?"

Thank you traci!! Wathever you´re planing tell me!! I want to help! Count with me.

Demi-heat
Sony Is God

View Profile Email
Digital_Devil_Saga@hotmail.com
Demi-heat phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 08:42:56 PM »
wow emilio is now famous
¬¬ i want to sobornate some people too

message from emilio:
Oye y pues como le haces o con cuanto dinero les pagas?
XD no es solo bromeando
¬¬ te odio

:P Well thats everything
tres bien emilio!
i dont know why but Tres bien!!

Ken Amada

[SIGPIC]Persona User[/SIGPIC]

Demi-heat has 83 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 10:16:02 PM »
So you still hate me? xdxd
cool Whatever...

QBasic
Wildlife Jackass

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 10:17:41 PM »
"Credit?" >.>  I'm sorry, but thats just crap.  Thats like going from a pat on the back, to a pat on the head.

Traci...I'm assuming this is your first time truly running a site, am I right? :)  Do you have AIM or MSN?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 10:22:05 PM by QBasic »

Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 12:56:29 AM »
I'm not really sure what she could do beyond giving credit for the help considering she has to personally enter all of it. I don't think she meant it to be taken that way, in any case. As it is, Emilio will be helping with other things including this anyway so he'll be given some position on the staff page at the least (which I'd still put under the level of "credit", so I don't know lol). I don't think it's a problem and he'll be given proper citation/position/whatever for anything he does. Same as anyone else that offered help.

So, I guess the short story is "it'll be fine". :D

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: