DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:04:36 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 Fes in UK (Read 41098 times)
Augustus Graves

View Profile Email
Augustus Graves phones it in,
 « on: September 09, 2007, 06:07:13 PM »
So, there's rumors going around that KOEI is going to be releasing Persona 3 in the UK in 2008.

So, I'm thinking, it would be to everyone's benefit if we began trying to find out exactly who is distributing/re-translating Persona 3 for Europe and then begging, pleading, petitioning, paying, worshipping them until they try to include Fes in their release.

That's probably the only real way to enjoy it outside of importing it and learning Japanese.  So...

Maybe its a futile idea, but I think its honestly our best chance right now.

Augustus Graves has 4 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 07:19:24 PM »
I honestly don't see why people aren't satisfied with 100+ hours of gameplay in the first place. Plus, where have you heard these rumours? If it isn't from a credible place, then I don't really care. I don't see any such info on Koei's site, unless I'm went over something.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 07:37:34 PM »
On Amazon.co.uk, it says they expect Persona in 2008. I did read somewhere (I honestly can't remember) that KOEI are going to publish it. I think there's a good chance it will - all the Megaten games that have come out on these shores (I also live in the UK) have done well so it prolly will be released.

I wouldn't bother though - we won't get the shiny packaging or the artbook. Plus we'll most likely get big, black PAL borders. The NTSC copies are superior anyway. Alas, you need a chipped or modded PS2 to run the game. My one works fine.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
nightsavior

View Profile Email
nightsavior phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 11:08:44 PM »
I'll  wish the best for  you UK-ers. It'd be awesome  if you got Festival. No jealousy issues  at all. Just be sure to tell me how cool the extra content is if you get the whole package!

nightsavior has 156 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Kryuzei

View Profile Email
Kryuzei phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 04:16:51 AM »
UK huh. . ? That means that it's going to be. . PAL version . . Guess there's no way that my country would get that.
Oh well, best of luck then :P

So. . It is not an illusion after all. . It's. .Really. . Hurts. . . Isn't it. .?

Kryuzei has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Augustus Graves

View Profile Email
 « Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 04:33:17 AM »
Honestly, I think it would be entirely worth modding your PS2 just to import Fes from the UK.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 06:51:36 AM »
I doubt it is possible to mod a NTSC console for PAL gameplay, the television resolutions are different and incompatible as far as I know. Unless the PAL units are just cheap hacks that postprocess NTSC output.

--AtlusUSA obviously doesn't care about the completeness of the game. If they knew about Festival etc, it should've been included as a second disc, if they didn't want to do another release.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:54:37 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Augustus Graves

View Profile Email
 « Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 07:57:37 AM »
Nah, I've got a few PAL games I play and its no problem.  At least with Swap Magic.  You can just set it to NTSC or PAL and it'll 'adjust' the game for your display and all that jazz.

Even then, if you get a TV tuner card ($15 5 years ago - cheaper now I'm sure) then you can just run it through your PC monitor, have a crisper image, AND it'll automatically handle PAL/NTSC/etc.

There are ways.  Plenty.  Like I said, I pray the UK releases Fes, its our only chance.

Kryuzei

View Profile Email
Kryuzei phones it in,
 « Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 08:44:12 AM »
I'm not talking about swapping or the compability of my televison and PS2. . I'm talking about the release itself in my country. Honestly, I don't think there's anyone who'll bothered to download the game/import it and release it in here T_T

So. . It is not an illusion after all. . It's. .Really. . Hurts. . . Isn't it. .?

Kryuzei has 25 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Neao

MaleView Profile Email
Neao phones it in,
 « Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 06:23:08 PM »
Quote from: yksehtniycul;5053

--AtlusUSA obviously doesn't care about the completeness of the game. If they knew about Festival etc, it should've been included as a second disc, if they didn't want to do another release.

There's so much content that even with another Aegis branch, which we don't really need because she plays an extremely pivotal role in the story and we get multiple facets of her personality and major development, it wouldn't really matter. I for one am satisfied with the fact that I played the game for 110 hours on my first play through, got 91% done on the compendium and only maxed out a few S-links. That alone justifies at least 2 more playthroughs to max out other S-links to see how everything else plays out. After that, another S-link and a couple of quirps here and there won't mean much.

Is it that people cannot be satisifed until they know they have everything in the game? Or is it just wanting for the sake of wanting something when you already have enough? I know that P3 is enough for me already, and am in no rush to get FES.

Neao has 177 Posts (+13/-0 Karma)
Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
AruKristaller@hotmail.com Setsuzoku
Matsudai Hibiki phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 08:32:23 PM »
Quote from: Neao;5068
There's so much content that even with another Aegis branch, which we don't really need because she plays an extremely pivotal role in the story and we get multiple facets of her personality and major development, it wouldn't really matter. I for one am satisfied with the fact that I played the game for 110 hours on my first play through, got 91% done on the compendium and only maxed out a few S-links. That alone justifies at least 2 more playthroughs to max out other S-links to see how everything else plays out. After that, another S-link and a couple of quirps here and there won't mean much.

Is it that people cannot be satisifed until they know they have everything in the game? Or is it just wanting for the sake of wanting something when you already have enough? I know that P3 is enough for me already, and am in no rush to get FES.
I personally would like to play FES for the storyline, but, to each their own, I guess.

Matsudai Hibiki has 17 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
aerozero

View Profile
aerozero phones it in,
 « Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 08:47:08 PM »
I just want FES for the Maxed out Commu endings mostly.

aerozero has 264 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Lycanthroat
Hewn from Diet Coke

FemaleView Profile Email
Lycanthroat phones it in,
 « Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 09:21:06 PM »
I can definitely see where Neao is coming from. Persona 3 is an extremely exhausting game - almost as epic as Lucifer's Call (if you don't know, Lucifer's Call is the UK name for Shin Megami Nocturne Maniacs). Atlus will prolly just release a transcribed version of the NTSC-US original, hence why Europeans always get inferior copies i.e. the big black borders.

Fes is a curiousity more than a must-have for me. I have gotten my monies worth out of P3 and not playing FES would just be another game western gamers have missed out on. Look at Shadow Hearts Covenant: Director's Cut.

I do believe a PS2 chipping system for NTSC PS2s exists in the forms of disc swapping and modding/chipping. I think you'll have to search pretty hard for it though.

Lycanthroat has 128 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 09:22:44 PM »
I want FES, to have all the P3 games completed, since is my favorite serie of Megaten.

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Matsudai Hibiki
Echo and Narcissus

View Profile Email
AruKristaller@hotmail.com Setsuzoku
Matsudai Hibiki phones it in,
 « Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 09:35:18 PM »
Quote from: Emilio Morales;5078
I want FES, to have all the P3 games completed, since is my favorite serie of Megaten.
Have you played any of the other Persona games?

Matsudai Hibiki has 17 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: