DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:22:04 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions from a new guy^^ (Read 9038 times)
WarBaby2

View Profile Email
WarBaby2 phones it in,
 « on: August 17, 2007, 02:20:06 PM »
Hi folks :-)

New here and (almost new) to the series too. I played some of the SMT games but never actually finished one.

But with P3 this will be different I think... I simply LOVE this game! I mean, what JRPG features this lvl of character interaction? It even beats my long time favorite Suikoden V!
[SPOILER]
Man I'm still worried about Yukari getting ill the first time the group went to Tartaurs. ;-)[/SPOILER]
Ah, ok, never mind me.^^ I am here for a reason of course, I have a few questions:

First: The weapons and stuff you can by at the police station, are they only for your own use or for your party aswell? I ask this because of two facts: I seem not be able to earn enough mony to equip my whole group with all the new, better stuff, and, wenn I first got to the station, J and I got 5k yen each to spend on equipment.
Second: Is it normal that I have to decide between two social links (people) to spend time on very early on in the game or was it just bad timing on my sind?

I am not very far into the game yet as you may have noticed, but I feel a little uneasy about making too big mistakes.^^

Thanks in advance!

WarBaby2

WarBaby2 has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tsunehito
Addictive Epicurean

View Profile Email
mishinaeikichi mishina.eikichi
Tsunehito phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 06:14:13 PM »
You'll have to buy equipment for all your party members. Well, you don't HAVE to. Usually you'll find equipment while Exploring Tartarus and you can get the same weapons from the shop during shuffle. Money won't be much of a concern; just be sure to do Elizabeth's quests and, like Tony suggested, always visit the shrine and buy a fortune. ;D

WHen you get more links, you'll have so many more people to juggle. >.< I wouldn't worry too much, though. I just spend time with whoever can get me a bigger bonus on the next persona I'm planning to fuse. Like, if a person raises the tower arcana link and there aren't any tower persona to be fused, then I wouldn't invest too much--if any--time with them at the moment. Hope that kinda helps. ^^;

Tsunehito has 72 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Tony
"Evil is good. Evil is the job."
Retired Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
Tony phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:53:28 PM »
Weapons are bought essentially with the Protagonist's skills in mind. You'll have to kind of remember what you gave to your teammates, from what I've figured out with it. The Protagonist can equip essentially any weapon in the game, but you have to actually give these weapons to your teammates in Tartarus.

You'll eventually have so much money that it won't be a concern. Fortunes help, but so do cases in Tartarus, money cards after fights, selling weapons you get from cards, selling items after defeating guardians and doing quests. It's pretty typical even like 20 hours in to have a good 200,000 plus Yen. The thing to keep in mind is that buying Personas you've registered can add up very, very quickly.

Social links open up significantly as time goes on. You can't really form any with your actual SEES friends until several months have passed, some are only available on certain days or if you've reached certain levels with other Social Links.

Through normal playing I'd guess you'd probably find out about all of them... there might be one or two that could be missed depending on your choices.

Don't forget to check out the main site at http://www.digitaldevildb.com
I also have a new site upcoming: http://www.attackofthepowerbrick.com

Tony has 485 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Doublehex

View Profile Email
doublehex@gmail.com doublehex168
Doublehex phones it in,
 « Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 01:54:43 AM »
Quote from: Tony;4633
The thing to keep in mind is that buying Personas you've registered can add up very, very quickly.

Tell me about it - I spent 10K+ Yen easy just trying to get the Valkyrie w/ Tarakuja for Rebecca's request. Then I read a FAQ, and it turned out I just needed Forneus and Yomutsu-Shikome. >.>

Doublehex has 9 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
ShinByakki
Persona User

View Profile
ShinByakki phones it in,
 « Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 05:27:24 AM »
Also, always save before a full moon, the day before the full moon you get unlimited time on toothpaste tower and your partners never get tired.

ShinByakki has 110 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
WarBaby2

View Profile Email
WarBaby2 phones it in,
 « Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 08:55:46 AM »
Thanks for all the advice :-)

I restarted my game yesterday and now I am 6 houres into. Going pretty good so far (cleard the tower up lv16 before first full moon, all attributes on rank 2^^).

The only thing thats odd is... I never fought a grave beatle before, not once. *g* But I still have a few days till full moon, so I keep on looking for that little bug(ger).

Speeking of witch: Is it possible to get the loot of rare mobs when your party is split up and somebody else fights one?

WarBaby2 has 8 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Sepherest

View Profile Email
Sepherest phones it in,
 « Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 04:12:01 PM »
Quote from: WarBaby2;4644
Thanks for all the advice :-)
Speeking of witch: Is it possible to get the loot of rare mobs when your party is split up and somebody else fights one?

Well, I know that when the characters split they can find and collect treasure and then give it to you. When I was looking for a rare monster, I set it so that the party would defeat all Shadows. But when they fought the rare, it vanished/ran away. So it's good to first send your party to catch the rare, and then just run up and battle it and hope it won't run away.

Sepherest has 14 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: