DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:10:23 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staff Updates (Read 44199 times)
Demi-heat
Sony Is God
**

offline Offline

View Profile Email
Digital_Devil_Saga@hotmail.com
Demi-heat phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 01:03:06 AM »
...well emilio how large is your wallet?
you can bribe all the people of this forum

¬¬ dame tu tarjeta de el banco

¬¬ and yes i still hate you
question This is considerating spam?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 01:53:09 AM by Demi-heat »


[SIGPIC]Persona User[/SIGPIC]

Logged
Demi-heat has 83 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero
****

offline Offline

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 01:46:15 AM »
Quote from: QBasic;5721
"Credit?" >.>  I'm sorry, but thats just crap.  Thats like going from a pat on the back, to a pat on the head.

Traci...I'm assuming this is your first time truly running a site, am I right? :)  Do you have AIM or MSN?


You give credit where credit is due, since Emilio helped out with the definitions and terms, he'll get credit for them. I don't think getting a staff position is as easy as giving information for a one time thing, you have be a dedicated writer or constant contributer or something.

And what's wrong with a pat on the back? :cheers:

Also Tony did you add new smilies?



Logged
aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire
****

offline Offline

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 01:57:03 AM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;5696

 
Dark Summoner (PERSON): (Can`t remember well) Is the dark side of Raidou Kuzunoha, he appears on the Dark Realm and Raidou uses an spell to bind him.


I believe the Dark Summoner name is,Rasputin.I wouldn't exactly call him,Raidou's dark side either...unless you are talking about the alternate universe he gets thrown in.Atleast that's how it sounds like to me...but other than that,don't mind me.

I'm also not trying to recorrect him,but just helping out...I am just going by my memory of the last time I've played Devil Summoner,and that was last year towards the end of 2006.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:02:56 AM by Enid »



Logged
Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass
***

offline Offline

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 12:11:14 PM »
Okay, so lets figure that Traci DOES do all the work on the site, and people around here help her out along the way.

What would be the case if some super duper urgent news comes up, and Traci doesn't happen to be very much online, hm?



"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

Logged
QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
traci
Moderator
*****

offline Offline

View Profile Email
traci phones it in,
 « Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »
Quote from: Enid;5726
I believe the Dark Summoner name is,Rasputin.I wouldn't exactly call him,Raidou's dark side either...unless you are talking about the alternate universe he gets thrown in.Atleast that's how it sounds like to me...but other than that,don't mind me.

I'm also not trying to recorrect him,but just helping out...I am just going by my memory of the last time I've played Devil Summoner,and that was last year towards the end of 2006.

Yeah, I was referring to Devil Summoners who have turned to the evil side (for lack of a better definition). Thanks for pointing that out.

Also Qbasic, until now Tony has done the news by himself and sometimes he's been too busy to post "super duper urgent news" as it comes- so there will be no change? But if that isn't acceptable, I have good news, Tony and I have actually been in contact with someone else who may end up taking a key role in the site.




Logged
traci has 97 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass
***

offline Offline

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »
Quote from: traci;5729
Yeah, I was referring to Devil Summoners who have turned to the evil side (for lack of a better definition). Thanks for pointing that out.

Also Qbasic, until now Tony has done the news by himself and sometimes he's been too busy to post "super duper urgent news" as it comes- so there will be no change? But if that isn't acceptable, I have good news, Tony and I have actually been in contact with someone else who may end up taking a key role in the site.

...

I'm sorry, but that last paragraph...I'm sorry, lol, but I probably wont be coming back to this site anymore.  Give me ONE fucking good reason as to why anymore?!

This is absolute incompetence!



"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

Logged
QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator
*****

offline Offline

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #21 on: November 25, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »
What exactly is the problem? I'm not even sure what you're ranting about at this point. This is a hobby for anyone involved and I have a full time job aside from this. This isn't freaking Associated Press. I lose money on this thing between hosting, paying for the vBulletin license, items from Japan to add to the site, the games to begin with, not to mention the time spent that could be done doing other things. If I was pulling something in here and it was all I did you might have a point.

I think you're over exaggerating a lot of this to begin with. Traci isn't fully taking over the site, she's essentially taking on a larger role than she did. No one else had ever offered before and I've posted several requests for help on the main site since it has started.

And despite that, Traci was the ONLY person who ever offered me direct help on the site (beyond some corrections or something in the forum that we've always credited) and then actually did anything. Every one else has found that they too are too busy to contribute to this site as much as they would like (which I think is perfectly acceptable and understandable)--and even then I think about 7 people ever contacted me about it. There's not this line of people that have offered to write news posts for me. Do you seriously expect me to have a team of six writers to cover for each other the second something "super duper urgent" happens in the Megaten world? Seriously? lol.

Let's face it, nothing concerning this series is "super duper urgent" to begin with. Not one really has has patted me on the back when we've had news first (which much to my surprise has happened many times), but apparently they're willing to attack when I don't have it on the same day. How is that fair to any of us working on this project?

If it's really that much of a problem, you're more than free to make your own site and I would have no problem supporting it. I earnestly hope it goes well and lives up to your standards. Or you can go check out Megaten Haven or something. I don't know what else to say. You're being more passive aggressive than anything else to begin with, so I'm not sure what's making you fit to judge every one else's time commitments to this site. I've probably put in more time related to Megaten crap than half this board combined, if you want to get snappy about it. This isn't our career, it's not our life and we're just people. I'd appreciate your general input, but I'd also appreciate some level of patience with the situation. Thank you.

And thanks to the people who have been more understanding about it.

Aerozero: I haven't added any new smilies in a long time. I think there's quite a bit if you open up the full box, though.




Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com
Sign up for Dreamhost


Logged
Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf
Moderator
*****

offline Offline

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 06:54:39 PM »
Quote from: Enid;5726
I believe the Dark Summoner name is,Rasputin.I wouldn't exactly call him,Raidou's dark side either...unless you are talking about the alternate universe he gets thrown in.Atleast that's how it sounds like to me...but other than that,don't mind me.



Yeap, like traci said! I was wondering the same about it, so that´s why I put "Can´t remember well" because I was confused, to put Rasputing or the dark side of Raidou, anyway, I just put my deffinition of Raidou´s dark side, cause I think Rasputin´s deffinition would be a much easier deffinition to find.



Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Logged
Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Enid
Sadistic Desire
****

offline Offline

View Profile
Enid phones it in,
 « Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 08:28:31 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;5733
Yeap, like traci said! I was wondering the same about it, so that´s why I put "Can´t remember well" because I was confused, to put Rasputing or the dark side of Raidou, anyway, I just put my deffinition of Raidou´s dark side, cause I think Rasputin´s deffinition would be a much easier deffinition to find.


Ah,I see.That makes sense as to what you were going for,and what Traci wanted:

Quote from: traci;5729
Yeah, I was referring to Devil Summoners who have turned to the evil side (for lack of a better definition).


That is probably the best way to put it,but I can understand why you did think of Rasputin in that way.




Logged
Enid has 272 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Demi-heat
Sony Is God
**

offline Offline

View Profile Email
Digital_Devil_Saga@hotmail.com
Demi-heat phones it in,
 « Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 11:11:43 PM »
Emilio let me have the demi kids part please!!
¬¬ por eso de lo que andamos haciendo
i put the text in spanish because....i dont know how to put in english
:P Please

i put the message here because problaby you cant find me online in msn

Ken Amada

« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 11:15:31 PM by Demi-heat »


[SIGPIC]Persona User[/SIGPIC]

Logged
Demi-heat has 83 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
QBasic
Wildlife Jackass
***

offline Offline

View Profile Email
QBasic phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 12:42:49 AM »
Quote from: Tony;5731
What exactly is the problem? I'm not even sure what you're ranting about at this point. This is a hobby for anyone involved and I have a full time job aside from this. This isn't freaking Associated Press. I lose money on this thing between hosting, paying for the vBulletin license, items from Japan to add to the site, the games to begin with, not to mention the time spent that could be done doing other things. If I was pulling something in here and it was all I did you might have a point.

I think you're over exaggerating a lot of this to begin with. Traci isn't fully taking over the site, she's essentially taking on a larger role than she did. No one else had ever offered before and I've posted several requests for help on the main site since it has started.

And despite that, Traci was the ONLY person who ever offered me direct help on the site (beyond some corrections or something in the forum that we've always credited) and then actually did anything. Every one else has found that they too are too busy to contribute to this site as much as they would like (which I think is perfectly acceptable and understandable)--and even then I think about 7 people ever contacted me about it. There's not this line of people that have offered to write news posts for me. Do you seriously expect me to have a team of six writers to cover for each other the second something "super duper urgent" happens in the Megaten world? Seriously? lol.

Let's face it, nothing concerning this series is "super duper urgent" to begin with. Not one really has has patted me on the back when we've had news first (which much to my surprise has happened many times), but apparently they're willing to attack when I don't have it on the same day. How is that fair to any of us working on this project?

If it's really that much of a problem, you're more than free to make your own site and I would have no problem supporting it. I earnestly hope it goes well and lives up to your standards. Or you can go check out Megaten Haven or something. I don't know what else to say. You're being more passive aggressive than anything else to begin with, so I'm not sure what's making you fit to judge every one else's time commitments to this site. I've probably put in more time related to Megaten crap than half this board combined, if you want to get snappy about it. This isn't our career, it's not our life and we're just people. I'd appreciate your general input, but I'd also appreciate some level of patience with the situation. Thank you.

And thanks to the people who have been more understanding about it.

Aerozero: I haven't added any new smilies in a long time. I think there's quite a bit if you open up the full box, though.


You're absolutely ignoring and undermining your own community.  You say "they can help out, and receive pats on the back", while anyone who's to actually work on the site, you go out and look for someone completely on the outside...when you got competent staff members right here!  You don't need anyone from out there man, its all in here!



"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. " ~A Very Wise Man

Logged
QBasic has 159 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator
*****

offline Offline

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 12:50:34 AM »
I tried to keep this short, but there's so many points it brings up that I want to address...

I haven't looked for anyone on the "outside". I only know Traci thanks to making this site. You're in the forum, you've read the main posts on the front page then right? I've asked for help on the main page and those posts appear in this very forum for all people to read and post replies to (or people can even PM me). No one had ever seriously responded before and actually helped except Traci. And she just contacted and offered out of the blue. Sorry to tell you.

This is the first request I've made where anyone has given any serious response to me about actually helping. Emilio and Demi-Heat offered to help, I spoke them and we're figuring out every thing they'll be doing and how to set it up. They're all set to go. They will be staff, they will be on the staff page. You're telling me that people here could be the staff and that's exactly what's been happening all along! lol

You're acting like you're aware of every e-mail, PM or IM I've ever gotten regarding this site. Sorry, but it's not all in plain view on the forums. You don't even specifically know what Traci has done so far... which, trust me, is far more than it might seem to you.

I still can't even get over the idea of "giving credit" being a pat on the back. Emilio helped out with some quickly written Lexicon entries and so he'll get credit for that. Enid put up news about the anime, so I credited him for pointing it out. Traci has actually done things beyond that on the main site, so she's on the staff page. All three of them seem happy with this and you seem to be the only one coming to this conclusion that I'm undermining and insulting them. This isn't some crazy methodology I've invented, this is how sites are usually handled.

If people want to help and have anything specific to offer to the content of the site they have to tell me. 99% of the news worthy things that get posted here wind up on the front news page and the person who wrote about it is given full credit. This is how every other site seems to work without a problem. Really, there's only so many times I'm going to ask for help with little results before I give up and just allow people to come to me about it.

What do you want me to do? Make every one that posts in here ever a staff member of the site? Pay them? What would I have to do for you to not consider it a pat on the back? What sites have you been to that do this?

I mean, you're basically volunteering the whole forum when none of them have even said they wanted to do this. Never mind the fact that the previous people who have contacted me mostly have had forum accounts and just haven't had the time they wished to help. What can I really do about that? Nearly every one that has said they're interested turns out to not be able to help and I'm getting bitched out over that? How is that my fault? lol

I can't just give every one with some news or an idea free roam of the main site. It's not just news sections, it's also pages about games and characters and whatever else. That's what forums are for, people can post whatever they want in there. If you want to make a site that's set up like that, feel free to. That's just not how this one works. It's not a Wiki. Megaten Haven has one of those, people can contribute to it freely as they wish to.

Anyway, if you don't see my point after this I don't know what else to say and I'll certainly regret writing this much (as I did with my previous post). I'm sorry you feel I'm treating people poorly, even though none of the people in question have told me they feel that way.




Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com
Sign up for Dreamhost


Logged
Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator
*****

offline Offline

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 03:51:50 AM »
Woahh, passing up the battle posts. If you are serious, you should setup a Wiki open to all members. You can keep the front page stuff along with the Wiki, for ease of presentation, but you will find that over time the Wiki information will be much better and more informed then whatever single individuals can maintane. Then you can simply copy from the wiki into your home brew presentation.

As for SMT2, I'm not a big fan, but Hawk (Haku) was the hero's Valhalla Colloseum Fighter name. (think professional wrestling)

Aleph is simply the default player name. Rather than confusing visitors, its best to refer to this character in all games as the hero and heroine. (law/chaos hero in SMT1 -- also using the default names pushes your alignment to law, unless you re-enter them manually)



Logged
yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator
*****

offline Offline

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 08:06:32 AM »
Well, first of all, thanks for the info. I'm sure Traci will appreciate it.

As for the rest... Part of me just really doen't even want to maintain a Wiki or set it up. Megaten Haven already has one set up as it is and anyone can go add to it now if they wished to. For that reason alone, I just don't think it's really all that necessary and I almost feel like I'd be doubling up on what that site provides even more than I already am through these forums. I'm not really comfortable doing that.

I am also am not really convinced that most people would even add to the thing considering the existence and status of that one and the actual Wikipedia entries in general (which contain some rather basic information). A lot of the point of this site was that I wanted to make a site that I was responsible for and where I could maintain some level of control over the presentation, writing quality and so forth. Allowing a Wiki to take over all of this is the complete opposite of what I was going for, although I suppose making it complementary like you describe wouldn't hurt that.

I don't think it's a bad idea, don't get me wrong. I think if it worked out well it could help a lot. It's just hard to invest the time, energy and bandwidth into something I'm not convinced people would even use. I invested a lot of time and money into these forums, for example, and it took over a year for them to even be considered slow lol.

But If people think they'd use it and I'm wrong, then I'm willing to do it. I mean, that seems like what qbasic is pushing for in addition anyway (although none of that really mentions the writers/editors name, so I don't know). Assuming you were thinking you might add things to it, that's two people potentially right there lol.




Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com
Sign up for Dreamhost


Logged
Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator
*****

offline Offline

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 09:49:33 AM »
The current Megaten Haven "staffers" last I was familiar with it, were by no means a stable or suitably professional crew. The presentation of this site is much better, however it is understandible not to setup another Wiki. The English Megaten community have never really been able to get their horses together on properly archiving the Megaten universes.

You should consult with the Megaten Haven people, and talk about sharing the Wiki, along with any other fansites who want to create resevoires of game information. That way at least if any site folds, then someone can keep the Wiki alive.

Before adding to your own site database, you should always add to a Wiki first and let the info ferment for a while, or at the least make sure there is a section in the Wiki for what you want to document.

You should also always pay attention to the whatever chosen central Wiki's update logs.

Whatever you do, just don't waste the community's time by doing it halfway or half-ass. Wiki's are great for pooling the human resources of a community. Also the best sources you can find are typically text FAQs, as they are the only format compilers can count on persisting as the internet evolve.  So copying info from FAQs to a hypertext archive should be your primary order of business. You should comb Japanese sources as well, which can be great sources of ingame art and stats, and shuld be the primary source for any archive as most of the franchise remains a Japanese exclusive offering, and many of the most knowledgible players you'll find favor the Japanese releases.

Play your cards right at this moment, and you could easily become the premier community hub. Get your visitors up, and if users won't donate, throw up some ads and make yourself some money. The internet doesn't pay for itself. I've known times when the Megaten community was overflowing with netizens. One of the Megaten games was dubbed best RPG of the year not too many years ago. There is no reason why that audience isn't out there somewhere looking for resources and community.

Personally with Imagine on the horizon, this feels like it should be a new dawn for Megatendom. Imagine is the best cannon title I've seen since Megaten 2. People should be playing it. For me, playing a game in Japanese was always half the appeal of Megaten for some reason. It is a meta game that adds a whole new layer of discovery. You neo-fans are just too lazy and pampered to get into the game.

editted: No I wouldn't personally add anything to a Wiki other than criticism and suggestions. My lifestyle just doesn't permit these sorts of diversions. I think it would be awesome to compile the collective knowledge base of the community however, in a hypertext format, and in one easy to use and look at repository. Most of the info is already out there. It just needs to be organized. Well, I might help a little with translation and explaination if anyone wants to seriously take on the Famicom games.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:01:48 AM by yksehtniycul »


Logged
yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.5 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.