DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:30:31 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: <HELP> Troubleshooting!! (Read 41710 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »
Yeah, is pretty old :( But it began with the updates until now :) I think I shall wait a LONG time before I can play! Thanks =D

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 12:21:45 AM »
That error is saying your graphics adapter isn't up to spec. You'll need PS2.0 hardware or better. If you were able to play before you should still be able to. But if you changed your graphics card you either need a new one, or should use the one you played with before. Might also be you haven't installed your drivers and directx, but less likely than you just need a game oriented card.

Any machine sold with Vista Home Premium should probably be able to play. PS2.0 is a fairly ancient spec requirement in PC time. If you're on a desktop, you should be able to buy a card for about  30$ USD or less that would meet the basic requirements.

PS: The 404 is normal when installing fresh, though you'd think someone at Cave would've noticed that by now, but IMAGINE is riddled with these types of errors. Just ignore them and forge ahead. Now and then they are fixed from update to update. The latest update client fixed a number of such misleading message dialogs.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:24:32 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 07:39:09 AM »
O_O Ok, thanks for the info. Well I haven´t changed anything from my pc since the last time I played IMAGINE, but like you say, If I was able to play before then I shall be able to play now. I think I shall wait for the updates to finish.

BTW, I get this "Windows need to close the program" thing when I run the game and I can´t see anything except the option and text on the profile page, maybe is because of the updates?

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »
You probably wanna make sure you have the actual drivers for your graphics installed and search out the latest version of directx for your system. If it is Vista, it installs and updates DX10 itself I think.

I dunno what to tell you about the your other message there. I can't really follow your situation as described. For instance, what is "the option and text on the profile page?"

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008, 11:19:42 AM »
I´ll re-install the graphics drivers again.

And sorry for not being so especific, what I mean, is that when I run the Imagine.client the log on screen appear, after I input my ID and PASS, the "profile" or "character" screen appears and the list of profiles and channels, etc. The problem is, that I can only see, the text boxes, and options, so in other words, I can choose a profile, a channel and then accept and enter the game, but the whole screen is black (and is supposed to show the character standing) except for the options I can "click". And if I choose my profile and then enter the game, the screen stays in the same place and nothing happens.

Does it has to do with the updates?

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »
Sounds like graphics issues. If it isn't updated, it shouldn't start. If you can access your display options in game, you might try turning them down a notch or two. Try the game in windowed and fullscreen mode, etcetera. You probably don't have the newest drivers installed (download them)

What is your OS? Are you using a laptop or desktop? If you're on a desktop with an 8x agp port or PCIexpress graphics card port and you think your motherboard is ok, you might wanna buy a new graphics card.

Just maybe you can manually adjust some of your graphics settings via your Windows control panel or the advanced button in the display mode dialog which accesses your graphics cards feature set.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 12:06:57 PM »
I´m using a Desktop with "Windows XP Service Pack 2" I will try to play the game at different resolutions cause I´m playing with the windowed mode and the last time I was using Full Screen mode and it runs "normally".

So the problem is not the updates but with the graphic card and/or drivers. Ok, once I get home, I´ll try to change the resolution and the window settings. Thanks =D

Auska
Hopeful Dancer

View Profile Email
Auska phones it in,
 « Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 08:06:50 AM »
Hi I'm new the boards so just throw that out there for anyone that cares.

My problem with Imagine is as follows. So I downloaded this bad boy and was all like "Oh wow I'm excited, this could be loads of fun." So I start up the game and I'm playing and having a good time. What could go wrong? Well after five minutes of playing everything just slows down to epic proportions. Every time that I try to play as soon as I hit 3-5 minutes It slows to the point where it takes 1 minute just so I can turn to get to the door i want to go in. It unbearable.

I really want to play this game, but if things continue like this, My dream will never be fulfilled. So basically I wanna know how to fix it.

By the way I have the same problem with sims 2. Works fine for a while a while then it's like everybody suddenly entered a slo-mo dimension.

Auska has 1 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »
Well if it feels like slow motion, then it is a performance issue and you should list your PC's specs to the best of your ability. If it feels like you're getting kicked around then it's your internet connection's doing, in which case you might wanna describe the network you connect to the internet from, or call your ISP and have a talk.

editted: Most likely you'll wanna invest in a RAM module or two.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 02:22:57 PM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #39 on: August 28, 2008, 09:53:59 AM »
Hey, yksehtniycul, a user on the forum needs some help with playing IMAGINE, he says that he hasn't been able to send you a PM. His username is "Wing", send him a PM or anything :) Thanks :D

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »
Hey, yksehtniycul, a user on the forum needs some help with playing IMAGINE, he says that he hasn't been able to send you a PM. His username is "Wing", send him a PM or anything :) Thanks :D

I recieved his PM.

Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
Maverynthia phones it in,
 « Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 03:19:40 AM »
Is there no way to Alt-Tab, everytime I do it just ends the program :< I'm trying to Fraps something and follow a Starter tutorial...

Maverynthia has 52 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 03:38:17 AM »
Sorry, Greek to me  confused

My guess is alt+tab means the Vista "page flipper" doohicky? If so it doesn't give me any trouble. Are you in fullscreen mode?

With Vista many actions will cause the game to disappear. Afaik however, this is because Vista changes to admin mode.

If you're trying to use another app, I'd try the Windows icon key and go from there.

Maverynthia
Bishie Demon Hunter

View Profile
Maverynthia phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 07:34:26 AM »
Sorry, Greek to me  confused

My guess is alt+tab means the Vista "page flipper" doohicky? If so it doesn't give me any trouble. Are you in fullscreen mode?

With Vista many actions will cause the game to disappear. Afaik however, this is because Vista changes to admin mode.

If you're trying to use another app, I'd try the Windows icon key and go from there.

I'm not using Vista at all, just XP. Windows Icon key is disabled. :/

Maverynthia has 52 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 08:15:13 PM »
Is there no way to Alt-Tab, everytime I do it just ends the program :< I'm trying to Fraps something and follow a Starter tutorial...

You'll have to translate that^ then if you won't my thoughts (sorry)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: