DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:43:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's with the low post count? (Read 17056 times)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « on: October 20, 2007, 09:26:29 PM »
Is it me or has this forum recently (well for as long as I've seen, which is a little bit before when I joined) had lower post counts? Seeing as how SMT is my favorite series, I take enjoyment in conversing with other people about it. But what's with the low amount of posting? I check regularly and not many red icons appear. Shouldn't we try to get more SMT fans to come here or something? (I know that number isn't substantial, but, still, there is a fair amount of them) It's not that big of a problem, but it really bums me out when there's a low amount of posting, add on to that any posts here are, seemingly, mostly on Persona 3. Which I've had my fair share of and would like to talk about other interesting topics surrounding SMT.  

Just thought I'd throw that out there. This is, in fact, one of my favored forums I frequent on my free time.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »
I think right now is one of those moments every so many years, where the primary Megaten waterig hole has imploded and everyone is wondering which fansite will eventually become the new community hub.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 11:49:25 PM »
Well I definently hope it's this one, if that's the case:P

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 06:11:40 AM »
I thought it was, but now I'm not sure.

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 10:45:42 AM »
Yeah, I was tempting on starting a thread just like this on, But I was thinking that anyone will reply to it, just like other threads I`ve started. I was trying to revive the forum by posting some thing around, but it seems like no one is intersted.

Anyway, I like to say that this is my favorite forum, just like Neao say over there. But it kinds of bother me, cause Is boring, enter in the forum and never find something new.

What I think that this forum needs, is something like the other forums around the net (not just of Megaten), maybe what it needs is that people start threads of "Fan Fics", "Discussion of games" (like, posting our personal conclusions of the games, and debate them). And I don`t know what else can we talk about, but one thing is sure, there are a lot of topics of which we can talk, but no one wants it, cause they are too lazy to keep posting.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Camanche
Same shit, different style.

View Profile Email
camanche@gmail.com
Camanche phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 06:17:11 PM »
Economic depression? I haven't been here a long time myself but I sometimes feel like things MegaTen related don't have such a strong internet presence as something like Final Fantasy. I feel like the fanbase is already growing though.

Camanche has 171 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 11:36:55 PM »
Megami Tensei forums always suffer from long bouts of nothing. It's happened here before. There's just nothing to talk about when it comes to Megami Tensei. Attempting to add other, non-Megami Tensei areas of discussion are pointless, because there's other, far more active forums, where one can discuss such things.

I feel like the fanbase is already growing though.
Now, if only they would get smarter.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 10:34:09 PM »
Yeah, it's really just a matter of what's going on. There's currently absolutely nothing going on in the SMT universe and there's really only so much to talk about that can't be covered by some place that offers FAQs.

This place goes through bouts of it after any new game comes out.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Soulless_Beast
Tragic Idiot.

View Profile Email
furious_st
Soulless_Beast phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 01:57:53 PM »
I guess it's just the bat dance.... <:|> :P. Yeah the idiot is back!

Pandas on the storm.... Pandas on the storm.... Into this house we roam. Then to the streets we run. When the peeps aren't having fun it's to us they first shall come. Pandas on the storm... YEAH!

Soulless_Beast has 101 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Demi-heat
Sony Is God

View Profile Email
Digital_Devil_Saga@hotmail.com
Demi-heat phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 01:51:35 PM »
:p
i think... is better to make the forum from atlus game and not only in megaten series?
:p only my opinion

atte:Ken Amada

[SIGPIC]Persona User[/SIGPIC]

Demi-heat has 83 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 12:58:09 AM »
I honestly think most of the serious fanbase are scared away by all the characters drawn out after English localization became a reality.

The English speaking Megaten world has never been the same since. Most simply refuse to participate, which I find disappointing myself, but understandible.

Then again, maybe we just had more to talk about when everyone was trying to play Japanese games, and needed help to progress despite the language barrier. But then no one is publically discussing Imagine, which I find shameful personally.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:04:08 AM by yksehtniycul »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 08:57:10 AM »
I guess all the people playing IMAGINE help each other inside the game, and they discuss everything too. Or maybe is the lack of people who nows this place that don´t come to post on the IMAGINE section... Who knows...

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 06:37:26 AM »
That's extremely selfish if true. One more reason to be ashamed.

Heat
Devil Buster

View Profile
Heat phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;5702
I honestly think most of the serious fanbase are scared away by all the characters drawn out after English localization became a reality.

The English speaking Megaten world has never been the same since. Most simply refuse to participate, which I find disappointing myself, but understandible.

This is true. I generally don't even bother with Megami Tensei fans anymore, and only hang around on some forums because I lack anything better to do. Though, to be fair, the fanbase before the English localizations was kind of bad, too. There was a lot of drama, if I recall correctly, which drove away a lot of the more prominent Megami Tensei fans.

Heat has 394 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 07:36:14 AM »
Quote from: Heat;5756
This is true. I generally don't even bother with Megami Tensei fans anymore, and only hang around on some forums because I lack anything better to do. Though, to be fair, the fanbase before the English localizations was kind of bad, too. There was a lot of drama, if I recall correctly, which drove away a lot of the more prominent Megami Tensei fans.

Very true. Though I missed out on the sunsetting of that era myself, I've heard stories, and it sounded ugly.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 07:46:54 AM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: